In touch w/ feminine side
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 08:35 PM
    Sometimes I get the menstrual cramps real hard
    Status
    Thanks

I will be there with my entourage. Hoping to see Dloc and Nate...as well as the rest of you fine, fine peeps.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-20-2023 @ 05:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    That's a bummer, but I totally hear ya. Not in a so terribly different position myself - but I guess that's why man invented plastic. Your Heartland =VH= brethren will be sure to represent for you on 5/19!

Thanks
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-06-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    I will be there with my entourage. Hoping to see Dloc and Nate...as well as the rest of you fine, fine peeps.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Did northern girl move south or what ?

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-13-2012 @ 09:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm going to the St. Paul Show!!

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

V minus 54 days and counting...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

One week away !! Sweet.

8. Thanked 78/84 guy for this KICKASS post:

Zing! (05-13-2012)

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    One week away !! Sweet.
    Oh yeah - the countdown begins for reals now!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-13-2020 @ 09:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Any word from DDE?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whorehey View Post
    Any word from DDE?
    On what?

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whorehey View Post
    Any word from DDE?
    Nothing yet, W. Although I'm not camped out by the phone, waiting for it to ring, either - so, who knows - maybe I missed DDE's call.

Or maybe Dave called personally and I was taking a shit. Either way, they didn't leave a message.

13. Thanked Zing! for this KICKASS post:

Fairwrning (05-14-2012)

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You should add to your answering machine..." If you are associated with Van Halen in any way, please yell into phone and hold for 1 minute"..

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh yeah - Milwaukee on 9/25! And tickets on sale the day after the St. Paul show! Anybody planning on catching both shows?

Damn... I'm going to be in debt up to my nuts with the wifey after this weekend.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    07-31-2012 @ 04:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Attending the St Paul show with Melodic Rock Concerts. Hoping to land good tix at the event.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You can bet your ass I'm a cardinal that I'll be getting a first-hand look-see if the boys are getting along or not.

Fuck Rolling Stone and their make-believe 'reporting' - no wonder the band passed on that rag...

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've never wanted to go to the cities so much in my life.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-23-2015 @ 07:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You can bet your ass I'm a cardinal that I'll be getting a first-hand look-see if the boys are getting along or not.

Fuck Rolling Stone and their make-believe 'reporting' - no wonder the band passed on that rag...
    Looking forward to hearing about what you see! Have a killer time Zing!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-28-2020 @ 03:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Awesome have a blast! I guess you have a couple of new questions to add to your interview?!

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I promised to be non-confrontational in my interview - but given recent events, I think even Dave can see the relevance in the 'WTF' line of questioning. It's not like he's never been in the hot seat before - he can cope with a little grilling from people who legitimately want to know (as opposed to MTV, Rolling Stone, etc., etc...)

Still waiting for the phone to ring, goddamnit.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I promised to be non-confrontational in my interview - but given recent events, I think even Dave can see the relevance in the 'WTF' line of questioning. It's not like he's never been in the hot seat before - he can cope with a little grilling from people who legitimately want to know (as opposed to MTV, Rolling Stone, etc., etc...)

Still waiting for the phone to ring, goddamnit.
    Maybe you should send Kody a tweet!

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Momshell View Post
    Maybe you should send Kody a tweet!
    I would if I didn't think Rolling Stone had already tried that angle...

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Whaddaya say, DDE? Can you spare a half an hour with The Man?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fools, I Live With Fools
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2015 @ 05:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Whaddaya say, DDE? Can you spare a half an hour with The Man?

26. Thanked NIN1211 for this KICKASS post:

Zing! (05-18-2012)

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It’s a rock and roll kind of day.

Those who remember reading my album review for Van Halen’s most recent effot, ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ will recall my definition of a rock and roll kind of day. A rock and roll kind of day is when you wake up and EVERYTHING somehow relates to Van Halen. These are special days indeed – reserved for those monumental occasions that for time out of mind were few and far between with our favorite band (and even those sometimes ended in heartbreak). But I choose to focus on The Now – with Van Halen, it pays to appreciate what you have, while you have it, such as David Lee Roth reentering the VH fold in 2007; a highly successful reunion tour; years later a new single being released. Then we had tons of teasers followed by the first Van Halen album in nearly 30 years – plus unprecedented access to the band via video diaries, interviews, and more. And The Now: Van Halen playing in my proverbial back yard. Strike that. These are not mere occasions. These are historic EVENTS; defining moments in our lives that remind us what it’s like to truly be alive and at least still trying to kick ass four decades on.

Yes, indeed, folks – it’s a rock and roll kind of day. How do I know it’s a rock and roll kind of day? Well, a rock and roll kind of day is when you wake up and say: “I’m going to see Van Halen tonight!” and realize that you will actually be in the same room with the Toastmaster General, David Lee Roth, the king of six strings and ten fingers, Eddie Van Halen, his progeny, Wolfie, and big brother, Al. It’s when you dig out your old VH concert t-shirt and ticket stubs that you keep in the cedar chest at the foot of the bed (and they SMELL like cedar now, which adds to the charm), throw all seven Van Halen albums in the gassed and waxed mini-van (plus a couple extra bootlegs for good measure), double check that you have your tickets in the pocket of your favorite pair of rock and roll jeans (the ones with the knees blown out and indecent gaps in the ass), and hit the ground running wearing your outdated (but still cool) mirrored shades that your wife makes fun of, and head to the show of shows.

Ladies and gentleman – I know it’s a rock and roll kind of day because Van Halen is my desktop pattern. It’s my iPhone wallpaper. It’s the color of the shoes on my feet and the protective case of my phone. It’s on the wall of my garage and in the Frankenburger on my kitchen counter top. It’s my ring-tone. It’s my web browser. It’s on the radio. It’s on the TV. It’s worn proudly on my chest for all to see. And yes – bear with me as I get a bit mawkish and overly sentimental - it’s in my blood and it’s most definitely in my soul. No other band can arouse this kind of youthful belligerence. No other concert can bring to life that rebellious teenage ego that lies dormant for years on end – slowly losing energy, identity, and purpose as the toils of grown-up life wilt it and sap it of its youthful beauty and strength, insisting that we grow up, goddamnit, and act our age.

Van Halen nourishes and renews that teenager – and every time he blooms again, I think it just might be the last; for he seems to get harder and harder to remember with each passing year. But one Van Halen concert is all it takes to reacquaint me with my true self. I’ve bloomed again, maybe for the last time – who knows? But for one brief night I’m a teen again. I’m young and wild, loud and obnoxious (I pity those with seats next to mine.) It’s a rock and roll kind of day, and I thank the universal deity of your choosing for that. Without Van Halen, I might forget forever the fearless, wise-ass kid I used to be. Without Van Halen, I might drift away into the ether of corporate America dominated by greed and money and stress and responsibility. The hair may be gray, the joints may constantly ache – but the heart is forever young when Van Halen takes the stage.

Soon this rock and roll kind of day will turn into a rock and roll night (you know: the kind of night where you have to make bail for half your road crew!), and no words can adequately express my joy. I feel compelled to thank Dave, Wolf, Ed, and Al without even hearing a single note played – which seems absurd, but that’s the power of their music, the magic of their collective presence in the same room, on the same stage. Tonight is my night to bloom again – just as it was the night for all the other lucky souls who have caught previous shows on this tour, and for those attending tonight’s show in St. Paul, MN with me. For a couple of brief, glorious hours, we will be young again.

In the liner notes of ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ Dave says: “Thanks for the dream.” I think that pretty much says it all. Let me reciprocate, if I may. Thank you Van Halen – thanks for living the dream. Because in doing so you have demonstrated unequivocally that dreams do come true, and that as long as your music plays, we just may never have to grow up and act our age!

Here’s to a rock and roll kind of night with the mighty VAN HALEN!

Stay frosty.

28. 9 users say thank you to Zing! for this KICKASS post:

atomicpnk47 (05-19-2012),BenJammin (05-19-2012),damngoodtimes (05-19-2012),DlocRoth (05-19-2012),DONNIEP (05-19-2012),Momshell (05-19-2012),NIN1211 (05-19-2012),TwoFoolsAMinute (05-19-2012),vandeleur (05-19-2012)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Those who remember reading my album review for Van Halen’s most recent effot, ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ will recall my definition of a rock and roll kind of day. A rock and roll kind of day is when you wake up and EVERYTHING somehow relates to Van Halen. These are special days indeed – reserved for those monumental occasions that for time out of mind were few and far between with our favorite band (and even those sometimes ended in heartbreak). But I choose to focus on The Now – with Van Halen, it pays to appreciate what you have, while you have it, such as David Lee Roth reentering the VH fold in 2007; a highly successful reunion tour; years later a new single being released. Then we had tons of teasers followed by the first Van Halen album in nearly 30 years – plus unprecedented access to the band via video diaries, interviews, and more. And The Now: Van Halen playing in my proverbial back yard. Strike that. These are not mere occasions. These are historic EVENTS; defining moments in our lives that remind us what it’s like to truly be alive and at least still trying to kick ass four decades on.

Yes, indeed, folks – it’s a rock and roll kind of day. How do I know it’s a rock and roll kind of day? Well, a rock and roll kind of day is when you wake up and say: “I’m going to see Van Halen tonight!” and realize that you will actually be in the same room with the Toastmaster General, David Lee Roth, the king of six strings and ten fingers, Eddie Van Halen, his progeny, Wolfie, and big brother, Al. It’s when you dig out your old VH concert t-shirt and ticket stubs that you keep in the cedar chest at the foot of the bed (and they SMELL like cedar now, which adds to the charm), throw all seven Van Halen albums in the gassed and waxed mini-van (plus a couple extra bootlegs for good measure), double check that you have your tickets in the pocket of your favorite pair of rock and roll jeans (the ones with the knees blown out and indecent gaps in the ass), and hit the ground running wearing your outdated (but still cool) mirrored shades that your wife makes fun of, and head to the show of shows.

Ladies and gentleman – I know it’s a rock and roll kind of day because Van Halen is my desktop pattern. It’s my iPhone wallpaper. It’s the color of the shoes on my feet and the protective case of my phone. It’s on the wall of my garage and in the Frankenburger on my kitchen counter top. It’s my ring-tone. It’s my web browser. It’s on the radio. It’s on the TV. It’s worn proudly on my chest for all to see. And yes – bear with me as I get a bit mawkish and overly sentimental - it’s in my blood and it’s most definitely in my soul. No other band can arouse this kind of youthful belligerence. No other concert can bring to life that rebellious teenage ego that lies dormant for years on end – slowly losing energy, identity, and purpose as the toils of grown-up life wilt it and sap it of its youthful beauty and strength, insisting that we grow up, goddamnit, and act our age.

Van Halen nourishes and renews that teenager – and every time he blooms again, I think it just might be the last; for he seems to get harder and harder to remember with each passing year. But one Van Halen concert is all it takes to reacquaint me with my true self. I’ve bloomed again, maybe for the last time – who knows? But for one brief night I’m a teen again. I’m young and wild, loud and obnoxious (I pity those with seats next to mine.) It’s a rock and roll kind of day, and I thank the universal deity of your choosing for that. Without Van Halen, I might forget forever the fearless, wise-ass kid I used to be. Without Van Halen, I might drift away into the ether of corporate America dominated by greed and money and stress and responsibility. The hair may be gray, the joints may constantly ache – but the heart is forever young when Van Halen takes the stage.

Soon this rock and roll kind of day will turn into a rock and roll night (you know: the kind of night where you have to make bail for half your road crew!), and no words can adequately express my joy. I feel compelled to thank Dave, Wolf, Ed, and Al without even hearing a single note played – which seems absurd, but that’s the power of their music, the magic of their collective presence in the same room, on the same stage. Tonight is my night to bloom again – just as it was the night for all the other lucky souls who have caught previous shows on this tour, and for those attending tonight’s show in St. Paul, MN with me. For a couple of brief, glorious hours, we will be young again.

In the liner notes of ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ Dave says: “Thanks for the dream.” I think that pretty much says it all. Let me reciprocate, if I may. Thank you Van Halen – thanks for living the dream. Because in doing so you have demonstrated unequivocally that dreams do come true, and that as long as your music plays, we just may never have to grow up and act our age!

Stay frosty.
    WOW Zing - amazing read! I think you've found the words to capture what the majority of us here at the Army feel. I hope the DDE people see this - you are certainly more than worthy of an interview after a post like that!! Thanks!!

30. 2 users say thank you to Momshell for this KICKASS post:

TJMKID (05-19-2012),Zing! (05-20-2012)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Stay frosty.
    Zing, my friend, you sir definitely get it!!! When VH hit the stage here last month, when they walked out on stage, I got all choked up, eyes got all misty, and then it was like being shot out of a cannon! Ain't nothing on earth better than a Van Halen show...

32. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Zing! (05-20-2012)

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jeez, why don't you rub it in, Zing?

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Zing, my friend, you sir definitely get it!!! When VH hit the stage here last month, when they walked out on stage, I got all choked up, eyes got all misty, and then it was like being shot out of a cannon! Ain't nothing on earth better than a Van Halen show...

Happened to me in 2007. The first notes of Ed's guitar & seeing Dave above waving the red flag....tears.

I was a Roth Halen fan long before. Hardcore. My friends don't quite get it. Sure they dig the band, but not at the same levels. Family doesn't get it. I thought maybe I was the only one. Then I found this site.

Ahhhh.....people who get it!

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So where are you animals meeting up beforehand?!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Where are your seats Dloc...not that you will be using them much

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DlocRoth View Post
    So where are you animals meeting up beforehand?!
    I will be down at Tom Rieds about 5:00 or so. But if it's raining hard then the Eagles will do on the corner. Blue San Diego tee & jeans ! Slightly gray hair. He He ! come on down ! I see northern girl hasn't posted since Feb. Hope nothing bad has happened to her. She was always on here ! I think I have row 22 or something. Ed throw me a pick ! Rock n' Roll !! Oh. Mean Street ! Mean Street ! Please ! I don't get why they dropped it.
    Last edited by 78/84 guy; 05-19-2012 at 01:25 PM.

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    Where are your seats Dloc...not that you will be using them much
    1st deck on Ed's side... Section 103 I believe....

And you got that right. No sitting allowed!

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    I will be down at Tom Rieds about 5:00 or so. But if it's raining hard then the Eagles will do on the corner. Blue San Diego tee & jeans ! Slightly gray hair. He He ! come on down ! I see northern girl hasn't posted since Feb. Hope nothing bad has happened to her. She was always on here ! I think I have row 22 or something. Ed throw me a pick ! Rock n' Roll !! Oh. Mean Street ! Mean Street ! Please ! I don't get why they dropped it.
    Sounds good.. I will try to make it for sure..

Yo NATE and MUNSON!!!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2013 @ 11:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I doubt DLR will say anything about the postponements and the state of the band, but please let us know if he does. Imagine the raucous applause if he said, "Don't believe what you read on the internet; we are a band and we're not going anywhere."

Anyway have a great time tonight. After family and friends, it simply does not get better than VH on a Saturday night

41. 3 users say thank you to loucap81 for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (05-19-2012),mh5150 (05-19-2012),Noodles (05-19-2012)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loucap81 View Post
    I doubt DLR will say anything about the postponements and the state of the band, but please let us know if he does. Imagine the raucous applause if he said, "Don't believe what you read on the internet; we are a band and we're not going anywhere."

:
    I think he will say something

43. Thanked Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

vaijuju (05-19-2012)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Have a good one people

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    08-21-2021 @ 07:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Stay frosty.
    I dont post often, alright very rarely, but this post says it all!

46. 5 users say thank you to rothschild for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (05-19-2012),SNIPER (05-19-2012),SunisinuS (05-19-2012),TJMKID (05-19-2012),Zing! (05-20-2012)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've got one foot out the door !! Full report in the............... Well maybe tonight. If I make it home. Roth on !!!!!

48. 2 users say thank you to 78/84 guy for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (05-19-2012),Zing! (05-19-2012)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Have a blast! We'll be anxiously waiting for every little detail!!

Hope it stays quiet at work tonight and my shitty BB doesn't freeze again. Been freezing all day. I just hope its not the tapatalk doing it...

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Checking in - pints at the Eagle...

Thread Information