X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Official 4/21 Greensboro Meetup/Review Thread

Welcome to the Official 4/21 Greensboro Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Alright..I'll get this thing started...

Greensboro was the place in 2007, and it was less official...

I'd like it to be a little more official this time around...

I'd love to set some sort of fucking record...most Roth Army members on the face of the fucking planet...to show up to this thing...

So...Who the fuck is in...I can't fly any of you fuckers in...or rent out a floor at the Hilton...but there's no fucking reason why we can't meet the fuck up...and shred the town before...and after the show...

I know this for a fact...I'll be there..fairwrning will be there...fucking Romeo Delight is flying in from Vanfuckingcouver...I'm assuming Va Beach will be there...

That's all I know for right now...but not a bad start...

Now let's get this thing fucking moving...we can make some calls to some local bars...see what the fuck is up...I'd love to try and get something big...get a local VH cover band for before or after the show to play at one of these fucking places...but like I said...I'm no fucking booker...and have about ten bucks to my name (not really...but not after I buy tickets to all these fucking shows...I might)...so we'll need a lot to connect to make this shit work...

worst case scenario...we all meet up...drink some beers...tell some stories...rip on Sammy...and on some general douchebag posters...

caravan to the show...tailgate...watch VH fucking blaze...post tailgate...

and prepare for Charlotte...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

YEAAAAH!!! Who's coming??

I like the guest list so far. Dloc, haven't you wanted to go to NC?

Can't wait to experience life in North Carolina!!!! Saturday night and at least 30 of us, should make for a great evening.

50 maybe?

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• SparkieD
        Veteran
        • Sep 2006

Trying to decide between Greensboro, Charlotte, or ideally, both!
        Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
        Originally posted by rustoffa
        Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Greensboro on a Sat .nothing but yeah!! Last time was great..this one will be better.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

This is probably a sure bet for me....

And probably Charlotte...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

If Va Beach is 50/50 on Charlotte...he'll be go time by game time......

At least I will be...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Flamma ...you are coming from Vancouver??,,thats awesome

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

We need to get everybody thats coming tix that are together...and Roth Army shirts!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                    We need to get everybody thats coming tix that are together
                    So you're putting all 10 or so tickets on your credit card ?? Hey, that's great Wrning !!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

It's pretty funny actually. I was trying to figure out a time I could attend a concert in April with some Army members pm-ing Pojo trying to see what we could arrange. As it turned out, the Greensboro date couldn't have worked out any better if we scheduled the tour ourselves .

I am already in the same time zone at least at that time. Not too far. Certainly not too far that it will keep me from making this happen.

Like the rest of yesterday, it is like all of the bad luck and misery is turning itself around 180 degrees. Like we were owed a debt that is paying off in spades!
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        So you're putting all 10 or so tickets on your credit card ?? Hey, that's great Wrning !!
                        Only 10??,,cmon people!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Unfortunately, it'll pretty much have to be the same scenario there as last time....

Find a good bar to get lubed up....

Hit the arena parking lot, continue lubing....

Enter the arena, continue lubing....

Ignore opening act, continue lubing....

Go our separate ways and enjoy The Mighty Van Halen....

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Well hopefully if things turn out all right my job schedule (if I have a job that is), then me & the Mrs. are gonna make a road trip to Greensboro once again.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

I'd love to set some sort of fucking record...most Roth Army members on the face of the fucking planet...to show up to this thing...

Buffalo will take you on in the quest for that my dear! I'll work my little tail off to beat you!

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...