Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by van hln CA View Post
    VA would you agree Forum was rowdier last Feb?
    Oh yeah... I'd also include the LAST Greensboro crowd in '07, that place was nuts...

Poj and I had a couple douche bags standing next to us.... I don't think they made a sound all night long....

Funny you mentioned "fortyish" and "tired"..... 'Cause my ass was exhausted after the show.... As soon as I laid down in the hotel, I was out....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-28-2020 @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Picture from bar area inside the coliseum overlooking the floor!

My best show since 1984 !!!

Dave, Ed & Al are really enjoying this tour.
    I hope Wolf is too but I could not tell.

Ed did say at sound check that this building really reverbs which we could really hear at the sound check
    but
    for the show with the crowd & a few drinks, I did not notice.

Overall a 9 !!!

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 3 users say thank you to BringOnTheGirls for this KICKASS post:

chuckie lee (04-23-2012),fwacf (04-23-2012),SunisinuS (04-22-2012)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I saw her after the show.....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Alright...here's I'll Wait...love this song...and especially the solo. I know I'm in the minority...but fuck off...

6. Thanked POJO_Risin for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (04-22-2012)

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I love that fucking yellow and black guitar he's got for that song...

Spark on the Horizon!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 10:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The douchebags in front of Tiki and me were drunk as hell and security kept threatening to kick 'em out. They cleared out the row at least four times to deal with these bastards. At one point, this chick threw her beer all over one of 'em because he was a complete jerkoff, and Dave himself took notice, I suppose because of all the surrounding security. The majority of those pics I got were from under the more obnoxious of the two's armpit. Great seats aren't all that hot when you're 5'2" and behind two drunk fucks who are at least 6'4".

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkieD View Post
    The douchebags in front of Tiki and me were drunk as hell and security kept threatening to kick 'em out. They cleared out the row at least four times to deal with these bastards. At one point, this chick threw her beer all over one of 'em because he was a complete jerkoff, and Dave himself took notice, I suppose because of all the surrounding security. The majority of those pics I got were from under the more obnoxious of the two's armpit. Great seats aren't all that hot when you're 5'2" and behind two drunk fucks who are at least 6'4".

You can sit on my shoulders anytime. 5'2" and 6' 2" will overcome.

Peace!

10. Thanked SunisinuS for this KICKASS post:

SparkieD (04-23-2012)

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sounds Like You Fuckers Had A Great Time.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BringOnTheGirls View Post

Picture from bar area inside the coliseum overlooking the floor!

My best show since 1984 !!!

Dave, Ed & Al are really enjoying this tour.
    I hope Wolf is too but I could not tell.

Ed did say at sound check that this building really reverbs which we could really hear at the sound check
    but
    for the show with the crowd & a few drinks, I did not notice.

Overall a 9 !!!

Yes,Yes And Yes.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2023 @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

After the 750 mile drive in the pouring rain the entire fucking way...I am safely back home...what a trip...Greensboro was the best show that I've seen so far and I'll tell you why in just one word: Dave...more on that later...

First...the meet-up at Fat Dog's...

My buddy Lou calls me around 3 from outside of our hotel...motherfucker's insane...lmao...this was his 7th show of the tour....he's got no ticket...just a duffle bag in his Cadillac and he just drove 8 hours to Greensboro...he's pumped, he's "wired" for sound...well almost...lol...and we hop in for the trip around the way to Fat Dog's...

Fat Dog's is a quiet little joint in the middle of a residential section of town...just a few blocks from the Coliseum...I got more than a few laughs at my Van Fuckin' Halen t-shirt from the folks seated there...we grab a table outside on the patio, a round of $2 Yuengling's...and wait for the gang to arrive...

First up...Va Beach, who I've hung with before so I recognize...and the "other guy", who I know must be Pojo since they're traveling together...handshakes all-around...it's cool when you finally meet the people that you've hung here with for 8-9 years face to face...After the "You gotta be Poj"...and the "Fuckin' Carmine"...all the first time meeting jitters are fucking gone, fuck we KNOW each other already, right...lmao...I introduce Lou...more laughs from Pojo and a "Fucking Lou", actually there were several "Fucking Lou's" lmao...introduce Ginny...another round of beers...

Sparky D and Tiki Tom arrive next...we also know each other from the Charlotte show in 2007...they just walk up and sit down...these things are great...because once you've met an Army member in person...it's like hooking up with Family...you all know what I mean after hanging here everyday for 8 years...The Fucking Cleveland show in July will be like a Family Reunion...I can't wait for that...another round of beers...

last to arrive...Warning...this mother fucker walks up like he owns shit...lmao...within 30 seconds there's a Pitcher on our table...the beers are flowing...the conversation ensues...very limited conversation since Pojo has been on his self-imposed exile since February and doesn't know shit...nobody wants to ruin it for him...all of our seat locations are discussed...we know will be seeing each other on the floor...a few Van Halen songs on the stereo blastin...more beers...a couple more "Fucking Lou's" outta Pojo...all in all...a great time for a few hours with friends...

and now...it's showtime...
    Last edited by Carmine; 04-23-2012 at 08:46 AM.

14. 2 users say thank you to Carmine for this KICKASS post:

IceCreamBlondie (04-23-2012),Momshell (04-23-2012)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So there....

Terribly sorry... per Van Halens request we had to turn off the air. RT @carriewill2: @Gbocoliseum it is Ridiculously hot in here tonight.— Greensboro Coliseum (@Gbocoliseum) April 22, 2012

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-31-2018 @ 06:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

as the tour pushes into summertime, this A/C "Blower" thing is going to be a problem....

I mean, think Birmingham in August...

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Nice MILF !!! Or a MILF wannabe ??

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damngoodtimes View Post
    as the tour pushes into summertime, this A/C "Blower" thing is going to be a problem....

Methinks Dave is rapidly headed toward a collision course with the 3 twins over this "blower" issue.....

You just can't have your way when 3 other guys onstage ---- and 15,000 fans ---- are being steamed-cooked inside an arena like a Christmas goose.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    Nice MILF !!! Or a MILF wannabe ??

Fuckin A

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BringOnTheGirls View Post

She's hot!

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Methinks Dave is rapidly headed toward a collision course with the 3 twins over this "blower" issue.....

You just can't have your way when 3 other guys onstage ---- and 15,000 fans ---- are being steamed-cooked inside an arena like a Christmas goose.
    They definitely have to come up with a solution! Going to have fans dropping from heat exhaustion and heart attacks at this rate!

However, for my own reasons, I think the 3 twins will support Dave on this one...

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    They definitely have to come up with a solution! Going to have fans dropping from heat exhaustion and heart attacks at this rate!

However, for my own reasons, I think the 3 twins will support Dave on this one...

I think Dave may already be getting "gentle" suggestions to cut out the blower rants.

However, even Dave knows the fans pay his salary ---- and having hundreds of ticket holders getting pissed off about sweltering venues is a good way to get fired !!!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2013 @ 11:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs up I'm back

Alright guys I couldn't resist anymore. Most of you can guess who I am. Carmine urged me to come back this morning and that's what pushed me to finally break the seven and a half year absence from this place. This is the username I use for most websites and I intend it to be symbolic of a slate wiped clean here. Last time I posted here I was 23. Now I'm 31. I'll defy anyone who says they were the same person at both of those ages. I'm not interested in arguing, personal attacks, politics, any thread derailment shit. All I want to do anymore is celebrate the mighty Van Halen. If there's nothing I can do or say that will convince you I'm anything but an asshole that's fine, just please don't derail the thread and ruin it for everyone else. I'm not taking the bait either.

So with that out of the way I'd like to say that the euphoria and good times of this outing have not yet worn off yet. Which is really good to combat a dreary, cold Monday morning here. As you know I took the road trip down to Greensboro, my first time there. I liked the fact that the Coliseum is one of the remaining buildings in this country that VH played 30 years ago, so I tried to absorb that and pretend I was alive and was seeing a concert in that era.

Met up with Carmine and Ginny as I had a month prior in Atlantic City. The three of us went on over to Fat Dog's which is conveniently located across the street from a sex shop and an African braiding salon, you know in case you need to take care of those things before the show. Carmine already laid out who showed up. I hadn't met any of you guys before (though I was emailing Sparkie prior to the show) and I just want to thank you all for a great time. So Carmine, Ginny, Pojo, Va Beach, Fairwrning, SparkieD & Tiki Tom, all of you were great and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out, drinking Yuenglings and eating those strange, not-so-Teriyaki wings

Also two more Roth Army members really wanted to carpool with me but at the last minute had some unfortunate circumstances that prevented them from going. So Zempi and VanHalener, I made it clear to everyone that you wanted to be there and we all felt bad you couldn't make it person, though you were there in spirit. I did audio record the entire show and put it up on Dime, and it's dedicated to you guys.

Ended up buying a fourth row seat on Eddie's side before the show at the box office. $99.50 done, would have paid $15 more had I bought it on Ticketmaster. Perfectly good seat if you don't want to pay for the floor. This was a terrific show, probably the best of the seven I've seen on this tour. Everyone was firing on all cylinders, including Dave. As soon as he and Eddie did an improvised jam during "Unchained," I felt this could be a special night. Dave's voice sounded clean and powerful, as good as he was in 2007-08 when he was the one holding that tour together. It would have been nice to get a setlist change (this was now the fourth night in a row doing the same setlist), but the performance was so precise, Dave was very much on top of his game and chock full of humorous Rothisms, I can't complain. Others have already commented about "Dance the Night Away" and it was really heartwarming. "Women in Love" was bizarre with the rant but whatever. One song that I don't think got enough attention was "Everybody Wants Some!!" The Rothisms in that were hilarious with the "Oh yeah" thing in the beginning, the "thunder and lightning" thing and then when Dave talked about 1982 and how good he looked. I thought the interaction between Dave and Ed was plentiful and genuine. They truly felt like a real band. As others said it was hot as hell in there but if Dave sings like THAT every night I'll gladly put up with it.

After the show Carmine and Ginny were understandably exhausted and went back to the hotel. The rest of us recovened for a half hour at Fat Dog's to put a little bowtie on great night. I had a shitty drive home in rain and traffic but couldn't care less. I can't get enough of VH and these meetups and I'm glad the good times will keep coming through the summer months. I'm already excited about Cleveland.

24. 10 users say thank you to loucap81 for this KICKASS post:

Carmine (04-23-2012),damngoodtimes (04-23-2012),fryingdutchman (04-25-2012),Guitar Shark (04-23-2012),IceCreamBlondie (04-23-2012),Momshell (04-23-2012),Seshmeister (04-28-2012),twonabomber (04-23-2012),ZahZoo (04-23-2012),Zempi (04-23-2012)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loucap81 View Post
    Alright guys I couldn't resist anymore...
    Where's the 'groan' button?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm not interested in... any thread derailment shit.
    Ooops... Sorry Lou!

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    Where's the 'groan' button?

Welcome back Lou.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't understand the problem with the 'blowers' or should I say, I don't know why it's an issue now.
    I mean thirty something years of doing shows... a great deal of them in the summer... and now in 2012 air conditioning is an issue?
    Could it be that the huge screen puts off a lot of heat... causing any kind of cold draft to be troublesome to the band on the stage?

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

This completely sucks...rainy, 40 degrees and its Monday..2 days after seeing the Mighty Van Halen..what makes it worse I just hit Subway for lunch and they are playing HFT on the radio..*sigh*
    Great reads Lou and Carmine..great to meet you guys..even tho I was waiting for Carmine to jump the table thinking I snagged his VH lighter..lmao..sorry dude..I wouldnt do that to ya..still blown away you 3 made that trip..hope the great show made up for the feeble crowd..." owns shit"..lol..that was great,,I am normally pretty damn quiet actually..just ready for a great night..

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2018 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Alright guys I couldn't resist anymore. Most of you can guess who I am. Carmine urged me to come back this morning and that's what pushed me to finally break the seven and a half year absence from this place. This is the username I use for most websites and I intend it to be symbolic of a slate wiped clean here. Last time I posted here I was 23. Now I'm 31. I'll defy anyone who says they were the same person at both of those ages. I'm not interested in arguing, personal attacks, politics, any thread derailment shit. All I want to do anymore is celebrate the mighty Van Halen. If there's nothing I can do or say that will convince you I'm anything but an asshole that's fine, just please don't derail the thread and ruin it for everyone else. I'm not taking the bait either.

So with that out of the way I'd like to say that the euphoria and good times of this outing have not yet worn off yet. Which is really good to combat a dreary, cold Monday morning here. As you know I took the road trip down to Greensboro, my first time there. I liked the fact that the Coliseum is one of the remaining buildings in this country that VH played 30 years ago, so I tried to absorb that and pretend I was alive and was seeing a concert in that era.

Met up with Carmine and Ginny as I had a month prior in Atlantic City. The three of us went on over to Fat Dog's which is conveniently located across the street from a sex shop and an African braiding salon, you know in case you need to take care of those things before the show. Carmine already laid out who showed up. I hadn't met any of you guys before (though I was emailing Sparkie prior to the show) and I just want to thank you all for a great time. So Carmine, Ginny, Pojo, Va Beach, Fairwrning, SparkieD & Tiki Tom, all of you were great and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out, drinking Yuenglings and eating those strange, not-so-Teriyaki wings

Also two more Roth Army members really wanted to carpool with me but at the last minute had some unfortunate circumstances that prevented them from going. So Zempi and VanHalener, I made it clear to everyone that you wanted to be there and we all felt bad you couldn't make it person, though you were there in spirit. I did audio record the entire show and put it up on Dime, and it's dedicated to you guys.

Ended up buying a fourth row seat on Eddie's side before the show at the box office. $99.50 done, would have paid $15 more had I bought it on Ticketmaster. Perfectly good seat if you don't want to pay for the floor. This was a terrific show, probably the best of the seven I've seen on this tour. Everyone was firing on all cylinders, including Dave. As soon as he and Eddie did an improvised jam during "Unchained," I felt this could be a special night. Dave's voice sounded clean and powerful, as good as he was in 2007-08 when he was the one holding that tour together. It would have been nice to get a setlist change (this was now the fourth night in a row doing the same setlist), but the performance was so precise, Dave was very much on top of his game and chock full of humorous Rothisms, I can't complain. Others have already commented about "Dance the Night Away" and it was really heartwarming. "Women in Love" was bizarre with the rant but whatever. One song that I don't think got enough attention was "Everybody Wants Some!!" The Rothisms in that were hilarious with the "Oh yeah" thing in the beginning, the "thunder and lightning" thing and then when Dave talked about 1982 and how good he looked. I thought the interaction between Dave and Ed was plentiful and genuine. They truly felt like a real band. As others said it was hot as hell in there but if Dave sings like THAT every night I'll gladly put up with it.

After the show Carmine and Ginny were understandably exhausted and went back to the hotel. The rest of us recovened for a half hour at Fat Dog's to put a little bowtie on great night. I had a shitty drive home in rain and traffic but couldn't care less. I can't get enough of VH and these meetups and I'm glad the good times will keep coming through the summer months. I'm already excited about Cleveland.
    I just watched that Dance The Night Away clip. That was pretty cool of Dave to acknowledge the kid in the front. Must be cool to see different generations of fans at your shows.

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-31-2018 @ 06:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

welcome back, Lou. which of us wasn't an asshole at 23? (or 39, as the case may be...)

After 6 shows on the last tour, I feel like a lightweight with only 2 so far compared to Lou, Carmine, VAiN and Momshell.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-20-2023 @ 05:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

And now the circle is complete.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by perrin29 View Post
    That was pretty cool of Dave to acknowledge the kid in the front. Must be cool to see different generations of fans at your shows.

Dave is quickly learning to endear himself to the audience with cool stuff like this ---- you aint gonna win 'em over with blower rants!

34. 5 users say thank you to TJMKID for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (04-23-2012),Momshell (04-23-2012),sadaist (04-23-2012),So this is love (04-23-2012),vandeleur (04-23-2012)

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 08:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave is quickly learning to endear himself to the audience with cool stuff like this ---- you aint gonna win 'em over with blower rants!

Beautiful man! Just BEAUTIFUL!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by private parts View Post
    Beautiful man! Just BEAUTIFUL!
    Yeah, isn't it?

That is my favorite song and by far the best one of the night from when I saw them in 2007. Love it! MORE MORE MORE!!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damngoodtimes View Post
    welcome back, Lou. which of us wasn't an asshole at 23? (or 39, as the case may be...)
    soon to be 44, checking in...

38. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

damngoodtimes (04-23-2012)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Hey, for anybody interested in a floor seat for the Charlotte show PM me. I'd rather hook up one of you crazy bastards than sell the damn thing to some stranger

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

That was so cool and a great version of dtna

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

That is great. Out of curiosity, for those of you with kids - how old would your kid have to be before you would consider taking them to a VH show?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    That is great. Out of curiosity, for those of you with kids - how old would your kid have to be before you would consider taking them to a VH show?
    I would first really make sure they're interested in seeing the show, and not basically dragging them there because Daddy wants you to see his favorite group...

As Poj and I were talking about after the show, we saw kids, with expensive floor seats, sitting down and texting while everyone around them was on their feet the whole show....

Secondly, you need to be aware of just how loud the show is.... To us, it's a great sound, but to a kid, that can be too much....

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

I would love to take my kids but do they need to see their father go apeshit crazy cos his band was on stage lol

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I would first really make sure they're interested in seeing the show, and not basically dragging them there because Daddy wants you to see his favorite group...

As Poj and I were talking about after the show, we saw kids, with expensive floor seats, sitting down and texting while everyone around them was on their feet the whole show....

Secondly, you need to be aware of just how loud the show is.... To us, it's a great sound, but to a kid, that can be too much....
    I agree. The only reason I am asking is because my 4-year-old daughter LOVES Van Halen and frankly I think she would have more fun at the show than my wife, who is not really a fan. Personally, I think 4 years old is probably too young for a show of this type but I'm just curious about how others see it.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2023 @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Welcome back, Lou...good to see ya, pal...

My Facebook page is ripe with fresh pictures from Greensboro...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    I agree. The only reason I am asking is because my 4-year-old daughter LOVES Van Halen and frankly I think she would have more fun at the show than my wife, who is not really a fan. Personally, I think 4 years old is probably too young for a show of this type but I'm just curious about how others see it.
    I think 4 is too young bro, even considering just the sound.... With earplugs, maybe....

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yep. That girl in the video was probably what... 7 or 8?

Thread Information