X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mosh51501984
    Full On Cocktard
    • Nov 2010

Eddie Trunk Back Pedaling

@eddietrunk To me Hagar and Roth versions are two completely different bands and I like them both, but the first 4 Roth albums are untouchable to me.

@EddieTrunk Would you agree that Diamond Dave has better stage presence than Sammy?

@EddieTrunk I agree with that

incredible to me the people that feel you can't like both versions of Van Halen and need to pick a side. I mean what is this, high school?
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Who gives a shit what that sheep thinks?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Mmmmkay.

So tell him to admit publicly he was WRONG, and that the 6 pack sold WAY more albums than the entire van hagar catalog.

He needs to stop believing whatever lies Spambot The Insignificant puts in his mouth.

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mosh51501984
        incredible to me the people that feel you can't like both versions of Van Halen and need to pick a side. I mean what is this, high school?

There is nothing high-schoolish about having a core set of values that you believe in and defending them vigorously --- and apparently Trunk doesnt know what core values he's defending:

Fast forward to 1:12 in the video where Trunk tells everyone that Sammy is "inspirational" because he became a tequila salesman --- and then listen to Sammy continue bragging about it.

I dunno about you ---- but I became a Van Halen fan because of Eddie's musicianship and Dave's swagger ---- tequila money has nothing to do with it. Do you even know what the real Van Halen stands for ??

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

I'm keeping the press on....

Roth_Army @EddieTrunk Then you shouldn't have a problem acknowledging that DLR/VH sold DOUBLE compared to SH/VH. Correct your mistake Eddie !!
          Wed, Jan 04 17:58:15 from TwInbox in reply to EddieTrunk

Roth_Army @EddieTrunk Brian Johnson Ep., With Hagar "Band actually got bigger and sold more albums". Horribly incorrect statement, Eddie...
          Wed, Jan 04 18:37:59 from TwInbox
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• njbill
            Full On Cocktard
            • Mar 2006

The worst part of being a Sam Halen fan, is telling your parents you are gay.

Comment

• fifth element
              Commando
              • Nov 2010

oh, brother....

any comments about Sammie's stage presence?
              other than the fact that he sat there and agreed w/ every comment made to him...
              no origional thoughts at all.
              “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

and for all that Trunk's seeing the band in a small venue tomorrow.

Must be something to see VH in a club setting.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

You'll never have better leverage than right now VA. Call the Roth camp and have him removed from the guest list for tomorrow night's event!!!!!!!
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by njbill
                    The worst part of being a Sam Halen fan, is telling your parents you are gay.
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Roth_Army @EddieTrunk Then you shouldn't have a problem acknowledging that DLR/VH sold DOUBLE compared to SH/VH. Correct your mistake Eddie !!

Roth_Army @EddieTrunk Brian Johnson Ep., With Hagar "Band actually got bigger and sold more albums". Horribly incorrect statement, Eddie...
                      LMAO

EPIC to get those responses back!

In the meantime I have had some similar tweets going to Sam over the last week, "These guys will NEVER get an album out" and many other red slaps, Best is just sending album artwork......no, Not 1 response.

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

Who the fuck has been "inspired" by Van HAGAR and Hagar in general?

I've only seen one admit it, and it was the frontman from Tesla claiming he won a slot in the band by singing "You're love is driving me crazy".

Classic Van Halen? Every fucking hairband ever, plus Smashing Pumpkins, Pantera, Alice In Chains, L7, (FORD claims Nirvana..cannot confirm nor deny) Green Day, Living Colour. oh..forgot..in the "All My Life" video for Foo Fighters, they're actually playing "Panama"

The whole crowd including CHRIS ROCK didn't go apeshit over the 04 reunion did they? No, because Roth led Van Halen was fucking awesome. Van HAGAR is the fucking 80's version of Nickelback with a better guitarist.
                        Last edited by Unchainme; 01-04-2012, 08:12 PM.
                        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by fifth element
                          any comments about Sammie's stage presence?
                          other than the fact that he sat there and agreed w/ every comment made to him...
                          no original thoughts at all.

Listen to those '82-'84 Lisa Robinson interviews with Dave and it's like a boxing match ---- Lisa isn't afraid to call out Dave on what she perceives as bullshit, and Dave vigorously defends his statements.

That's how a REAL rock interview is supposed to be conducted. No compromise of your core values.

When I watch this Eddie Trunk interview ---- all I see is cowardice and apologism for a very mediocre musical artist.

Comment

• Headly1984
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2011

I cannot find the stats now - but seem to recall a higher total for the ,ugh, Sam version of VH

Which kinda makes sense due to population increase(economy of scale), commercialization of the music, lack of any real competition for in the rock genre, and the Van Hagar vanilla appeal to womin folk and middle aged soft rocker types - hahaha, ugh, but I don't get hung up on what the majority are into - it usually sucks, - kinda like JUMP being the best selling VH song of all time - wtf !?!?!!

go figure, there is no accounting for peoples lack of taste =)

even godsmack has an audience, and they really suck =) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Last edited by Headly1984; 01-04-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• TJMKID
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                              Who the fuck has been "inspired" by Van HAGAR and Hagar in general?

The whole crowd including CHRIS ROCK didn't go apeshit over the 04 reunion did they? No, because Roth led Van Halen was fucking awesome. Van HAGAR is the fucking 80's version of Nickelback with a better guitarists.

Dave wrote a song about banging a hot stripper and comparing it to driving a really fast car ("Panama")

Sammy wrote a song about the joys of his wife's dusty old pussy ("Poundcake")

It's pretty easy to see which version of Van Halen inspired people ---- and which version did not.

Comment

Working...