Official 4/21 Greensboro Meetup/Review Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Fat Dog's, I had to look it up....

Most of the hotels around there are pretty nasty, like the Super 8 we used last time....

I think the Quality Inn next to it is a "bit" better, but not much....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Seriously thinking about DC too..just over 3 hr drive...Wed tho

Comment

I'm getting a nice room 1 mile from the venue.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

VA:

I thought it was Fat Sam's. That would be too funny; I guess that's how I chose to remember it. But yeah, just across the tracks and a few blocks down from the venue.

Guess I'll have to make the drive again this time. It worked better with CLT-Opening Night on Thurs, but this time it would have to just be straight up to Greensboro and back (CLT in the middle of the week doesnt work).
          David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
          — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Fairwrning View Post
            Seriously thinking about DC too..just over 3 hr drive...Wed tho
            Yeah, well Charlotte is on a Wednesday too, but since we're thinking about going to that show also, that negates DC for me....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Clearly...Charlotte is my vote...it's closer...but I can work out DC if I have to.

My plan is the two NC shows...and one other somewhere else...but it'll be a May or June show..
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Think on this a bit....Greensboro is a definite..Saturday in mid-April..I can get there early enough to fit in 18 before the show..Im planning on getting a room somewhere so time to down a few during and after golf/before show...

Comment

I'll be making the drive on Saturday morning, probably stopping in Raleigh to pick up Pojo's sorry ass in my Camaro, then heading over to Greensboro, just like last time....

Did you make hotel reservations yet ??

Comment

No reservations yet..still considering DC...I dont think rooms would be that hard to find a month ahead...I hope

Comment

I think I'm staying where VH and the crew is staying - http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...ropertyID=1224

I can normally get deals at these hotels but not that night! Must be VH or a Shriner's convention that night

I wouldn't mind spending less though. Hard to predict what Hotels are like on the web.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Greensboro's not exactly the hotel mecca of the Southeast, though....

Comment

Yeah I noticed that
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Let's see if we can get a headcount:

VA
                            Pojo
                            Fairwrning
                            damngoodtimes
                            RBW (?)

MAYBE
                            Sparkie
                            BITEYOASS
                            Icoke

Sure seems there were more than that...

Comment

I will be in Greensboro N.C. for the Show!

Comment

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
                                Let's see if we can get a headcount:

VA
                                Pojo
                                Fairwrning
                                damngoodtimes
                                RBW (?)

MAYBE
                                Sparkie
                                BITEYOASS
                                Icoke

Sure seems there were more than that...
                                Don't forget, there was a whole crew of fuckers that left the Army...Hyman Roth...and a few others...

I'm sure more will crop up...

JStuds...keep checking this thread for the meeting spots before and after...
                                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...
                                X