Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

My spare ticket goes on Craigs list tomorrow. If any of the Roth Army regulars want to take advantage of it for free then it's yours. As in for fucking free, no strings attached, nothing. You show up and I'll hand it over. I'd rather give it to one of you than sell it to a stranger in front of the arena on Wednesday night. And, and, if you're within driving distance I'll even eat the fucking fee to overnight the ticket to you. Damn right, I said it and I meant it. I'll take the goddamn ticket to the post office and overnight it to you tomorrow. But I have to get it in the mail by noon and you might have to be home to sign for it - I don't know if USPS delivers if no one signs for it. So there, I'm tossing the offer out there one last time.
    Last edited by DONNIEP; 04-23-2012, 11:54 PM.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• loucap81
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2012

Believe me if I lived down there I'd be happy to take the ticket. I really don't understand why they have a four day layoff in between two cities that are so close to each other. I wonder if they were aiming to play somewhere else down there on 4/23 and it just fell through.

Comment

• Floridaman1985
        Groupie
        • May 2009

I'll be there tomorrow. My first ever Van Halen show! Any idea on when they typically do soundcheck? I work pretty close to the arena and may try to see if I can hear anything (though I doubt I will).
        "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it." - DLR

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

A mighty generous offer, D. If I lived anywhere near I would be all over it. Hope someone around here is able to use it - VH is on a roll!
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
            A mighty generous offer, D. If I lived anywhere near I would be all over it. Hope someone around here is able to use it - VH is on a roll!
            Yeah, I really want to hook up one of the members here. If I don't get any takers I'll probably just sell it in front of the venue. I just wish I was close enough to the stage that I could throw one of my Roth Army shirts up to Dave!

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Less than 24 hours until Van Halen hits the stage in Charlotte. My daughter was supposed to stay the night tomorrow with the neighbor (her best friend). Well, guess what??? The motherfucking goddamn shit just fell through. I knew this was gonna happen. But it's cool, 'cause I just made my daughter's day - she's going with me! I should have just said fuck school from the beginning and got her a ticket to start with. God help her, 'cause she's gonna see her dad go absolutely fucking apeshit tomorrow nite!!!

Comment

• Momshell
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                Less than 24 hours until Van Halen hits the stage in Charlotte. My daughter was supposed to stay the night tomorrow with the neighbor (her best friend). Well, guess what??? The motherfucking goddamn shit just fell through. I knew this was gonna happen. But it's cool, 'cause I just made my daughter's day - she's going with me! I should have just said fuck school from the beginning and got her a ticket to start with. God help her, 'cause she's gonna see her dad go absolutely fucking apeshit tomorrow nite!!!
                That's awesome! How old is she? Is she into VH?
                Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2012

You should of listened to the person who is getting the "Mom of the Year Award!!" LOL! Lucky girl and I bet in her eyes, you are the coolest dad EVER!!!
                  Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

She's 11 and yeah, she digs Van Halen. She's more into Dave though - go figure It's gonna be an experience for her, that's for sure! Too damn bad I don't have small Roth Army shirt for her to wear!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                      You should of listened to the person who is getting the "Mom of the Year Award!!" LOL! Lucky girl and I bet in her eyes, you are the coolest dad EVER!!!
                      You're absolutely right - I should have listened to you!!!

Comment

• Momshell
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

She's more into Dave though - go figure
                        That's weird! LOL!!
                        Watch out - you might have a mini-momshell on your hands!
                        Stay Frosty!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2012

She's 11 and yeah, she digs Van Halen. She's more into Dave though - go figure It's gonna be an experience for her, that's for sure! Too damn bad I don't have small Roth Army shirt for her to wear!
                          Oh No! You have a little "Momshell" on your hands! LOL! My 11 year old would be thrilled to go...not for Dave, but "Dance The Night Away" and "Big River"...My 14 year old would probably be babe scoping...ugh...and the 8 year old would be singing along with every word to "Blood and Fire"...

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Momshell
                            That's weird! LOL!!
                            Watch out - you might have a mini-momshell on your hands!
                            Jeez Momshell...you and I must be telepathic :-)

Comment

• SNIPER
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Its amazing how the kids just know all the lyrics. Just blows me away.

Comment

• Momshell
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                                Jeez Momshell...you and I must be telepathic :-)
                                Wow - this is getting scary!!
                                Stay Frosty!

Comment

Working...