Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Hit my seat in time to catch the last 2 K and G songs..crowd was small but into it..dancing and singing choruses..Dave gives em props in EWS I believe..

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

That seat was about 10 -20 rows behind Carmine,Ginny, Va and Poj..fuckers

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
        Hit my seat in time to catch the last 2 K and G songs..crowd was small but into it..dancing and singing choruses..Dave gives em props in EWS I believe..
        Yeah...I can't remember exactly what he said...something like...being inspired by the funk of Kool n' the Gang...or some shit like that...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

That seat was about 10 -20 rows behind Carmine,Ginny, Va and Poj..fuckers
          Paybacks are a bitch after the last show in G'Boro...of course...we weren't even on the damn floor...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Okay...Video #1...Unchained...the opener (are you fucking kidding me!!!!): Now, I've only watched the first minute of this...and can just tell you...when they walked out playing unchained...I nearly lost my fucking marbles, so that's me whelping in the background...and I'm just going to assume that the rest of the video looks like I'm in the Blair Witch Project...cuz sorry...no fucking way I stood still for this song. Didn't even remember that I recorded it until I got in the car last night. Oh, and at the beginning of the tune...when Ed walks out...you'll see the shadow of a dude holding up his fist...that's Carmine. Throughout my vids...you'll see him holding up his camera...about six...seven rows in front of us...

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

You caught the improv jam..sweettt

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

OK...just watched...now...I gotta tell you...that was a great fucking six minutes right the fuck there...more when I review...but after I just off...for RWTD...I said to myself, "self...no more fucking videos...you gotta fucking watch this shit."

You'll be fucking surprised at the next partial song I video'ed...and fucking why...pretty funny actually...considering something that Dave did later in the show...and taking into account something I never really thought about: "Would I want my daughter to listen to VH?" I mean seriously...my son's a given...but c'mon...my daughter?

Answer at 11:00...it's uploading as we speak...and on it's way. I'm assuming no jiggling this time...because I was planted firmly...other than the drunkin' motherfucking chair crawler that VaBeach and myself nearly sent into orbit for stupidity...but I digress...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Okay...so while we wait...let the Review begin:

So, those of you that have known me over the years have dubbed me many things on this board...brash...idiotic...fucking moron...EUAS...footsteps...guy in the sports forum...guy with the most posts...Charles Manson (and to the Greensboro crew that wondered about that...it seems as though as we were talking about it...someone actually did it in this thread...IT'S FUCKING JIM MORRISON FOR FUCK'S SAKE!)...anyways...point being, I've been called many things. For those of you that don't know me...Fuck Off...

Now, through all of that, there's one thing that can't be questioned...my utter fucking devotion to David Lee Roth as a fucking frontman...and Van Halen, as a band with David Lee Roth as its frontman. Short story...started listening to this band because of the guitarist...stopped following the guitarist because of the keyboards, and followed the lead singer...thought I could get two awesome bands when they split after being pissed...got one and a Ro-pop band in its place...nearly had a coronary in 1998...nearly bought a sniper rifle in 1998, with two bullets...nearly had a coronary in 2000...nearly bought a sniper rifle with two bullets in 2000...nearly had a heart attack in 2002 (thankfully got drunk and made it through Sammy's part--after meeting Santa Clause--who told me he backed David--true story)...nearly bought a cannon in 2004...cried like a fucking baby in 2007...treaded water for 28...13...5 years waiting for a new album...and ended up waiting for a ride to Greensboro on April 21, 2012.

Now I left a lot out there...but such is the fucking life...I've been a webbie here making ellipses since early 2000...and I just don't have the fucking time to rehash the damn pain and agony of following this fucking band from the days of waiting in line at National Record Mart for the first day of an album (man...nothing fucking like it...with those smoking babies everywhere)...or sitting next to your radio with one of those fucking tape players ready, fucking waiting for the song...or when Vh was bigger than the world)...to the MTV days (when it was actually MTV)...to the dark days in 1985 when Dave AND VH turned into little fucking weinies...to EUAS vs. 5150...so Rock vs. RoPop...to Vai vs. Ed...and on...and on...and on...and on...

Point being...don't remember my point...but here comes a new fucking album...and folks, like you, I was stoked. Not normal stoked...big time stoked...not big time stoked...fucking consumed by this shit. Not consumed enough to fucking sell my house and follow the band (I'm married with kids, or I may have), but stoked enough to start doing THIS shit again online every day...every hour...waiting for the news...waiting for new shit from DDE...waiting for leaks and clips and all that jazz that I couldn't fucking believe was actually happened...

Folks...the new album...

and I was in...hook, line and sinker...

Tickets boughts...album bought...head on crooked...It's Showtime...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

And...a musical interlude...So Tattoo comes on...now I do like the song more than most...but it's not my favorite on the album...but...

it's my daughter's...all seven-years old of her...and for the first time in my life I thought, "Holy Shit...I've gotta record this for my daughter..."

So here's the tail-end of tattoo...and I'm sure...more fucking Blair Witch shit...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

WTF...I have 1 that has fully uploaded but has been " processing" for over an hour

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

I'm really diggin' the mid-song jam session ---- this is the longest one yet during "Unchained" ---- hope they keep this shit up!

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Okay...Video #1...Unchained...the opener (are you fucking kidding me!!!!): Now, I've only watched the first minute of this...and can just tell you...when they walked out playing unchained...I nearly lost my fucking marbles, so that's me whelping in the background...and I'm just going to assume that the rest of the video looks like I'm in the Blair Witch Project...cuz sorry...no fucking way I stood still for this song. Didn't even remember that I recorded it until I got in the car last night. Oh, and at the beginning of the tune...when Ed walks out...you'll see the shadow of a dude holding up his fist...that's Carmine. Throughout my vids...you'll see him holding up his camera...about six...seven rows in front of us...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

WTF...I have 1 that has fully uploaded but has been " processing" for over an hour
                          It takes extra time...since you were 15 rows behind us...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

I knew I should have chucked a beer cup at you when that lane opened up but the DDE rep was there

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

I knew I should have chucked a beer cup at you when that lane opened up but the DDE rep was there
                              Besides...beers were $9.00...you wouldn't have wanted to waste that shit...but hey...at least it was quality shit...PBR is on my fucking mind!!!!

Comment

• SparkieD
                                Veteran
                                • Sep 2006

Man, I am still at a total loss for words today. My brain's gotta have more time to process it all. I will say that today, I'm kinda emotional. Are these tears of joy or am I sad that last night's over?
                                Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                                Originally posted by rustoffa
                                Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

Working...