Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official 5/9 Calgary Meetup/Review Thread

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    These cumstain reviewers are becoming increasingly douchey the further they venture into Canada!

It's 2012, dipshits ---- how in the hell can Dave perform like it's still 1982?

Outside of Toronto and Montreal ---- I doubt VH will ever tour in that miserable country again. Go somewhere like Australia where they are still appreciated and loved.

Dude, a couple of douchebag reviewers shouldn't define a country cause the States has its fair share. Canada is far from a miserable country. That statement is way off the mark.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've made four trips to Canada (three of them VH-related). I don't know that I have much of an informed opinion having gone up and down the QEW corridor for three of them and Montreal once, but it was nothing but fun times.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    The Herald has never given good reviews. I used to read them and wonder why the reviewer wasn't at the same show I was. Hell, when my parents forced me to go with them to see Andy Williams with Buddy Rich opening, the Herald reviewer said Rich couldn't keep time....

It's critic douchebags like this cumstain at the Herald that makes me think the Unabomber was performing a valuable service to society

But for real ---- to say Dave "wasn't funny, wasn't likable, wasn't a showman, and wasn't Sammy" ---- was he in the restroom the whole time diddling his asshole and sucking his own cock ??

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by perrin29 View Post
    Dude, a couple of douchebag reviewers shouldn't define a country cause the States has its fair share. Canada is far from a miserable country. That statement is way off the mark.

Well I suppose the States has it's fair share of cumstain critics as well ---- but none of them has written that Dave "wasn't funny, wasn't likable, wasn't a showman, and wasn't even Sammy".

This shit bird deliberately created his own fixed delusion apart from what 9,000 other people saw on that stage ---- namely, a legendary rock frontman doing a great job that most other 57 yr. old guys can't do !!

So basically ---- this Herald writer was being paid to LIE.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    Bro..........Canada IS NOT A MISERABLE country.

If I lived anywhere near Calgary and got exposed daily to journalistic garbage and lies like this Mike Bell jizz stain spews ---- I'd feel quite miserable!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by loucap81 View Post
    Montreal didn't sell well either. From reading the posts at the Links it sold between 9,000-10,000 with a capacity of 15,000. Now from being there I can tell you Toronto was absolutely a sellout. From what I've read, Vancouver had good but not great attendance (around 80% capacity). It'll be interesting to see how London, Ontario does. But this isn't a problem with Canada, it's a problem with legacy acts in general especially with ticket prices as high as these. There are only a handful of legacy acts that sell out no matter what. I'm not surprised by this, especially for shows not taking place on a Friday or Saturday.

Seems to me they are over-booking the tour with some of these added dates. I mean London, Ontario? That place is out in the middle of nowhere and it's 2 hrs. from Detroit, Toronto, Buffalo, and Toledo which VH has played 5 times collectively by that date.

I'm guessing it's the greed of Irving Azoff or perhaps the twins behind this. If Dave is upset about it, he has a valid argument. No one seems to have sympathy for his vocal cords --- sure is a lot easier to plink-plink-plink on guitar strings at 57 yrs. of age than rip assing your pipes for 7 months straight. But then everyone wants to blame a bad show on Dave, right?

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If I lived anywhere near Calgary and got exposed daily to journalistic garbage and lies like this Mike Bell jizz stain spews ---- I'd feel quite miserable!

Only if you actually read the fucking things...and as the Rocky Mountains are just outside of Calgary, I highly doubt you'd be miserable. Banff is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Seems to me they are over-booking the tour with some of these added dates. I mean London, Ontario? That place is out in the middle of nowhere and it's 2 hrs. from Detroit, Toronto, Buffalo, and Toledo which VH has played 5 times collectively by that date.

I'm guessing it's the greed of Irving Azoff or perhaps the twins behind this. If Dave is upset about it, he has a valid argument. No one seems to have sympathy for his vocal cords --- sure is a lot easier to plink-plink-plink on guitar strings at 57 yrs. of age than rip assing your pipes for 7 months straight. But then everyone wants to blame a bad show on Dave, right?

A lot of bands seem to go to London, ON nowadays either on second legs or initial tour. Hamilton used to be the secondary stop but now they go for London. A lot of promoters miss the boat with shows in Canada where they go for the roads most traveled (Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnepeg, Toronto, Montreal) and they skip over the Maritimes (Halifax, Moncton) where large shows always do well.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well I suppose the States has it's fair share of cumstain critics as well ---- but none of them has written that Dave "wasn't funny, wasn't likable, wasn't a showman, and wasn't even Sammy".

This shit bird deliberately created his own fixed delusion apart from what 9,000 other people saw on that stage ---- namely, a legendary rock frontman doing a great job that most other 57 yr. old guys can't do !!

So basically ---- this Herald writer was being paid to LIE.

Also you were raggin on STL fans about pullin in a tick under 13 thousand sayin it couldn't be the economy and that the bulk of the townspeople were Hagar sheep.......here's another example of tough times Even STL pulled 4 thousand more fans to the VH gig and gave it a good review in the paper....what's the excuse here???

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I got a message on Facebook from a guy that I went to school who was at the show last night. He didn't give it Dave a very good review either...

"thought i would give you a review of last nights show as i know you are a huge vh fan. eddie was absolutely amazing. unfortunetely, cuz, dave cant hold a note to save his life. his screeching totally ruined an absolute wonderful performance by the vh brothers, people were leaving in droves as you couldnt even understand what he was trying to sing. terrible review in calgary herald sums up the whole show. got to spend a few minutes with dave before the show, but barely enough room in the huge restaurant for dave's ego, wendy and i"

Of course, you know he's full of shit about "spending a few minutes", and note - this guy has always been a turkey. I unfriended him and blocked his girlfriend once I remembered what idiots they both were.
    Last edited by Angel; 05-10-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Should have proofed before posting.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    These cumstain reviewers are becoming increasingly douchey the further they venture into Canada!

It's 2012, dipshits ---- how in the hell can Dave perform like it's still 1982?

What's weird is I think these reviewers don't know much about classic Van Halen or have amnesia. Dave wasn't a great singer back then either. Sure he had a few great moments but mostly it was a drunken fun free-for-all party for the masses. It's the same now just minus the alcohol poisoning. Just watch the US Fest.

*And I don't mean Dave can't sing great when he puts his mind to it. But he typically reserves that for the albums that we will listen to over & over & over. When it comes to a 2 hour party he is there to make us have fun....not think "damn this guy has pipes".
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Thread Information