X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    Every day since the show (3 days now) I start my day by watching "She's The Woman" several times.

Wolfy is a MOTHERFUCKING BADASS! I will probably repeat myself on that quite a bit in the future. His tone that night was fucking awesome for a bass. Perfect definition, lotsa low end without being muddy......MUSCULAR SOUND TO THE EXTREME.....and fucking hell, he sang his backup vocals while playing some pretty complicated shit!

Me is impressed!

Man. Waiting for this album is going to be tough.

NOT ONLY THAT....why didn't they release THIS as the first single? I mean, that short snippet of Tattoo I have heard is lame compared to this! I mean, granted, I have only heard a little pinch of the song, but She's The Woman is radioactive to the extreme.....the exact sort of explosive material we have come to expect from the Mighty Van Halen.

I am sure they had their reasons....I mean, Interscope and Irving Azoff would be involved in the decision-making process of which song to release as a single.

And then.....you don't want to blow your wad up front.....you want to build and build and build and BUILD AND BUILD AND THEN....AHHHHHHHHHHH.......

Time for a hooter.... (or a cigarette).
    Same here...fuck I do not want too many recycled crap...but hell that tune live has such energy.

Roth On!
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• chi-town324
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Fairwrning
      My one hope for this tour is " Light up the sky".....all else is icing..
      me too bro..my favorite song !!

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Hardrock69
        Every day since the show (3 days now) I start my day by watching "She's The Woman" several times.

Wolfy is a MOTHERFUCKING BADASS! I will probably repeat myself on that quite a bit in the future. His tone that night was fucking awesome for a bass. Perfect definition, lotsa low end without being muddy......MUSCULAR SOUND TO THE EXTREME.....and fucking hell, he sang his backup vocals while playing some pretty complicated shit!
        I agree with this 100%.. This isn't a nervous 16/17-year old anymore... his playing was muscular and air-tight... VERY impressive...
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VHscraps
          I was damn sure I read on VHND on Thurs night that the band had three cameras filming the event ... but can't find it now on the News Desk
          That's cause you read it here.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...est-in-VH-Land.....

Here's The Latest in VH Land.....

Just had a great conversation with our DDE contact....

Here's how fucking surreal this has been for me... I call her, we're talking for a few minutes, and then she tells me she has to hang up, Dave is calling !! She called back, talked a while more, she's been up all night editing video...

Met both WARF and GreenEyedMurder at the show... Hilarious describing how pumped WARF was !!

The band is still in NYC, although some are leaving today... Dave is leaving tomorrow...

MUCH more video to come... The band had 3 cameras there, they're in the process of converting it all, so get ready for that...

They also taped the soundcheck, and a session at S.I.R. studios.....

That's it for now....

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
              Head Fluffer
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Full Bug
              You would think thats gonna surface at some point....
              I hope so (even though I fear that I'm going to look like a total idiot), but I wonder why there doesn't seem to be any "Jump" clips on YouTube. Maybe everyone's phone batteries were running down by then.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                Head Fluffer
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                If there is really a DVD coming, they should call it "Van Halen live at Café WARF"!

I'm still delighted at how Dave's voice was there, Ed's smile like in the good old times,
                Wolf's new self-assurance and great playing ("Kiddo" really kicked ass and was a real
                full fourth member, I thought), and Al seemed really happy as well.

It's incredible how things got suddenly actual, after a 3-year-plus-long silence leading
                many of us to doubt, how VH has become genuinely (as it seems) tight and is having good
                times together, while we could fear the historical tensions might have resurfaced any time
                and spoiled everything in 2 minutes...
                The "wait a minute, kiddo" moment makes me shiver a bit in retrospect, as Dave had been
                talking for a while before SGMaD and Wolf may have felt a little impatient - Ed could have
                felt stung by that, who knows?

Today, the 2007-08 Tour may be seen as a kind of Van Halen, but the Band who played
                last Thursday night was Van Halen, homogeneously. And it's promising!
                I didn't feel any tension. This is my video of that and go to the 3:12 mark to make up your own mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnTr1ysXAKM

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Let's hope that shows up, boys... Rumor is GEM is quite the looker....

LOL - thanks!

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by kwame k
                    Ed's hand has healed/recovered from his surgery, he's sober, Dave's been singing his ass of since the 07/08 tour, Wolfie has silenced the critics[or at the very least me] and Al's as rock solid as ever!

New tunes and a new tour......

Yes, it is fucking on!!!!!!!!
                    They all appeared to be happy, healthy and just having a great time.

Comment

• lesfunk
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

hey now...
                      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                        They all appeared to be happy, healthy and just having a great time.
                        Yep, it showed!

Don't worry about looking like a dork, either........look at all of us
                        Originally posted by vandeleur
                        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by kwame k
                          Yep, it showed!

Don't worry about looking like a dork, either........look at all of us
                          I was just SO stunned when he grabbed my hand. Then, I assumed he was just going to give it a quick squeeze and then let go, but he held on. I was giggling and looking over at James (from Links, who was right next to me) and then when I turned back to Dave, he was grinning at me while still holding my hand and sort of stroking the top of it with his thumb. Now, you have to realize that *many* years ago, when I was a teenager, I had a HUGE crush on him and sometimes liked to imagine just such a moment. So, if footage of that ever shows up, I expect that I'm going to look incredibly goofy. (I also don't photograph well -- the pic with my byline is the best one of me in 40 years http://preview.tinyurl.com/747qtbg)
                          Last edited by GreenEyedMurder; 01-08-2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• mdk1967
                            Roadie
                            • Feb 2004

I hope so (even though I fear that I'm going to look like a total idiot), but I wonder why there doesn't seem to be any "Jump" clips on YouTube. Maybe everyone's phone batteries were running down by then.
                            I found one and downloaded it but can't find it again on Youtube. All it was called was "Jump". I'm reuploading it to my channel as we speak - link is on the way.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

I was just SO stunned when he grabbed my hand. Then, I assumed he was just going to give it a quick squeeze and then let go, but he held on. I was giggling and looking over at James (from Links, who was right next to me) and then when I turned back to Dave, he was grinning at me while still holding my hand and sort of stroking the top of it with his thumb. Now, you have to realize that *many* years ago, when I was a teenager, I had a HUGE crush on him and sometimes liked to imagine just such a moment. So, if footage of that ever shows up, I expect that I'm going to look incredibly goofy. (I also don't photograph well -- the pic with my byline is the best one of me in 40 years http://preview.tinyurl.com/747qtbg)
                              So basically Dave was hitting on you......man, I'd love to see that footage!

Relax........you're a hottie, BTW
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mdk1967
                                I found one and downloaded it but can't find it again on Youtube. All it was called was "Jump". I'm reuploading it to my channel as we speak - link is on the way.
                                Thanks! I want to see it, but I'm also incredibly nervous.

Comment

Working...