• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
    Has he requested his identity remain secret? Why is everyone being cryptic about him? Everyone who knows who he is knows who you are talking about.
    yes...or maybe. or not. i cun't remember.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• perrin29
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Momshell
      Check out this awesome Full Bug from last night.
      Ha ha. A little free-style I'm The One at the breakdown.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
          Has he requested his identity remain secret? Why is everyone being cryptic about him? Everyone who knows who he is knows who you are talking about.
          Lou's recording of last night's show sounds excellent!

Comment

• Carmine
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Back home in Oz...what a trip...Momshell, Frying Dutchman and Family (all badass lookin..the whole family decked out in VH T-Shirts), Fourthcoming, Fwacf and Donna, Mambo Slammer, my boy Buck Picasso and *** (haha)...Roth Army meet-ups are the shit! I've made some fantastic and life-long friends on this board over the past 8 years and you all are good people!! I had a fantastic time last night, it was great to meet you all!!

What a show! I said it last night, I've seen Van Halen 8 times and I've never heard or seen Eddie play better...he was 110% on fire, all night. He played those parts of Eruption during his solo at about 1000 miles an hour, seriously, he just smoked it! He played each song album perfect...after about 5 songs in...I focused right on Ed for the rest of the night...I was in awe...he was full of energy. he fucked around on Dave's dance floor a few times, he jumped, he whaled, he shredded...He's Fuckin' Eddie Van Halen, bitch!

Dave was also very energetic...I counted 4 kicks that got good air, he sounded great..but goddamn, he butchered some songs with the lyrics!! Outta Love Again was so bad, I actually turned to my girlfriend laughing and said " I think Dave's singing a different fucking song!!

Lmfao...Roth and Roll...

I read that review that Va Beach put up...there was a guy one row behind me that was hittin' a joint the size of a whiffle ball bat...that guy must have written that review...because to think any different that last nights show didn't kick ass...you had to be higher than a kite...

Fuck 28 years, Fuck that they're 50ish, Fuck that Wolfgang replaced Mike...I'd put the Van Halen of today up against any band out there...these guys bring a pulse pounding show every night...Like Dave said before....This ain't rockers with walkers...this is VAN HALEN!!

and, he aint lyin'...

(there's a boatlaod of pictures on my Facebook page)
            Last edited by Carmine; 03-25-2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Zempi
              Roadie
              • Mar 2012

Wow I just got 'home' to Philly from AC and have not even read all of the posts! I could not read on my bberry due to tapatalk app? Strange but anyway I am here now..

The only person I was able to say 'hi' to was Momshell during the break between Cool and VH.. Cute sweet girl! We got to the show after Kool and Gang started so we missed whatever gathering happened. I am wondering how to get a Rotharmy shirt? I used to be over at DDLR but over here is new for me. That shirt t is the only reason I found Momshell!

I have to say I absolutely had a fantastic time last night. The show was BETTER than the word GREAT.. I love seeing a show at that Boardwalk Hall. I am lucky that all of you pros got great recordings/photos because to tell you the truth this time I did not use my camera much at all! That started because for some reason perhaps I was in some lighting, but I was just simply not getting good pics and I have a decent camera. So I just stopped to enjoy...I actually enjoyed the show without that worry for most of the night! The band was awesome. ALL OF THEM! I never get sick of seeing them. We were in Sec 122..Momshell too!

I met a guy who brought his son on a plane from VA as a surprise bday gift to see EVH because the 13 yo just started to learn guitar and showed his dad a VH CD... They flew in. AWESOME!

The only thing that I wanted to add was that maybe DLR was not feeling so well. Anyone else think so? I thought he was physically great (kicks, splits, etc) but at times his voice was really hoarse so I thought maybe he was under the weather slightly. Of course that is not a complaint...just something I am wondering to myself. I also thought compared to other shows he seemed a bit less interactive with the crowd than his 'norm'...

I wish I had that AC show to look forward to this weekend....It is depressing not to have it..

However, I have tix to READING tomorrow night...6th ROW Center..I am psyched for this! I have never had seats so good as hopefully tomorrow is... Momshell you still have time!!

Plesae let me know about those shirts! I actually feel like going to another show in a fun city!!! Anyway, I will be back on in an hour or so to read all of the posts/reviews/pics!

Cheers to a great night I am sure we all had! That was the first venue where I saw the MENS bathroom line longer than the ladies room!
              Last edited by Zempi; 03-25-2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

The icon to order the shirts is on top of every page. Just click it.

Oh dear.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Carmine
                  Back home in Oz...what a trip...Momshell, Frying Dutchman and Family (all badass lookin..the whole family decked out in VH T-Shirts), Fourthcoming, Fwacf and Donna, Mambo Slammer, my boy Buck Picasso and *** (haha)...Roth Army meet-ups are the shit! I've made some fantastic and life-long friends on this board over the past 8 years and you all are good people!! I had a fantastic time last night, it was great to meet you all!!

What a show! I said it last night, I've seen Van Halen 8 times and I've never heard or seen Eddie play better...he was 110% on fire, all night. He played those parts of Eruption during his solo at about 1000 miles an hour, seriously, he just smoked it! He played each song album perfect...after about 5 songs in...I focused right on Ed for the rest of the night...I was in awe...he was full of energy. he fucked around on Dave's dance floor a few times, he jumped, he whaled, he shredded...He's Fuckin' Eddie Van Halen, bitch!

Dave was also very energetic...I counted 4 kicks that got good air, he sounded great..but goddamn, he butchered some songs with the lyrics!! Outta Love Again was so bad, I actually turned to my girlfriend laughing and said " I think Dave's singing a different fucking song!!

Lmfao...Roth and Roll...

I read that review that Va Beach put up...there was a guy one row behind me that was hittin' a joint the size of a whiffle ball bat...that guy must have written that review...because to think any different that last nights show didn't kick ass...you had to be higher than a kite...

Fuck 28 years, Fuck that they're 50ish, Fuck that Wolfgang replaced Mike...I'd put the Van Halen of today up against any band out there...these guys bring a pulse pounding show every night...Like Dave said before....This ain't rockers with walkers...this is VAN HALEN!!

and, he aint lyin'...

(there's a boatlaod of pictures on my Facebook page)
                  Everything Carmine said times 10!!

Eddie was absolutely unbelievable. Lookin' great in all black....a much better overall look than some of the other outfits from this tour. But this isn't a fucking fashion review....

He shredded all night, and during the solo I looked over at my 12 year old son and the look on his face was priceless. Eyes wide....mouth hanging open, it was funny! Eddie still has it and is quite possibly better than ever. Ended the solo with a "flying Eddie" scissor kick that got some nice air.

Dave sounded great (butchered lyrics aside...even my kid pointed out some really glaring fuckups) and is definitely singing smarter, not harder as the tour progresses.

Getting "Outta Love Again" was a great treat.

A great night in Atlantic City...and getting to meet Carmine, Momshell, fourthcoming, and Lou was icing on the cake!

Long live Van Halen and David Lee Roth!
                  Originally posted by perilouspete
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Zing!
                    Ten bucks says the guy that wrote that review wore a Spammy era ringed VH shirt to the show.
                    There was some huge chick in front of us sporting one of those shirts...I wanted to throw her over the fucking balcony but I don't think I could have lifted her.
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Momshell posted a couple of "afterthoughs" a page or two back and one just struck me too....

Dave didn't have a single wardrobe change all night. No matador jackets or anything.

Again, not a big deal and no impact on the show...but it's just a little strange considering what he's done in other cities.

Comment

• Carmine
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

3 times at the show...I get a text...first from Momshell...it says..."look behind you and a little right"...boom, there she is...10 feet away...the 2nd, from Dutch...it says " I see you"...I respond, with "where you at?", Dutch says "look left, up in the balcony!", I look up and left and there's this crazy mo'fo, waving his arms...lmao...Dude, your family rocks..everybody looked great in the VH shirts and your kids looked super excited!! The 3rd text was from Mambo Slammer Casalad...it said "Stand up, show yourself!", I respond, I'm 14th row, Ed's side...where are you?" I get back "5th row, Wolf's side, blue shirt", I look over...there he is, fist up...we walked around the floor for a handshake before VH started...

Ya just gotta love technology...

Once again...it was great to meet all of you...I just hope they add more dates and we get to do it again!!

COME ON, CLEVELAND!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                          There was some huge chick in front of us sporting one of those shirts...I wanted to throw her over the fucking balcony but I don't think I could have lifted her.
                          This seems to be a theme among female Hagar fans.

At the Sammy and Dave tour during Hagar's set he had a little bleacher onstage for some of his 'lucky' fans and I only hung around for a few songs of his set because I was sure it was going to collapse under the weight.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Don't think I saw the "consolidated" setlist posted yet, but if it was, I'm sorry for the dupe.

My son kept the log all night and wanted to see his work on the web....so, courtesy of my son's iPod....

Unchained
                            Runnin' with the Devil
                            She’s The Woman
                            The Full Bug
                            Tattoo
                            Everybody Wants Some!
                            Somebody Get Me A Doctor
                            China Town
                            Hear About It Later
                            Pretty Woman
                            Alex solo
                            You Really Got Me
                            The Trouble With Never
                            Dance the Night Away
                            I’ll Wait
                            Hot for Teacher
                            Women In Love
                            Outta Love Again
                            Beautiful Girls
                            Ice Cream Man
                            Panama
                            Ed solo
                            Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
                            Jump

Mad props to Momshell for posting the setlist "as it happened."
                            Last edited by fryingdutchman; 03-26-2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

Don't think I saw the "consolidated" setlist posted yet, but if it was, I'm sorry for the dupe.

My son kept the log all night and wanted to see his work on the web....so, courtesy of my son's iPod...."
                              Priceless. You're raising him well.

My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

My son kept the log all night and wanted to see his work on the web....so, courtesy of my son's iPod....

Unchained
                                Runnin' with the Devil
                                She’s The Woman
                                The Full Bug
                                Tattoo
                                Everybody Wants Some!
                                Somebody Get Me A Doctor
                                China Town
                                Hear About It Later
                                Pretty Woman
                                Alex solo
                                You Really Got Me
                                The Trouble With Never
                                Dance the Night Away
                                I’ll Wait
                                Hot for Teacher
                                Women In Love
                                Outta Love Again
                                Beautiful Girls
                                Ice Cream Man
                                Panama
                                Ed solo
                                Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
                                Jump

Mad props to Momshell for posting the setlist "as it happened."
                                Right before the Van Halen set started an enormous gentleman sat down in the seat next to me... he jotted the entire setlist down with a pen and one of those little wire bound memo pads... strange.

Comment

Working...