X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Official 4/19 Atlanta Meetup/Review Thread

Welcome to the Official 4/19 Atlanta Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

I'm in!!!!
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

I'll fuckin' be there, fo sho'. Just trying to decide which other shows...
      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Prothro
        Groupie
        • Nov 2005

I'll be there !

Comment

• Bowanna
          Full On Cocktard
          • Mar 2004

my wife has advertising friends in ATL... She's trying to get a minivacation together... we'll see if it happens. I know there are a few great tap houses in town... meet and greet would be fun.

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

I got my tickets yesterday!
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

It looks like the restaurant sandwiched between Phillips Arena and the Mariott is not Jock and Jill's anymore. Is it open now and what is it? That is the perfect spot for a meet up.

Comment

• JenniferM
                Roadie
                • Feb 2004

My son and I just got our tickets! Keep us posted on a meet!!! Who else is going?
                "Why behave in public if you're livin' on a playground?"

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

there are two sports bars attached to the CNN Center/Philips Arena complex. One is Taco Mac and the other is called Dantana's. Taco Mac is traditional bar food (wings, burgers, etc); Dantana's is a bit more upscale. Just a couple blocks north on Marietta street is another spot called Stats, where they bring a mini-keg to your table.

I'm bringing my 11-year old kid, so I don't know if I'll be joining in the pregame festivities or not. If someone sets up a preshow hang though, we might stop by.
                  David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                  — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Prothro
                    Groupie
                    • Nov 2005

Got my tickets in yesterday "section 116" . Cant wait to get a good beer buzz before the show.

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

Section 312, row S and I'm voting for Taco Mac if we are taking a poll.

Comment

• JenniferM
                        Roadie
                        • Feb 2004

I know we have floor seats, but I can't remember which section. Not as close as I'd like, but close enough!! My son is so pumped! He plays guitar and Eddie is one of his heroes. I know this will be the best concert he'll ever see or hear. He wants to meet him, but I told him the odds of that are astronomical. It's okay....he'll be thrilled just to see and hear him play. (Yes, I've raised my kids right....Van Halen all the way!)
                        Taco Mac sounds fine to me. We just need to figure out a time. Can't wait to meet all of you!
                        "Why behave in public if you're livin' on a playground?"

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

My seats aren't all that great. I had a code for the Phillips Arena presale and I guess by that time all the good floor seats were gone, all that was left was in the back corner, so I decided against that. If I could have been in one of the front two sections or on the first level up from the stage I would have spent the extra cash. We sat in roughly the same spot a couple of years ago to see Def Leppard and it wasn't so bad.

Comment

• heartbreaker
                            Groupie
                            • Feb 2004

I'll be there in Section 104, Row D with my new gf. She had the misfortune of attending the Van hagar reunion in 2004 and she thought it sucked. It's time for some Diamond-style cleansing!

Comment

• abecar9
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Mar 2012

ready

Bought tickets the day they went on sale and can't wait till Atl,Ga show. reading from VHND the shows have been great....

Comment

Working...