Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwc
    Groupie
    • Feb 2004

Here are a few vids that I took last night...

STW: http://youtu.be/TDXb4aqoh8k
    HAIL: http://youtu.be/umPw9YlwaOg
    OOLA: http://youtu.be/Dpxi0syRBJ4

Comment

• gbranton
      Veteran
      • Aug 2005

I had to share this. The wife is not a Van Halen fan on the same level that we are, probably a much more of a typical fan. We were reviewing and sharing thoughts about the show and she said one of the things she was most impressed with were the vocal harmonies. She and her coworkers had discussed the show beforehand and the consensus was that they wouldn't sound all that great live, now she says "Michael WHO???" It was her first VH concert. She also thought Dave, Eddie and Al were all fantastic and was very impressed by the show. She said nobody is a better guitarist than EVH and nobody is a better front man than DLR.
      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
        I had to share this. The wife is not a Van Halen fan on the same level that we are, probably a much more of a typical fan. We were reviewing and sharing thoughts about the show and she said one of the things she was most impressed with were the vocal harmonies. She and her coworkers had discussed the show beforehand and the consensus was that they wouldn't sound all that great live, now she says "Michael WHO???" It was her first VH concert. She also thought Dave, Eddie and Al were all fantastic and was very impressed by the show. She said nobody is a better guitarist than EVH and nobody is a better front man than DLR.

Your wife's epiphany is exactly the reason we need a federal law requiring every man, woman, and child to attend a Roth VH show ---- it would finally crush the Lil Wayne/Lady Gaga-ization of music and bring back the good times just like the Mighty Halen did in the late 70's.

"There's a little Van Halen in everybody ---- we just try to bring it out"
        --- DLR

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

It's really funny how fast your ear becomes accustomed to hearing the CVH songs without Mikey screaming like he jerked up his zipper while his nutsack was still hangin' out. I'll be the first to admit it - for years I couldn't imagine Van Halen without Mikey. But when you listen back to the old live boots...it's kinda jarring to hear him screaming over Dave's vocals. I'm not knocking Mikey or his contribution to the band, but damn, it just sounds better now to my ear. Yes, I said it.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

That makes me think of the 2 kids beside me in 07/08. One was telling the other that he saw VH in 04. I butted in and said, that wasn't VH, it was Van Hagar. The kid looked at me strange, and said "your one of those". I said one of what? He said "one of those fans that have nothing to do with Sam". I said that's right, Dave or the Grave.

His friend goes "I don't get it...isn't it all about Eddie?". I said "no, it's about Dave AND Eddie...you'll understand soon".

The end of the show they were both fucking VIBRATING. One said "NOW I get it", the other said "you're right, that wasn't Van Halen I saw before" and then yelled "Dave or the Grave, woohoo".

That was one of the highlights of the night for me...
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Listen to this...take a pull from your favorite bottle or a hit from your favorite smoke...and tell me how it's all about Eddie...Is it? Is it really??? Don't you feel it? Isn't it all about Dave, Ed and Al cranking this shit up to 11??? Ah yeah...that's what I'm talkin' about...

Last edited by DONNIEP; 04-21-2012, 03:07 AM.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Momshell
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                It's really funny how fast your ear becomes accustomed to hearing the CVH songs without Mikey screaming like he jerked up his zipper while his nutsack was still hangin' out. I'll be the first to admit it - for years I couldn't imagine Van Halen without Mikey. But when you listen back to the old live boots...it's kinda jarring to hear him screaming over Dave's vocals. I'm not knocking Mikey or his contribution to the band, but damn, it just sounds better now to my ear. Yes, I said it.
                I agree! It's definitely more noticeable in the old live stuff or even some of the demos. Listening to the new live stuff....the harmonies sound perfect to me. Was initially sad about MA, especially on the last tour, but now, he's not even a thought in my mind.
                Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Momshell
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  Listen to this...take a pull from your favorite bottle or a hit from your favorite smoke...and tell me how it's all about Eddie...Is it? Is it really??? Don't you feel it? Isn't it all about Dave, Ed and Al cranking this shit up to 11??? Ah yeah...that's what I'm talkin' about...

I LOVE that Largo show - have that on DVD. Used to watch it with my kids, especially Little Guitars. That was my kids' fave song for a while cause of that video. They used to imitate the part at the end with Eddie and Dave running back and forth - my middle one even had Eddie's slide down! For me it's always been about Dave and Eddie, in that order. When I saw Dave solo I have to say I missed Eddie less than I missed Dave when seeing VanHagar. Dave solo was a fun show regardless. Van Hagar was really intollerable to me. Not trying to take away from Eddie's brilliance - just saying for me, it is and has always been about Dave. Guess that's why I'm here
                  Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

The quote of the night for me was during Panama. Dave grabbed himself and said "little Elvis is feeling strong tonight."

Wow. Van Halen was on fire and Dave was on top of his game. His voice sounded spectacular. Overrall performance of the band beat the last tour hands down.
                    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• SlayersRage
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Angel
                      That makes me think of the 2 kids beside me in 07/08. One was telling the other that he saw VH in 04. I butted in and said, that wasn't VH, it was Van Hagar. The kid looked at me strange, and said "your one of those". I said one of what? He said "one of those fans that have nothing to do with Sam". I said that's right, Dave or the Grave.

His friend goes "I don't get it...isn't it all about Eddie?". I said "no, it's about Dave AND Eddie...you'll understand soon".

The end of the show they were both fucking VIBRATING. One said "NOW I get it", the other said "you're right, that wasn't Van Halen I saw before" and then yelled "Dave or the Grave, woohoo".

That was one of the highlights of the night for me...
                      haha, YES! Great!
                      You guys are really getting me excited for this tour, just sucks I have to wait until August...
                      5/25/03 - Anderson,SC (DLR Solo)
                      9/27/07 - Charlotte,NC
                      8/10/12 - Greenville,SC

Comment

• qikgts
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by rwc
                        Here are a few vids that I took last night...

STW: http://youtu.be/TDXb4aqoh8k
                        HAIL: http://youtu.be/umPw9YlwaOg
                        OOLA: http://youtu.be/Dpxi0syRBJ4
                        That version of HAIL kicked major ASS!!!
                        You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

I want to give some props to Kool and the Gang also. Those guys kicked ass. Some of those old dudes were throwing down. They were professional to the tee and they had their shit down solid. The guy that sings for their former lead singer who everyone identifies as their voice sounded great. He was pretty close to sounding just like the guy. I hate that Kool won't be playing with them in Birmingham. Having seen Marley with VH on the last tour, i would say that Kool brings you more for your money and gets the crowd pretty partied up prior to the boys coming on.
                          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...