• Apr 2010

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
    So you've seen them play?
    Van Halen or your kids soccer team?

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

the soccer team, man. I gotta assume you've seen VH.

Funny thing is...I never even played soccer growing up, but I sort of rescued the team last season after the old coach bailed (typical overbearing parent bullshit). The poor kids hadn't even won a game before the tourney; I got 'em to win a few games and got drafted for this year.

I'd think about skipping the game, but I just gave the kid the old lecture about honoring your commitments, etc, etc. Gotta set that example. But also gotta get in a VH roadtrip, so that's why I bought my Louisville ticket today.

Shit, enough about parenting and soccer and other shit that reminds me that i'm old. Back to the Greensboro topic, change me to a definite maybe.
      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Don't even get me started on this...

I had a long-ass debate with my wife about why both of my kids should be going to this show with me (they are all of 7 and 9). She says no way...and I say it may be the last time they get a chance, knowing this band.

The kids and I sat around yesterday afternoon watching tattoo and some other videos...

Ahhh...to create classic VH fans...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Let's see if we can get a headcount:

VA
          Pojo
          Fairwrning
          damngoodtimes
          RBW (?)

MAYBE
          Sparkie
          BITEYOASS
          Icoke

Sure seems there were more than that...
          I was at the Greensboro meetup - nice to see I made a memorable impression

You can up me down as a maaaaybe for either Greensboro or Charlotte since I'll be traversing Florida the week before, but I sure would love to catch up with you all again!
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            The kids and I sat around yesterday afternoon watching tattoo and some other videos...

My 9 year old daughter has been singing Tattoo for days now, love it!!
            WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
              I was at the Greensboro meetup - nice to see I made a memorable impression

You can up me down as a maaaaybe for either Greensboro or Charlotte since I'll be traversing Florida the week before, but I sure would love to catch up with you all again!
              Where did you say that you were coming THIS time ??

That's where that list came from.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

I had a long-ass debate with my wife about why both of my kids should be going to this show with me (they are all of 7 and 9). She says no way...and I say it may be the last time they get a chance, knowing this band.

I asked my son, but he declined....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

How come?
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

How come?
                    Well, he won't admit it, especially around his friends, but he had a great time in the 6th row at UVA....

But I just think while he had a good time, it's gonna be a one-time (actually twice, in NJ also) shot....

He'll probably be playing ball that day anyway....

Comment

• VAiN
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Where did you say that you were coming THIS time ??

That's where that list came from.....
                      Ahh, my bad. Once again reading comprehension owns me... I thought it was a list from last time. You must forgive me, I'm half retarded.

But yeah, I'd love to catch up, but I don't know if it's do-able..
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

No peer pressure or anything...

ya fucking pussy...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Ahh, my bad. Once again reading comprehension owns me... I thought it was a list from last time. You must forgive me, I'm half retarded.

You still with the same girl?

You out-kicked your coverage with her, bro....

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Take 'em, pojo. I took the son to the Atlanta show in 08, when he was 7. He had a blast. Actually, the best one was a Roth show in Orlando, when the kid was only 5. All the people near us were astonished that this kid knew all the words. Shit, I'm already starting to lose him; he's getting up to that age where his Dad's music isn't cool anymore.
                            David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                            — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• VAiN
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

You still with the same girl?

You out-kicked your coverage with her, bro....
                              No, she's the one that got away... It's been almost 3 years now. Sad, really... it became long distance when she went to get her PhD and I couldn't sell/rent/give away my condo and it fell apart - what can ya do? Now I'm bored and old...

But thanks for bringing it up, jackass!
                              Last edited by VAiN; 01-17-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Little bastard! Throw him out of the house immediately.

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...