X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slowhand
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
    So what exactly is the deal with Greensboro?

No one seems to actually be living there from the site - and yet this is yet again a date for the mighty VH - so there must be a significant population base.

From the outside looking in you start to wonder if there is some "understanding" from neighboring communities regarding the place...

Is it an experimental clone-city? I am trying to understand why there are only two or three hotels that actually have vacancies. Part of the plan to "integrate" me?

I am starting to get worried.
    I live in Greensboro. It's been a major transportation hub for the last 100 years or so. A lot of people and a lot of stuff pass through here. That's why we've been attracting so many businesses to relocate here. The coliseum is the largest single-seat arena in the country. That's why we get so many good shows, and have hosted over half of the men's ACC basketball tournaments over the last 41 years.

There was a great crowd at the 07 show. I was in the first row outside the walkway. If you time it right, great tickets can be had here cheaper than normal. I got AC/DC tickets in the front row for $45 a piece. That was the starting price for tickets. People 10 rows back paid $90 a piece. I'll be at the concert in April. Hopefully right up against the walkway again.

As far as hotels go, there are plenty that always have rooms available. Easiest way to find one here is just looking around google maps and calling them.
    I got bass speakers bigger than most people's automobile. -David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

So we have fuckers coming from all over the place,,,,,,,,I think you will enjoy Greensboro..Got my floor seat yesterday..

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
        So we have fuckers coming from all over the place,,,,,,,,I think you will enjoy Greensboro..Got my floor seat yesterday..
        Damn it you loner son of a bitch...was hoping you, flamma, and that mobster from Chicago...or Arizona...or Florida...would get seats together...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Single seats - eh who knows. I"m trying it this time in CT

Oh dear.

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Look at page 1..I brought up seats together..never heard a word..fuckers//lol...We will hang out before and after this year...I plan om staying all night and driving back Sunday

Comment

• redblkwht
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

need a seat hookup I will give it a week more, still wanna come up.
              will play it by ear..

EUAS

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
                need a seat hookup I will give it a week more, still wanna come up.
                will play it by ear..
                Ticketmaster RBW....go to Greensboro coliseum site and they send you to ticketmaster..

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by slowhand
                  I live in Greensboro. It's been a major transportation hub for the last 100 years or so. A lot of people and a lot of stuff pass through here. That's why we've been attracting so many businesses to relocate here. The coliseum is the largest single-seat arena in the country. That's why we get so many good shows, and have hosted over half of the men's ACC basketball tournaments over the last 41 years.

There was a great crowd at the 07 show. I was in the first row outside the walkway. If you time it right, great tickets can be had here cheaper than normal. I got AC/DC tickets in the front row for $45 a piece. That was the starting price for tickets. People 10 rows back paid $90 a piece. I'll be at the concert in April. Hopefully right up against the walkway again.

As far as hotels go, there are plenty that always have rooms available. Easiest way to find one here is just looking around google maps and calling them.
                  We made the nice long trek to Greensboro in 07. The drive itself was a complete nightmare. Everything that could go wrong, did. However, once we got to Greensboro, I fell in love with the place. There was a fucking great record shop that was somewhat near the arena. It was called "Remember When Records & Videos." Place was great. I bought my 2 disc DVD of the US Festival performance there. I asked the folks if they were online, they weren't. I asked if they shipped and they said seldomly. I thought that was bad business practices. Gonna have to look to see if that's changed or if they went out of business. Anyway, I'm hitting the New Orleans show at the end of the tour. Here's to hoping a last night of the leg of a tour is something special.
                  I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• redblkwht
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Fuck, flight home went up! FW the tix row from here is sold out. I'll go in tonight & revisit. Ty for the heads up!

EUAS

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

No prob...I hope ya get tix...I cant see them selling out for a month or so.

Comment

• BringOnTheGirls
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Jan 2004

Greensboro

Rumpelstiltskin here.

I am starting rekindle the fever I had in 2007 traveling to Charlotte, East Rutherford & Vegas
                        then
                        not seeing any of the 2nd leg when Ed started playing better.

Ed was off for NJ & Vegas Shows.

I am going the $600 rout in Greensboro
                        and
                        waiting to see if I need more.

Maybe scalping in Charlotte, New Orleans.

Fat Sam's????

http://images.projectplaylist.com/static/user/6146226.html

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Yep...looking like Fat Sams...not sure if there will be three...or 30...but there will be a few of us there for sure...

I'll be going down to Charlotte for sure...and scalping...

Perhaps someone will take solace on a lowly Roth Army webmaster...and give me a deal...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Fat Dogs....
                            Fat Dogs....
                            Fat Dogs....
                            Fat Dogs....
                            Fat Dogs....
                            Fat Dogs....
                            Fat Dogs....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

So did the Scottish fucker make up his alcohol-soaked mind yet ??
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                So did the Scottish fucker make up his alcohol-soaked mind yet ??
                                The rumblings outta Europe has a distinct shift towards a decided different venue, but still with webmasters attending...

One that I'm likely to try and get to as well...since there's some time between now and then...

Comment

Working...