Official 4/21 Greensboro Meetup/Review Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

I'm guessing any major set list changes won't be occuring untill a full on second leg is under way. I just don't understand why they would be soundchecking certain songs and not playing them live. Is it just to stay sharp on certain tunes or is it Dave refusing to play them? I hope it's not the latter.

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

I swear it seems like hes saying "stare down"..like hes getting shitty looks from somebody..steps over a minute later..mentions it again with a double FU..

Comment

• chi-town324
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Feb 2007

I read that Dave doesn't do the sound checks....so Wolfie is pulling out songs to try...or so thats what it sounded like is happening

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get a break on parking fees after we told the lady in the booth we knew WARF..She had no idea who he was..unfuckinbelievable

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
            Veteran
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by chi-town324
            I read that Dave doesn't do the sound checks....so Wolfie is pulling out songs to try...or so thats what it sounded like is happening
            That's what I read too....kind of sounded like Wolfie was doing the set lists...
            Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
              Yes, ya drunk fucker...we tried to figure that out between the 3 t shirt stands we walked to
              I know that, you hick fuck....

I meant that he started it towards the center of the stage, and it wasn't until he came over to the edge that he told him Fuck You.....
              Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 04-22-2012, 06:41 PM.
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

I'll let Poj handle the review....

Great meeting everyone at Fat Pig's.... Wrning's still the same trailer park trash that he was 5 years ago....

I wanted to pass on some of the highlights of our conversation with our DDE rep between sets.....

1. "As Is" and "Light Up The Sky" are simply soundcheck songs.... It wasn't said verbatim, but don't expect to hear them live.....

2. The only video being shot so far on the tour is for the shows themselves.... So what that basically means is that if/when a DVD is planned, those plans will happen fast....

3. The blower rant is NO SCHTICK.... And as others have already said, the blowers were off, it was humid as FUCK in there, and guess what, there was no blower rant.....

4. Just an FYI, it was reiterated, no one is getting backstage, at least from Dave....

5. And last, but certainly not least, and this is from Dave, he LOVES the passion you fuckers bring !!
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  The blower rant is NO SCHTICK.... And as others have already said, the blowers were off, it was humid as FUCK in there, and guess what, there was no blower rant.

Gut feeling told me it wasn't schtick ---- as soon as I saw Dave stopping songs to launch a rant.

In the old days ---- he only launched "fuck yer wife" rants IN BETWEEN songs.

So unless he decided to suddenly become an unclassy asshole like Axl Rose ---- I knew the blowers were truly fucking up his voice.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2012

I wanted to pass on some of the highlights of our conversation with our DDE rep between sets.....

1. "As Is" and "Light Up The Sky" are simply soundcheck songs.... It wasn't said verbatim, but don't expect to hear them live.....
                    That's a BIG BUMMER!!!!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2012

5. And last, but certainly not least, and this is from Dave, he LOVES the passion you fuckers bring !!
                      Hell yah!!!

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

that is great to hear after all these years.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Apr 2005

I'll let Poj handle the review....

The million $ question, is She a Hottie?

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Apr 2005

Why don't a bunch of Army Troop come to LA for Homecoming Show, what perfect time for DVD and if this tight now can barely imagine how stellar it's going to be June 1st. Endless options for pre & post show fun.....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Listen...I'll get to that conversation with the DDE rep in the review. It was incredible having that opportunity...and it was such a down to earth conversation. She was answering questions, and chatting, and it was extremely clear that there is a voice in the Dave camp for us folk...and there's a presence here at the site...

I can't even begin to say how much I appreciate that...but again...more in the review...and you know...it'll take a bit of time...a week...maybe less...maybe more...
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by van hln CA
                                Why don't a bunch of Army Troop come to LA for Homecoming Show, what perfect time for DVD and if this tight now can barely imagine how stellar it's going to be June 1st. Endless options for pre & post show fun.....
                                because Cleveland is closer, and if they are tight on June 1st they'll be really tight by July 28th.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...