X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twobad
    Groupie
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by gbranton
    The thing I want to know about New Orleans is where to meet up?
    I've got a party of 8 going from Pascagoula staying at the Holiday Inn, French Quarter on Royal St. Being New Orleans, it should be somewhere on Bourbon St or in the quarter. Pat O'Brien's is a perennial tourist favorite and the Hurricanes actually do pack a bit of a punch. Unless somebody says different, Pat O's should work!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Bourbon St or the Quarter ??

You should be a tour guide...

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I am officially attending this show. I'll be in town on the 24 and probably staying through the 27th...
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• twobad
          Groupie
          • Jan 2012

Pat O's is not ON Bourbon St, it's just off. Had I said Pat O's on Bourbon, that's what you would have told me. Actually, in retrospect, Pat O's does have a courtyard entrance on Bourbon now that I think again. Only been down there the one time since they added it. I was actually trying to be helpful and answer another members question. Methinks your gun is full of blanks!

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

OK, ya'll realize that Bourbon Street is a little haul from the venue and there's no place to park unless you are staying down there somewhere. I think it would be cool to meet somewhere within walking distance of the venue. I'll probably be staying at the other Holiday Inn, on Loyola Avenue. It's way, WAY closer to the arena, it's within walking distance. But I think there is a place near the Superdome, in the shopping mall type place, if I remember correctly.
            Last edited by gbranton; 03-25-2012, 12:44 AM.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Whatever you do, pick ONE place and make a reservation for Happy hour - hopefully they do such a thing - just make sure people have a very CLEAR direction of where they are going - it's way too easy to miss people if you don't. We went to Boston with a load of people set to meet in one place and it was impossible without reservations. Shirts alone won't do it. Please don't miss out on the opportunity to meet other Army people. You'll be sorry if you don't make the effort.

Really. Shoes.

Oh dear.

Comment

• twobad
                Groupie
                • Jan 2012

Ticketmaster has GREAT seats on the floor, section B, (Eddies side) available as of 10am 06/20/12. In addition to my club level seats I bought 30 seconds after they went on sale months ago, I scored two 3rd row seats yesterday (released unsold VIP seats??) at the regular price level and today there are row 5 seats 17 and 18 available. Go get em' guys. Roth on!

Comment

• twobad
                  Groupie
                  • Jan 2012

yeah, I'd have to say they are releasing unsold VIP...
                  from livenation.com VIP Package

One reserved ticket in rows 2-15
                  Backstage tour
                  Pre-show party
                  Early entrance into the venue
                  Van Halen VIP commemorative laminate
                  Exclusive Van Halen gift bag
                  Commemorative VIP ticket
                  Crowd-free merchandise shopping
                  On-site VIP Host

Tour Package

One reserved ticket in the first 20 rows
                  Exclusive Van Halen gift
                  Commemorative VIP ticket
                  On-site VIP Host

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

Damn, I should have just waited. If the Birmingham, AL show ever comes to fruition I may try this strategy.

ONE WEEK! ONE FUCKING WEEK!!!
                    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twobad
                      Groupie
                      • Jan 2012

double DAMN! These seats are even better than the ones I got yesterday!

Section
                      FLR B
                      Row
                      Seats
                      6 - 5
                      Description
                      Price Level 1
                      Main Floor (Not Elevated)
                      Type
                      Full Price Tickets
                      Price
                      US $162.70 x 2
                      Price Details
                      SUBTOTAL*
                      US $325.40

Comment

• bantonelli
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

What's up with Nawlins'? Why isn't this show sold out? I wish I had the $ - I'd fly out for it.
                        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• twobad
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2012

Having purchased 4 tickets, I feel I've done my part. Wish I could have caught some other shows and that NOLA wasn't the end of the tour (as we know it at this point!) I've been nervous that the tour might not hold together until 6/26 and hearing of the postponements I freaked out. Was VERY relieved that it was 2nd leg only and that NOLA is still on. CAN'T BELIEVE I'm in 3rd row, Ed's side. Felt lucky to get my brother 25th row on Wolf's side the day they went on sale. I'm taking a party of 12 to the show so South Mississippi is representing! I too, wish it was a sell out. This "may" be your last chance to see them live so grab a Southwest ticket and come to the big easy, Bantonelli! I'll buy you a beer or 3!

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

I'm not going to be at the place we usually stay, we are staying at the Le Pavilion on Poydras. It is supposed to be the most haunted hotel in New Orleans......THANKS Hotels.com.

Comment

• twobad
                              Groupie
                              • Jan 2012

Make sure you check out the chandeliers in the grand lobby- I think they may have been smuggled out of Czechoslovakia during WW II- I remember them as being impressive. Last time I stayed there was 1990 ish... Late sleepers had no hot water to shower with in the morning- ask when you check in if they have corrected that because as much as I hate hot beer, it is preferable to cold New Orleans tap water... other than that, I remember it being a pretty damn nice place- you could have done MUCH worse!

Comment

• gbranton
                                Veteran
                                • Aug 2005

I'll be happy as long as nobody gets bedbugs, robbed or sodomized by a haint.

Comment

Working...