No announcement yet.

Official 1/5 NYC Cafe Wha? Review Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at Dave at the end of the vid. Such joy. He and the boys are really into this and we couldn't ask for a better scenario.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

thank you so much greeneyedmurder... awesome!!! wolfie kicks ass

Comment

WOW! Thanxs GreenEyedMurder!! Wolfie's Layin down one nasty dirty groove. Michael who?? .....
        [

Comment

Pants definitely fucking off! Jesus Fucking Christ!
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

I got a lot to post here...christ...it feels like I WAS AT THE DAMN SHOW, after talking to WARF, and watching greeneyed's vid...HOLY HELL!

gem...great video...the ROTH ARMY owes you!

Awesome stuff...my thoughts on the vid in a moment...

first, to a couple of things that WARF said...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Fuckin A....

Just listened back again....

Wolf and Al are LOCKED IN.

Incredible.
              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

The vibe they have now is like night and day compared to '07-'08,They're about to kick some serious ass with this album........

Been a great day, had fun posting with you guys though- don't know why I didn't join sooner lol

I'm out for tonight,thanks for the great posts everyone

"and,for the record, fuck off Heater"

-Peace/Roth On Everyone have a good day

Comment

Kick fuckin ass!

Is that WARF's camera to the right? That shit's in H fuckin D !!!
                  Last edited by Diamondjimi; 01-06-2012, 01:16 AM.
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder View Post
                    It seems to be the same. I'll have to fire up iTunes (while I write my articles) and listen, but I think it is.
                    I am in the process of sending a video of almost the entire song to Va, but it's taking forever to upload it into the email (I'm also sending a bunch of pics, which are also taking a long time to upload). In the meantime, I made a *private* link on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4pJ8ZVxZus Please don't post this elsewhere or pass it around too much. Thanks!

Also, a bit of trivia: In the promo video for the tour (the one which shows the band in a new video, but plays clips of "1984" hits), the woman with the camera is Dana, their official photographer. I stood right next to her (directly in front of the stage) the entire time. Incredibly sweet, fun, great sense of humor. I met someone else who works for/with them, and I have to say that they surround themselves with awesome people.

That is awesome, and WOLF sounds great!!!

Comment

thanks GEM! and WOW!

Comment

Reading these reviews, seeing Greeneyeds video of the song, all the people here tonight, all that is happening....I'm dizzy. And so happy my eyes are watering up a bit. Permagrin all night. This has been so much fun. We will be talking about tonight for years to come.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

I am so completely overwhelmed!!

They are friggin on fire!!
                          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

WARF...by the way...just shot me a couple of texts...

1. His review, pics and vid will be coming tomorrow. He is OUT OF THE CLUB AND SOBER...he made it to his bus, which is heading home in about three minutes...he'll roll in after three...and get to work at 7 AM...so patience SIR WARF will be in the house tomorrow...

2. He kept coming back to Wolfgang...blazing about how good he was...and he kept saying...NO BACKING VOCALS...NO BACKING TRACKS...HE WAS AWESOME...

So...I've been going round and round about this show and the brilliance of it...how THEY'VE NEVER DONE SHIT LIKE THIS BEFORE...and I've got it...it's fucking clear as a fucking bell...

There have been so many bashings towards this band...AND FOLKS...IT'S BEEN DESERVED. They've fucked up on every stage since 1985...in so many ways. Think about all the criticisms...Dave can't sing anymore, Eddie can't play any more...Alex needs bionics because his body is breaking down...they don't get along...Wolfgang sucks...he doesn't belong...they aren't a tight band anymore...they don't pay attention to their fans...they have no fucking clue how to play the media anymore...

then comes Cafe Wha...after exclusive videos to the VHND and the Army...and then after to VHLinks with some nudging from Va...they throw bones to their fans first...

then this show...not a premiere event really...no security...bare bones...clean...and in the front row...TWO MEMBERS FROM THE ARMY...Jeff is there from VHND...James from Links...and there's Van fucking Halen...

...and you can hear it...THEY ARE TIGHT AS FUCK...they sounded great...tight...and it wasn't canned...they were up there having a fucking blast. Alex, finally ripping on a regular drum set...Eddie clearly feeling a song unlike nothing he's done since 85...Wolfy absolutely STOLE THE FUCKING SHOW...they had him geared up...and he was tearing it up...and Edward wasn't singing...that background pitch was fucking Wolfie...almost overtaking David...hmmmm...

and Dave...looked different...humble...happy...and so did fucking Eddie...like their path brought them to this point...and finally...THEY ARE FUCKING BACK!!!!

Seriously...I saw the show in 2007...and it was good...but at no point in 2007 did they sound like that video...holy fuck...

THEY'RE FUCKING BACK...IN BLAZING COLOR...THE TOASTMASTER GENERAL LEADING THE FUCKING CHARGE...

VAN HALEN IS FUCKING BACK BITCHES....

DEAR SAMMY...HAVE FUN ROLLING AROUND IN YOUR CHICKEN SHIT...YOUR FOOTNOTE IN VH LORE...JUST BECAME A FOOTNOTE TO A FOOTNOTE...

HEAVEN HELP US ALL!!!
                            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Well, I'd say that video lays to rest the rumors that Wolfie can't actually play bass.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by Roth & Roll View Post
                                THAT WAS AWESOME! Thanks for sharing such amazing footage - looks like you were literally 1 foot away from Dave. Unbelievable.
                                It's the same song from the '77 demos - but it has been reworked a bit.

The thing that really stood out for me was Wolf's bass playing - he's clearly driving that song and sounds light years ahead of where he was as a bassist in 2007.

This kid has been on the receiving end of a lot of harsh criticism since '07, and it looks like he's going to shut some mouths during this upcoming tour.
                                When was the last time bass was featured prominently on a VH song?

Thanks again, GreenEyedMurder - much appreciated!
                                Yes, I was so close to Dave that I literally saw the fillings in the back of his mouth. He saw me, too -- he sang a little bit to me and at the end, grabbed my hand and held it. Even his sister (Alison) saw and stopped me on my way out to chat about it for a moment.

Wolfie really came into his own since the last tour. It has to be hard on him, being the boss's son and replacing a very popular (and incredibly skilled/talented) guy, but he really seemed to earn his place in the band now.

Comment

Working...
                                X