Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

LOL, basically Greensboro consists of the University of North Carolina/Greensboro, the Greensboro Coliseum, and, and, that's it....

It just so happens that for the 2nd tour in a row, VH has played there on a Saturday night, hence the meetups.....

Capacity-wise, the Coliseum can hold a couple thousand more for your normal concert than most arenas....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

North Carolina has always been an interesting slot for bands to come and play. Between Raleigh, Charlotte and right here in good ole' Raleigh...every major act comes and plays. I saw the Stones at Wallace Wade at Duke in 2005, and saw U2 at Carter Finley in Raleigh in 2009...

To go along with a bunch of other shows at Greensboro, RBC and the outdoor venues around...

But Greensboro is probably the one place most all bands hit for indoor shows...partially because of the size...and partially because of the promotors...

Strange shit indeed...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

The crowds in Greensboro are ALWAYS great..and it holds 21,000 I think..more than Charlotte

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Looks like Jan 28th...week from tomorrow..for general public

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Can't make it to Greensboro since Nashville is half the drive.

Comment

• Junglestud
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Jan 2004

I just won tickets today for the greensboro show, thank you 96.3 WROV, more money for beer!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Junglestud
                I just won tickets today for the greensboro show, thank you 96.3 WROV, more money for beer!
                lucky bastard...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

After going through various options I've come to the conclusion that if I do go to a gig on this tour it will be this one.

Very far from definite at the moment maybe 40% but I have worked out a way to do it if things line up right...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Sorry, but Greensboro has a strict No-Scot rule....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If it happens then we'll be partying like you are back in the Far East whether you like it or not while apparently Pojo will be at the petting fucking zoo or swing park or something.

WTF?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What's the weather like in Greensboro in April?

I take it I can come in national dress, a kilt with no underwear, galoshes and a t-shirt?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          After going through various options I've come to the conclusion that if I do go to a gig on this tour it will be this one.

Very far from definite at the moment maybe 40% but I have worked out a way to do it if things line up right...
                          that would be fucking epic...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

What's the weather like in Greensboro in April?

I take it a kilt with no underwear, galoshes and a t-shirt should be fine?
                            That's generally my outfit...well...minus the kilt...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

If it happens then we'll be partying like you are back in the Far East whether you like it or not while apparently Pojo will be at the petting fucking zoo or swing park or something.

WTF?
                              None of that shit...but I may be talking to Santa Clause...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Now we definitely need to add Icon to this equation...

Comment

Working...