X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreenEyedMurder
    Head Fluffer
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Full Bug
    Hey GEM, are there any pics or video of you at the show? If there have been I must have missed them....
    No! I've only been able to find 1 that shows the back of my head, and another that shows my forearms up in the arm, clapping at the end of a song.
    I guess that's what happens when you're 5-foot-4, have dark hair and wearing black in a dark club.
    However, I'm hoping that some footage from "Jump" shows up, because that's when I had my longest interactive time with Dave. Even his sister, who wasn't really near me, saw it.

Comment

• Full Bug
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
      However, I'm hoping that some footage from "Jump" shows up, because that's when I had my longest interactive time with Dave. Even his sister, who wasn't really near me, saw it.
      You would think thats gonna surface at some point....
      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

If there is really a DVD coming, they should call it "Van Halen live at Café WARF"!

I'm still delighted at how Dave's voice was there, Ed's smile like in the good old times,
        Wolf's new self-assurance and great playing ("Kiddo" really kicked ass and was a real
        full fourth member, I thought), and Al seemed really happy as well.

It's incredible how things got suddenly actual, after a 3-year-plus-long silence leading
        many of us to doubt, how VH has become genuinely (as it seems) tight and is having good
        times together, while we could fear the historical tensions might have resurfaced any time
        and spoiled everything in 2 minutes...
        The "wait a minute, kiddo" moment makes me shiver a bit in retrospect, as Dave had been
        talking for a while before SGMaD and Wolf may have felt a little impatient - Ed could have
        felt stung by that, who knows?

Today, the 2007-08 Tour may be seen as a kind of Van Halen, but the Band who played
        last Thursday night was Van Halen, homogeneously. And it's promising!
        Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 01-08-2012, 12:25 PM.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
          No! I've only been able to find 1 that shows the back of my head, and another that shows my forearms up in the arm, clapping at the end of a song.
          I guess that's what happens when you're 5-foot-4, have dark hair and wearing black in a dark club.
          Let's hope that shows up, boys... Rumor is GEM is quite the looker....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Let's hope that shows up, boys... Rumor is GEM is quite the looker....

Pants Off To That.
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Every day since the show (3 days now) I start my day by watching "She's The Woman" several times.

Wolfy is a MOTHERFUCKING BADASS! I will probably repeat myself on that quite a bit in the future. His tone that night was fucking awesome for a bass. Perfect definition, lotsa low end without being muddy......MUSCULAR SOUND TO THE EXTREME.....and fucking hell, he sang his backup vocals while playing some pretty complicated shit!

Me is impressed!

Man. Waiting for this album is going to be tough.

NOT ONLY THAT....why didn't they release THIS as the first single? I mean, that short snippet of Tattoo I have heard is lame compared to this! I mean, granted, I have only heard a little pinch of the song, but She's The Woman is radioactive to the extreme.....the exact sort of explosive material we have come to expect from the Mighty Van Halen.

I am sure they had their reasons....I mean, Interscope and Irving Azoff would be involved in the decision-making process of which song to release as a single.

And then.....you don't want to blow your wad up front.....you want to build and build and build and BUILD AND BUILD AND THEN....AHHHHHHHHHHH.......

Time for a hooter.... (or a cigarette).
              Last edited by Hardrock69; 01-08-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                ...Wolfy is a MOTHERFUCKING BADASS! I will probably repeat myself on that quite a bit in the future. His tone that night was fucking awesome for a bass. Perfect definition, lotsa low end without being muddy......MUSCULAR SOUND TO THE EXTREME.....and fucking hell, he sang his backup vocals while playing some pretty complicated shit! Me is impressed!
                AAAAAAgreed!!

Claiming it ain't gonna work without Mike in the band, the greatest exercise in futility at this point regarding Van Halen. 'Cause it's working alright. No worries.

Comment

• tod
                  Roadie
                  • Mar 2004

I was thinking the same thing but at the same time remembering "Kiddo" is what the farmers in Indiana call their younger buddies who help out on the farm and wind up inheriting the gun collection and most of the land. Kiddo, Wolfie, or whatever you want to call him sounds awesome with the band. In 2007, he sounded like the records..but in the Cafe Wha stuff he's bringing it heavy and I'm hoping it's the extra secret ingredient on the new album.

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                  The "wait a minute, kiddo" moment makes me shiver a bit in retrospect, as Dave had been
                  talking for a while before SGMaD and Wolf may have felt a little impatient - Ed could have
                  felt stung by that, who knows?

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Watching the intro to everybody wants some the looks and expressions between dave wolf and ed says all i need to to know about how this tour is gonna go .....smiles like those say a thousand words.
                    ITS SO FUCKING ON
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• tod
                      Roadie
                      • Mar 2004

The one thing I didn't see (from the vids cuz I totally wasn't there) was Dave giving some to Ed..you know..kinda chilling and doing some head bomping while Ed riffs on a solo. Dave is full on through the songs and you kind of want to see him pull up a chair and play spoons or something while Ed takes the lead for a few minutes.

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        Watching the intro to everybody wants some the looks and expressions between dave wolf and ed says all i need to to know about how this tour is gonna go .....smiles like those say a thousand words.
                        ITS SO FUCKING ON
                        Ed's hand has healed/recovered from his surgery, he's sober, Dave's been singing his ass of since the 07/08 tour, Wolfie has silenced the critics[or at the very least me] and Al's as rock solid as ever!

New tunes and a new tour......

Yes, it is fucking on!!!!!!!!
                        Originally posted by vandeleur
                        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Ive watched every clip I can get my hands on..I am pumped by how good they sound. These guys sound tight as ever and Wolf shreds..you cant expect the showmanship you got from 81 but the music is gonna be fantastic!!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I must admit,even though i cant stand Alex 99% of the time he was real good on the bits i have heard
                            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

My one hope for this tour is " Light up the sky".....all else is icing..

Comment

• VHscraps
                                Veteran
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Polk High
                                I'm not sure if this question has been asked but was there a film crew there? After watching the videos they kick ass but it's like piecing together a crime scene you have to listen to video A for the guitar and drums, video B for the bass and vocals, and video C for the drunk kid who keeps turning the camera on himself to say Panama. I'd love to know if there was a professional crew there or maybe the ones that were supposed to stream it on the web.
                                I was damn sure I read on VHND on Thurs night that the band had three cameras filming the event ... but can't find it now on the News Desk
                                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...