X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by gene
    Wasn't Van Halen one of the frist bands to get one million dollars for one show? When one million was alot of money back in 1983.

US Fest 1983 was I believe $1.5 million. They became the highest paid band ever for a show. And I think half of it went to whiskey that Dave drank that night.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
      Veteran
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
      US Fest 1983 was I believe $1.5 million. They became the highest paid band ever for a show. And I think half of it went to whiskey that Dave drank that night.
      Correct Sadist....I googled this shit for post #119 about the US Festival
      Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

can you imagine looking out at a sea of 1/3 million people staring at you? Damn. And I got dry mouth when I had to give a report at the front of my class of 27 people.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
          can you imagine looking out at a sea of 1/3 million people staring at you? Damn. And I got dry mouth when I had to give a report at the front of my class of 27 people.
          Can you imagine the energy you would feel coming from that 1/3 million? WOW!!! You have no other choice but to give the most energetic performance of your life in an atmosphere like that.

Man, it would be fucking AWESOME!!!
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

This is what I have to say to the Black Keys punk:

@patrickcarney VH isn't retarded for having @WolfVanHalen. You are for not knowing he's the reason we have new tunes/tour #nowwhostheretard?
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Angel
              Can you imagine the energy you would feel coming from that 1/3 million? WOW!!! You have no other choice but to give the most energetic performance of your life in an atmosphere like that.

Man, it would be fucking AWESOME!!!
              Yeah, you could belt out "beats workin' - startin' on my empathy" at the top of your sexually confused lungs...

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Yeah, you could belt out "beats workin' - startin' on my empathy" at the top of your sexually confused lungs...

Download a sound editing program, separate the vocals and listen...

The place would be empty in 2 seconds if I started to sing...I'm as flat as an ironing board when it comes to singing. I'm an actor, not a singer...

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Download a sound editing program, separate the vocals and listen...

I don't need a sound editing program to hear "startin' up all in my feet."

I'm an actor, not a singer...

What restaurant do you work, I meant act at ??

BTW, it's been my observation that the best actors are the well rounded type who can do it all. Sing, dance, act, and be funny...

Comment

• perrin29
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2012

Just came across this video from the other night. Al is not looking too happy in the intro. Looks like he is saying "what an asshole".

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      Hell, you can't even quote properly.

I don't work at a restaurant, I attend university full-time, and have a cpl part-time jobs + what I pick up in film.

As for funny, I don't think I am, but my directors and fans always disagree with me, so I guess I must be funny in somebody's eyes.

Comment

• So this is love
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by perrin29
                        Just came across this video from the other night. Al is not looking too happy in the intro. Looks like he is saying "what an asshole".
                        Thanks for pointing this out...and who would be the asshole?
                        Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

.I'm as flat as an ironing board when it comes to singing.

I knew an Asian girl with a face so flat she could bite a wall.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2012

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2012

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2012

Comment

Working...