X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vaijuju
    Sniper
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
    First video posted on youtube from the show tonight!!! WOO HOO!
    It's a st louis vid !
    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
      Foot Soldier
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by RealTwisted
      Especially with how cold it was. It was hot as hell during the day, but by the time Van Halen came on, it was cold and windy
      Amplified by all of us being burnt in the day, the trek back over the pass to lots afterwards took a lifetime, So worth it ALL!

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
        Foot Soldier
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by redfire
        I'll post a full review later and start uploading videos... Thanks for playing along.
        Gotta give us at least one tonight, Thanks Man!!!

One more month till HelLA!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
          Veteran
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by vaijuju
          It's a st louis vid !
          Oh shit! A guy from the show tonight posted...ugh...major fuck up! SORRY ALL!!!
          Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
            Veteran
            • Mar 2012

I jumped the gun...too much excitement....sorry, I'm still a newbie here...

Comment

• SNIPER
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Way to go Light! ..Double check next time. Hehe!

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                Oh shit! A guy from the show tonight posted...ugh...major fuck up! SORRY ALL!!!
                I will have to spank you tonight for that.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by SNIPER
                  Way to go Light! ..Double check next time. Hehe!
                  Thanks for the support! Great...now I'm gonna lose all credibility on here...FUCK!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by SNIPER
                    I will have to spank you tonight for that.
                    Is that a promise or a threat??? Either way, spank away!!!

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Get A Room.
                      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• redfire
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Feb 2004

As I begin to type this review, I'm in the process of copying my videos on to my harddrive because I'm a fan of multi-tasking...

To understand what this night means to mean, you have to start at the beginning.

My brother, the House of Pain, former mod of the House of Music and Roth Romper Room here at DLRArmy, is about 8 and half years older than me. We shared a room growing up in a small town north of Tulsa. And like most brothers, we didn't always see eye to eye with each other. I'm sure I was a pain as a 5 year old, until I was 15 or so I understand why he wasn't always a fan of me. The friendship we have was birthed out of Van Halen. My brother always played Van Halen on the badass stereo he had, I mean the thing even had a record player on it and 2 tape decks for recording. How player is that? But I never really got into Van Halen until I turned 16 and started driving. I had a 1976 POS truck with a tape deck... in 1998 (I know, I was awesome.) And in trying to find music to listen to, I found a nice set of old tapes my brother owned. And I recognized Van Halen, so I took 1984 and began listening.

My brother took me under his wing in expanding my =VH= library and made me another mix tape of various Van Halen songs, and at that point I was hooked.

In 1999, I joined tha VHlinks, and eventually became the moderator of the VH Song and Album forums as a 17 year old. Also around that time, I met a couple of superfans, if you will, that eventually became like a brotherhood. Also in this time frame, we joined the Army here representing classic Van Halen. I was a mod here as well in various forums, the Rumor Mill, Song and Albums, and eventually the House of Music.

During this time, I began to collect various bootlegs from the Van Halen tours. I, having been born in 1982, was never fortunate to see Van Halen live. But I had several bootlegs. I had/have at least one from each of the first 6 tours, and plenty of demos. Napster was such a great resource back in the day... Thanks Sean whatever your name is. (Sorry, the Social Network was a little boring)

I'd obviously seen many of the videos from this current tour, and I wasn't entirely sure of what to expect. I didn't go in with low expectations. But as someone who sings and plays the guitar weekly on stage, I know it's not the easiest thing to do. And being consistenly great for 20+ songs is tough.

I know we've always said Dave is a showman. A frontman. An entertainer... let's be honest. Dave is THE entertainer. THE frontman. THE SHOWSTOPPA! THE ICON! (with appologies to Conmee) But I've never seen someone run a show like he did tonight.

That was the single greatest event I have ever been to. In part because of who Van Halen is to me. What those songs mean to me. I mean, the first 10 songs I ever learned on the guitar were Van Halen songs. And I was singing DLR and VH songs several years before I began playing.

But the amazing thing is: they were spot on tonight. I've seen Eddie not nail the Ice Cream Man solo plenty of time, but he was spot on tonight. I've heard Dave have trouble with the second half of the demanding setlist, but he had no trouble tonight during that I'll Wait, HFT, Women in Love, GGB gauntlet. Wolfgang is the man and I don't know what he's going to do in the future, but I'll be listening. He's progressed to the point that I don't need to say Michael Anthony who? Mikes irrelevant, and there is no reason to compare them anymore. Alex is still amazing. Drums pull everything together. I say that as a guitarist who's had not so great drummer in the past. But the songs fit together in no small part because of Alex.

It looks like my videos on my CPU now, but I most go to sleep since I have to be at work in 7 hours. I will make sure the audio is good, then I'll upload them to Youtube so you all too may experience a small portion of what I experienced tonight.

James out.

(I apologize in advance for spelling and syntax errors...)
                        Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• redfire
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Feb 2004

Exact set list..............

Unchained
                          Running With the Devil
                          She's the Woman
                          Romeo Delight
                          Tattoo
                          Everybody Wants Some!
                          Somebody Get me a Doctor
                          China Town
                          Hear About it Later
                          Pretty Woman
                          Drum Solo
                          You Really Got Me
                          The Trouble With Never
                          Dance the Night Away
                          I'll Wait
                          Hot for Teacher
                          Women in Love
                          Girl Gone Bad
                          Beautiful Girls
                          Ice Cream Man
                          Panama
                          Guitar Solo
                          Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
                          Jump
                          Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Apr 2005

James, that was inspirational on many levels. Cutting your teeth on the epitome of American R&R and being forever changed for it, is what its all about & the fact your love of music is driven by VH. it's great we get shows like tonight to make the decades of suffering almost tolerable. The curved years have been wiped away, we don't even have to be reminded when we are on official site's as ringed discs are not part of the catalog & the only time we're forced to recall the pain is when that Cabon rent O'vox forces delusions & abductions when allowed to rant. Your brother opened the right door for you and we are all getting more than we hoped for as you guys just soaked up the band at it's most precise peak, above even their expectations. In some ways this tour, disc, Dave being Dave and nothing to prove a'la '07/8 makes things today seem impeccable. Finally feeling content, content if touring has to end for any reason, reasonable only because ADKOT/VH 2012 is the Best VH we will ever have, hear or see.......how perfect, after decades of turbulence it's poetic justice that the future is entirely open & if it's over could not have ended on a better note. Thanks & Looking forward to your clips, will look in the morning need sleep now

Comment

• Momshell
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

Wow redfire - amazing review. Thanks for sharing your story of being inspired by the Mighty VH and of connecting with your big brother. It sounds like you've been a 'superfan' for many years and I'm really happy for you that you got to experience what sounds like a killer show last night. Thank you for sharing all of your updates with us throughout and letting us feel some of your excitement with you. Now it's time for me to search youtube! Roth On!!!
                              Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Momshell
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2012

Clip of RWTD

Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

Working...