ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Light Em' Up! View Post
    He was invited by Sniper and I multiple times, however, he didn't have the balls to man up and come play over here....just spread his cancer all over the FB VH pages, and of course on Spammy's page
    Yeah, I was the first to invite Molly here. Funny, I was on Youtube today and almost replied "Molly, what are you doing off Spams FB page", but my battling days are over.

We used to have some pretty nasty flame wars here and at DDLR, so I know where Lou's coming from.

Damn glad to see the boy back. Yes, Lou, I've missed you.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

DDLR could be a tough place to hang. But the Army??? Man, when DDLR went down for good I was almost scared to come over here. This place definitely has mellowed. When I joined, back in '04, this place was as friendly as a prison riot But it's all good now.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    DDLR could be a tough place to hang. But the Army??? Man, when DDLR went down for good I was almost scared to come over here. This place definitely has mellowed. When I joined, back in '04, this place was as friendly as a prison riot But it's all good now.
    sounds like a compliment to me...

I miss these days a bit...but having the band back and a new album slows things down...we stay frosty...

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post
    wow...this girl is as much of an icon as Sir Warf..."this one's for you honey"...if some guy wants to date her one day she will say: "David Lee Roth sang Dance the Night Away for me...so give your best shot now, motherfucker!"
    Diamond Dave in Action.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

sounds like a compliment to me...

I miss these days a bit...but having the band back and a new album slows things down...we stay frosty...
    Hey dude, I agree. Let's see where everyone comes down on the line...Let's see who supports who and let's burn off the assholes who run around here posting their bullshit every day.

U.S.V.H. PRIME CHOICE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2013 @ 05:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    That is great. Out of curiosity, for those of you with kids - how old would your kid have to be before you would consider taking them to a VH show?
    Took our sons at 15 & 11 to 1st 2007 Anaheim show, the older wanted to use his 7 month away BDay present to go the 2nd night before Xmas that year.

I was 5th row next to ramp in front of Ed with pal while he was 10 yards away having a blast basking in VH joy closest tik we could get last minute. Point is these shows are PG at worst not NC17 like the Crazy Ol'Days....

U.S.V.H. PRIME CHOICE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Oh yeah... I'd also include the LAST Greensboro crowd in '07, that place was nuts...

Funny you mentioned "fortyish" and "tired"..... 'Cause my ass was exhausted after the show.... As soon as I laid down in the hotel, I was out....
    That was most pumped an older LA crowd gets anymore, certainly not as much as peeps mix at any Staples show. That is typical in a shed that has 1/2 crowds at events for all the wrong reasons for both concerts and sports. Many just to say they went or comped not knowing Shit about sports let alone VH. I still raise hell when at shows and your right afterwards its not the same game, pulling all nighters comes at at a price anymore.....well worth it in our 2012 Cyclone

Sinners Swing & Light Up the Sky for 6/1!

U.S.V.H. PRIME CHOICE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    Its not as loud as last tour imo..I remember my brain rattled at points in 07,,not at all this year
    Last Tour in SoCal had Anaheim shows louder than the Staples shows and concurred by Chip E. the Mother of Loud all the tour, San Diego. It was not only loud but kickass good time, know I have referred to it as the Party of CA run, great in every way with the attitude of '84 and before. That one had 2 day post show ringing and place 1/3 smaller, intimate size for here and much smaller than SDSA where shows are scarce anymore and used to play. New preference is wanting to be further back wherever best sound and best overall visual is. Been up front most of my VH/Dave days and when you compare how far away row 1 is from stage and highth of it, it's not even close to what front row was all about in the day....I'd be going in debt to get as close as possible if not experienced, just enjoy wide angle 40's vision ;-) and may do one close.

U.S.V.H. PRIME CHOICE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well shit. I really want to give this ticket to one of the members here. I swear, I never thought I'd be in the position to: A - Have a spare ticket to a Van Fucking Halen show; and B - not be able to find one taker on this website. Ah, the hell with it I'll just sell the damn thing on the street corner.
    Damn, would love to re visit Opener of last tour. Last minute flights are just wrong, can fly to Sweden for the price. Your gonna have a Blast!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2023 @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The show...a few personal details that the folks haven't said or the vids don't show...

We found our seats and I instantly got excited...8th row...My girlfriend said I was like a 13 year old with a new bike...

Kool and the Gang...if you've skipped this or don't plan to see them...change your mind...these guys really do put on a good show...a few of them are pushing 70 and I'll tell ya...when they Jungle Boogie...they drop the hammer. I've enjoyed them each time...great choice by Dave getting them out...

As they're readying the stage for VH, I walked back all of the 8 feet down the aisle to where Va and Pojo were...we're chattin it up a bit and the DDE rep walks up to say hello...nice lady...I had a few VIP'ers seated near me that had told me they'd sound checked As Is and Light Up The Sky again...So...given the opportunity to ask her, I did...and like Va said...I don't expect them in the set anytime soon...the band just likes playing them...but, me being ever the optimist, I think, if the band likes playing them then maybe that's an even better sign they MAY make the set list? Who knows...

The 3 of us continue talking...and then...there's that all familiar "squeal" from that guitar...

Va and Pojo are in row 14 in front of Ed on the aisle...I'm in row 8 in front of Dave on the aisle...easy access to each other...more on that later...

Unchained...It's intense...I'm thinking of Pojo and Va behind me shittin bricks...lmao...and I could just tell...Dave....Dave was ready...Runnin with the Devil...She's the Woman...yeah, I said to my girlfriend..."Holy Shit, Dave's on fire tonight!! He's shuckin' and jivin'..he's splittin' and kickin'...he's all over the stage...way more active tonight than I'd seen so far...

On the opening notes of Hear About it Later...I ran back those 6 rows to where the boys were...I had to give Va Beach a high five...he was waiting for this tune!

I said to Pojo, "Well?"...all I got from him was "Holy Fuck!!"...lmao...

The show highlights for me were Dance The Night Away and Ice Cream Man...

DTNA obviously because Dave did that story with the little girl up front "That kiss and this music is why you exist in the first place", sang to her while her little face was up on the screen...it was nice...

ICM...Dave really nailed the ending...he even had Alex laughing...just Dave being Dave...Alex has watched him do it for 40 years and to see that Dave still can make him laugh was cool...

Woman in Love and Outta Love Again....now remember, Pojo doesn't know shit...he has no idea these tunes are being played regularly...So, I made that 8 foot walk again and said to him "Did ya ever think you'd be hearing those 2 tunes tonight?"

another "Holy Fuck!"...

that sums up this show: HOLY FUCK...I can't say anymore...I'm very glad we made the haul down the coast for this one...

I do hope there's a DVD of this show...Lou recorded the audio and told me it sounded just as good as we thought it would...

Once again,Lou, Va Beach, Pojo, Warning, Sparky D and Tiki Tom we had a great time with all of you...

We're really looking forward to Cleveland...

HOLY FUCK...

11. 5 users say thank you to Carmine for this KICKASS post:

fifth element (04-26-2012),IceCreamBlondie (04-24-2012),Momshell (04-24-2012),vandeleur (04-24-2012),Zing! (04-24-2012)

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

so this is the official "HOLY FUCK"-Tour now?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/04/...reensboro.html

Van Halen plays Greensboro
    BY DAVID MENCONI - DMENCONI@NEWSOBSERVER.COM

GREENSBORO -- Let’s face it, David Lee Roth or Eddie Van Halen would drive you nuts if either of them were in your band. Between rampaging egomania, moody paranoia and high-strung personalities, it would be a nonstop dramafest every single day; kind of like the soap opera that Van Halen has been for the last 30-plus years.

Nevertheless, they need each other because whatever behind-the-scenes unpleasantries are involved, Van Halen’s onstage show is one of the best in the rock world. When it comes to good, stupid Y-chromosome fun, nobody brings it like the Roth model of Van Halen, which was on display Saturday night in Greensboro.

It was an entertaining couple of hours, even though they didn’t seem to be having a particularly good night. Eddie was actually (dare I say it) sloppy in spots. Roth managed to forget the words of “Dance the Night Away,” missing a verse completely. Alex Van Halen’s drum solo lasted three minutes and felt longer. And toward the end of “Pretty Woman,” they bricked a change so bad it made you wince.

But even not hitting on all cylinders, Van Halen puts on a pretty grand arena-rock party. The opening heartbeat-paced fanfare of “Runnin’ With the Devil” is so iconic, it’s hard to believe there was ever a time when it did not exist. “Devil” was song number two, and it killed.

Mostly, that was Eddie’s doing. The guy’s playing is a force of nature, and it seems to conjure up a huge serpentine beast come to devour the room. I’ve never heard any musician take up as much sonic space all by himself, a sound you have to hear live to full appreciate; I can only imagine it’s what Jimi Hendrix was like back in the day. “Guitar fireworks” is an overused term, but it definitely applied.

As for Roth, more than ever he comes across like your drunk uncle at a wedding reception – which was actually a lot more charming than it sounds. He’s not a great singer, but he’s a memorable one and a terrific showman. Wearing tight leather pants that left precious little to the imagination, he was gleefully, hilariously profane in word and gesture. And even pushing 60, he still pulled off the high leg kicks (though not quite as many as in his ’80s-vintage prime).

Saturday’s show commenced with an hour-long set by venerable r&b hitmakers Kool & the Gang, a seemingly curious opening-act choice. But they were good fun, 10-strong onstage, reminding everyone who they were with “Jungle Boogie,” “Too Hot” and of course “Celebration.” Unfortunately, the crowd stayed outside in droves, which was too bad for them.

“You didn’t know Kool & the Gang was a [expletive] religion to us, did you?!” Roth asked later.

Once Van Halen got going, they played two-dozen songs focused on the group’s early-’80s glory days. The four new songs from this year’s “A Different Kind of Truth” were somewhere between o.k. and meh, but those golden oldies are just as fierce as they ever were.

“Hot for Teacher,” “Panama” and “Beautiful Girls” rocked the noble-savage rock comedy just as hard as ever. And at the end, Eddie and Diamond Dave hugged.

Maybe they even meant it.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

so this is the official "HOLY FUCK"-Tour now?

You are correct, Sir!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2018 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Momshell View Post
    I'm really torn about my boys coming to a show. I told them if they play Jones Beach maybe, since the shows there seem a little more mellow in the outdoors. My youngest is 4, so he's definitely too young, although he always requests VH by name in the car. His favorite for years has been Sunday Afternoon in the Park - no idea why?! He also requests HAIL, Unchained, and RWTD. My middle one is 7 and I think he wants to go - he's been 'playing' ATBL on his electric guitar since he's 4, and had a VH cake and themed (EVH stripes) cupcakes for his 5th birthday. That one's gonna be a rockstar, I just know it. But I don't think he'll go without his older brother, my almost-9 year old who likes VH (listens to Little Guitars on his ipod all the time) but is super cautious (1st born) and doesn't want to go to a show. Now that I saw Dave's reaction to that little girl, I might have to bribe one of my boys to come and sit in front with me so I can get Dave's attention! Is that wrong?!
    It was a proud moment for me when my 9 yr old daughter was playing dj and picking VH tunes. She didn't know all of them but picked them by the titles so I had no idea what was coming. Unchained was chosen and I saw her starting to groove in the back seat. " Heyyy...I like this one" Very proud.

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-31-2018 @ 06:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

We should have that on the top banner of the site:

Roth Army - friendly as a prison riot.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damngoodtimes View Post
    We should have that on the top banner of the site:

Roth Army - friendly as a prison riot.
    VHlinks - gay as a fat fuck on a toilet seat

18. Thanked DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

NIN1211 (04-24-2012)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2021 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    Dave is quickly learning to endear himself to the audience with cool stuff like this ---- you aint gonna win 'em over with blower rants!

Speechless......the song...the little girl.....a gesture of kindness.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2013 @ 11:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks

It was heartwarming but then a few songs later he's yelling "fuck you" to the sound guy, so the family atmosphere didn't exactly last long

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

VHlinks - gay as a fat fuck on a toilet seat
    Wonder if that girl's dad realizes how very rare it is for Dave to do that - maybe unprecedented to acknowledge a little kid like that.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    Wonder if that girl's dad realizes how very rare it is for Dave to do that - maybe unprecedented to acknowledge a little kid like that.
    but thanks for quoting me...

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-25-2019 @ 12:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

How rare is it for a 9 year old to be in the front row though-so perhaps he never had the chance....?? It was super cute...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Awe, that is so sweet. My son was brought up on stage to dance at a Blues show I took him to see when he was a kid. He'll tell you it's one of his fondest childhood memories. Damn, Dave has so much fucking class!!!! LOVE IT!!!

25. 2 users say thank you to Angel for this KICKASS post:

fifth element (04-26-2012),katina (04-24-2012)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Damn, Dave has so much fucking class!!!! LOVE IT!!!
    People... let's not get carried away with this... wasn't Dave also making the microphone look like a boner during the same show?

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Damn Tapatalk. Now I'm quoting myself. I'll just shut up now.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 07:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    People... let's not get carried away with this... wasn't Dave also making the microphone look like a boner during the same show?
    yup..he was on a roll..Did a cool bit with an imaginary walker as well...did a few steps..looks up, shakes his head then proceeds to chuck the imaginary walker to the back of the stage..followed by back-to-back leg splits that went damn near all the way to the floor..

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    this year, lower bowl on Wolf's side wasn't bad in Buffalo. up in the rafters in Toronto i probably could have heard myself fart.
    Oh come on... you're just bragging...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2021 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loucap81 View Post
    It was heartwarming but then a few songs later he's yelling "fuck you" to the sound guy, so the family atmosphere didn't exactly last long
    Dave knows when to be kind, and knows well when to be very rude....in your face...and with much fucking class.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I prefer my celebrity crushes to be anti-children

32. Thanked Mr Walker for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (04-25-2012)

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-21-2015 @ 04:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
    We're really looking forward to Cleveland...
    Come to London, it's a Saturday too.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Although I never want a VH concert to turn into a G-rated kiddie show ---- it was pretty cool for Dave to shine a light on the Dad and his daughter.

Dave is a shrewd motherfucker ---- he knows this might end up on the official tour Blu-ray and endear himself to all the soccer Moms who stopped listening when Van Hagar broke up!

Fatten up those royalty checks, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    I prefer my celebrity crushes to be anti-children

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2013 @ 11:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey once they can't tour anymore they need a whole new generation of fans to get hooked on them and keep buying the merchandise. How many generations of fans are buying U2 and Rolling Stones stuff; I'm sure many.

U.S.V.H. PRIME CHOICE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

forgotten attachement for reply of front row Old School.....Forum - Sept 1982 Cannon A-1 fired off shot during encore with last hidden roll not confiscated 2X earlier......

Momshell, U like this Shit Don't You?

37. 6 users say thank you to VAN HLN CA for this KICKASS post:

fifth element (04-26-2012),Momshell (04-24-2012),Sensible Shoes (04-24-2012),SparkieD (04-24-2012),TJMKID (04-25-2012),Zempi (04-24-2012)

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Shoes likes it too! (drool)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-28-2020 @ 03:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by van hln CA View Post
    forgotten attachement for reply of front row Old School.....Forum - Sept 1982 Cannon A-1 fired off shot during encore with last hidden roll not confiscated 2X earlier......

HOLY SHIT!!!! That's really all I can say......and thanks, now I won't be able to get to sleep tonight!!!

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    12-10-2014 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Roth2012.jpg
    Cool goggles
    Somewhere I have the cartoon drawing with the goggles.
    I have it printed, but can't find the digital.

Spark on the Horizon!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 10:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by van hln CA View Post

Mmm hmmm, Sparkie likey!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guwapo_rocker View Post
    Come to London, it's a Saturday too.
    I can't bro...I'll be in Indy with my son at the Junior Golds Tournament...

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    Dave is quickly learning to endear himself to the audience with cool stuff like this ---- you aint gonna win 'em over with blower rants!

Excellent performance but Dave still needs to rein himself in from those higher registers. No reason to be up there, especially when it's not that way on the studio recording.

He has nothing left to prove.

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-31-2018 @ 06:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

shit, we've lost pojo again!! waiting on pins and needles for the rest of the review...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Am I to understand that there was no after-party?

Thread Information