Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

I would love to take my kids but do they need to see their father go apeshit crazy cos his band was on stage lol
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Guitar Shark
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      I would first really make sure they're interested in seeing the show, and not basically dragging them there because Daddy wants you to see his favorite group...

As Poj and I were talking about after the show, we saw kids, with expensive floor seats, sitting down and texting while everyone around them was on their feet the whole show....

Secondly, you need to be aware of just how loud the show is.... To us, it's a great sound, but to a kid, that can be too much....
      I agree. The only reason I am asking is because my 4-year-old daughter LOVES Van Halen and frankly I think she would have more fun at the show than my wife, who is not really a fan. Personally, I think 4 years old is probably too young for a show of this type but I'm just curious about how others see it.
      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Carmine
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Welcome back, Lou...good to see ya, pal...

My Facebook page is ripe with fresh pictures from Greensboro...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
          I agree. The only reason I am asking is because my 4-year-old daughter LOVES Van Halen and frankly I think she would have more fun at the show than my wife, who is not really a fan. Personally, I think 4 years old is probably too young for a show of this type but I'm just curious about how others see it.
          I think 4 is too young bro, even considering just the sound.... With earplugs, maybe....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Guitar Shark
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Yep. That girl in the video was probably what... 7 or 8?
            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Carmine
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
              This completely sucks...rainy, 40 degrees and its Monday..2 days after seeing the Mighty Van Halen..what makes it worse I just hit Subway for lunch and they are playing HFT on the radio..*sigh*
              Great reads Lou and Carmine..great to meet you guys..even tho I was waiting for Carmine to jump the table thinking I snagged his VH lighter..lmao..sorry dude..I wouldnt do that to ya..still blown away you 3 made that trip..hope the great show made up for the feeble crowd..." owns shit"..lol..that was great,,I am normally pretty damn quiet actually..just ready for a great night..
              lmao...you were on a mission, bro...great meeting you as well...

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I think 4 is too young bro, even considering just the sound.... With earplugs, maybe....
                I dunno...back in the day my sister and I took my niece to a Whitesnake show at 5 (with earplugs, of course) and she LOVED it...
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Zempi
                  Roadie
                  • Mar 2012

Mine is 8. She loves music. She is into VH among others. She always is asking for us to take her to a concert and I too am torn. It is usually quite easy though b/c she goes to bed way before 11 so unless it is a wkd show, it is not even a consideration.

I still think 8 is a bit young...even with earplugs. If I want to ruin my hearing that is my choice...But, I do waiver whether to take her or not. In your case honestly I would say 4 is too young.

Also, unless you are really going to splurge for super close tix, it may not be worth it. Kids are also visual and would like to see the instruments played and singer singing close up...Of course if this was their last tour, I would be disappointed I did not take her..considering in High School I was not 'allowed' to see them in the 80's-parents saying I was too young. Then look what happened-had to wait years!

Comment

• Zempi
                    Roadie
                    • Mar 2012

I thought maybe 9ish-10..not sure though...I have to look again..

Yep. That girl in the video was probably what... 7 or 8?

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

I took my 7yo son to see Gov't Mule, and we ended up leaving after two songs. He couldn't see, couldn't keep the ear plugs in, and was getting lost in the shuffle. I could not enjoy the show, nor could he. That's my only experience. I've asked him, now 11, if he wants to see Van Halen and he does not. He's really scared of the loud. Takes after his mom.

Comment

• private parts
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2007

I would first really make sure they're interested in seeing the show, and not basically dragging them there because Daddy wants you to see his favorite group...

As Poj and I were talking about after the show, we saw kids, with expensive floor seats, sitting down and texting while everyone around them was on their feet the whole show....

Secondly, you need to be aware of just how loud the show is.... To us, it's a great sound, but to a kid, that can be too much....
                        How loud was it? I've heard the shows are loud, not loud, sort of loud. I WANT FEEL IT IN MY BONES LOUD!...without doing any real bodily damage of course.
                        sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Its not as loud as last tour imo..I remember my brain rattled at points in 07,,not at all this year

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                            Dave is quickly learning to endear himself to the audience with cool stuff like this ---- you aint gonna win 'em over with blower rants!

wow...this girl is as much of an icon as Sir Warf..."this one's for you honey"...if some guy wants to date her one day she will say: "David Lee Roth sang Dance the Night Away for me...so give your best shot now, motherfucker!"
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

My son first saw Roth solo in Orlando at the Hard Rock when he was 5. He impressed the hell out of the section by singing along to almost all of it. Some guy taught him the devil horns that night.
                              He has since seen VH at 7 and 11 years old.

Earplugs all 3 times. But VA's right, the kid has to be into it.
                              David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                              — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by private parts
                                How loud was it? I've heard the shows are loud, not loud, sort of loud. I WANT FEEL IT IN MY BONES LOUD!...without doing any real bodily damage of course.
                                Like we talked about at Fat Pig's, it really depends on where you are in relation to the speakers....

In '07, we were in the lower bowl, I didn't think it was as loud as this time....

This time, fuck, we were right in line with Eddie, 14 rows back on the floor.... That shit was LOUD....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...