Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Official 3/24 Atlantic City Meetup/Review Thread

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-28-2020 @ 03:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Check out this awesome Full Bug from last night.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 2 users say thank you to Momshell for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (03-26-2012),Zing! (03-27-2012)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-28-2020 @ 03:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Beautiful Girls....splits start at 1:56

4. Thanked Momshell for this KICKASS post:

Catfish (03-26-2012)

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Dave can kick me anytime.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

duplicate post - sorry

fourthcoming

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-06-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    All these rabid female VH fans ---- raping Dave with their eyes ---- I feel bad for the guy
    Trust me. It's rough.

fourthcoming

10. Thanked fourthcoming for this KICKASS post:

Momshell (03-25-2012)

fourthcoming

12. Thanked fourthcoming for this KICKASS post:

Matt White (03-26-2012)

fourthcoming

fourthcoming

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFoolsAMinute View Post
    Has he requested his identity remain secret? Why is everyone being cryptic about him? Everyone who knows who he is knows who you are talking about.
    yes...or maybe. or not. i cun't remember.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2018 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Momshell View Post
    Check out this awesome Full Bug from last night.
    Ha ha. A little free-style I'm The One at the breakdown.

fourthcoming

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFoolsAMinute View Post
    Has he requested his identity remain secret? Why is everyone being cryptic about him? Everyone who knows who he is knows who you are talking about.
    Lou's recording of last night's show sounds excellent!

19. 2 users say thank you to Mr Walker for this KICKASS post:

Matt White (03-26-2012),TwoFoolsAMinute (03-25-2012)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2023 @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Back home in Oz...what a trip...Momshell, Frying Dutchman and Family (all badass lookin..the whole family decked out in VH T-Shirts), Fourthcoming, Fwacf and Donna, Mambo Slammer, my boy Buck Picasso and *** (haha)...Roth Army meet-ups are the shit! I've made some fantastic and life-long friends on this board over the past 8 years and you all are good people!! I had a fantastic time last night, it was great to meet you all!!

What a show! I said it last night, I've seen Van Halen 8 times and I've never heard or seen Eddie play better...he was 110% on fire, all night. He played those parts of Eruption during his solo at about 1000 miles an hour, seriously, he just smoked it! He played each song album perfect...after about 5 songs in...I focused right on Ed for the rest of the night...I was in awe...he was full of energy. he fucked around on Dave's dance floor a few times, he jumped, he whaled, he shredded...He's Fuckin' Eddie Van Halen, bitch!

Dave was also very energetic...I counted 4 kicks that got good air, he sounded great..but goddamn, he butchered some songs with the lyrics!! Outta Love Again was so bad, I actually turned to my girlfriend laughing and said " I think Dave's singing a different fucking song!!

Lmfao...Roth and Roll...

I read that review that Va Beach put up...there was a guy one row behind me that was hittin' a joint the size of a whiffle ball bat...that guy must have written that review...because to think any different that last nights show didn't kick ass...you had to be higher than a kite...

Fuck 28 years, Fuck that they're 50ish, Fuck that Wolfgang replaced Mike...I'd put the Van Halen of today up against any band out there...these guys bring a pulse pounding show every night...Like Dave said before....This ain't rockers with walkers...this is VAN HALEN!!

and, he aint lyin'...

(there's a boatlaod of pictures on my Facebook page)
    Last edited by Carmine; 03-25-2012 at 07:32 PM.

21. 6 users say thank you to Carmine for this KICKASS post:

fwacf (03-26-2012),Momshell (03-25-2012),Mrkramer (03-26-2012),vandeleur (03-26-2012),Zing! (03-25-2012)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-25-2019 @ 12:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Wow I just got 'home' to Philly from AC and have not even read all of the posts! I could not read on my bberry due to tapatalk app? Strange but anyway I am here now..

The only person I was able to say 'hi' to was Momshell during the break between Cool and VH.. Cute sweet girl! We got to the show after Kool and Gang started so we missed whatever gathering happened. I am wondering how to get a Rotharmy shirt? I used to be over at DDLR but over here is new for me. That shirt t is the only reason I found Momshell!

I have to say I absolutely had a fantastic time last night. The show was BETTER than the word GREAT.. I love seeing a show at that Boardwalk Hall. I am lucky that all of you pros got great recordings/photos because to tell you the truth this time I did not use my camera much at all! That started because for some reason perhaps I was in some lighting, but I was just simply not getting good pics and I have a decent camera. So I just stopped to enjoy...I actually enjoyed the show without that worry for most of the night! The band was awesome. ALL OF THEM! I never get sick of seeing them. We were in Sec 122..Momshell too!

I met a guy who brought his son on a plane from VA as a surprise bday gift to see EVH because the 13 yo just started to learn guitar and showed his dad a VH CD... They flew in. AWESOME!

The only thing that I wanted to add was that maybe DLR was not feeling so well. Anyone else think so? I thought he was physically great (kicks, splits, etc) but at times his voice was really hoarse so I thought maybe he was under the weather slightly. Of course that is not a complaint...just something I am wondering to myself. I also thought compared to other shows he seemed a bit less interactive with the crowd than his 'norm'...

I wish I had that AC show to look forward to this weekend....It is depressing not to have it..

However, I have tix to READING tomorrow night...6th ROW Center..I am psyched for this! I have never had seats so good as hopefully tomorrow is... Momshell you still have time!!

Plesae let me know about those shirts! I actually feel like going to another show in a fun city!!! Anyway, I will be back on in an hour or so to read all of the posts/reviews/pics!

Cheers to a great night I am sure we all had! That was the first venue where I saw the MENS bathroom line longer than the ladies room!
    Last edited by Zempi; 03-25-2012 at 07:59 PM.

23. Thanked Zempi for this KICKASS post:

Momshell (03-25-2012)

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The icon to order the shirts is on top of every page. Just click it.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
    Back home in Oz...what a trip...Momshell, Frying Dutchman and Family (all badass lookin..the whole family decked out in VH T-Shirts), Fourthcoming, Fwacf and Donna, Mambo Slammer, my boy Buck Picasso and *** (haha)...Roth Army meet-ups are the shit! I've made some fantastic and life-long friends on this board over the past 8 years and you all are good people!! I had a fantastic time last night, it was great to meet you all!!

What a show! I said it last night, I've seen Van Halen 8 times and I've never heard or seen Eddie play better...he was 110% on fire, all night. He played those parts of Eruption during his solo at about 1000 miles an hour, seriously, he just smoked it! He played each song album perfect...after about 5 songs in...I focused right on Ed for the rest of the night...I was in awe...he was full of energy. he fucked around on Dave's dance floor a few times, he jumped, he whaled, he shredded...He's Fuckin' Eddie Van Halen, bitch!

Dave was also very energetic...I counted 4 kicks that got good air, he sounded great..but goddamn, he butchered some songs with the lyrics!! Outta Love Again was so bad, I actually turned to my girlfriend laughing and said " I think Dave's singing a different fucking song!!

Lmfao...Roth and Roll...

I read that review that Va Beach put up...there was a guy one row behind me that was hittin' a joint the size of a whiffle ball bat...that guy must have written that review...because to think any different that last nights show didn't kick ass...you had to be higher than a kite...

Fuck 28 years, Fuck that they're 50ish, Fuck that Wolfgang replaced Mike...I'd put the Van Halen of today up against any band out there...these guys bring a pulse pounding show every night...Like Dave said before....This ain't rockers with walkers...this is VAN HALEN!!

and, he aint lyin'...

(there's a boatlaod of pictures on my Facebook page)
    Everything Carmine said times 10!!

Eddie was absolutely unbelievable. Lookin' great in all black....a much better overall look than some of the other outfits from this tour. But this isn't a fucking fashion review....

He shredded all night, and during the solo I looked over at my 12 year old son and the look on his face was priceless. Eyes wide....mouth hanging open, it was funny! Eddie still has it and is quite possibly better than ever. Ended the solo with a "flying Eddie" scissor kick that got some nice air.

Dave sounded great (butchered lyrics aside...even my kid pointed out some really glaring fuckups) and is definitely singing smarter, not harder as the tour progresses.

Getting "Outta Love Again" was a great treat.

A great night in Atlantic City...and getting to meet Carmine, Momshell, fourthcoming, and Lou was icing on the cake!

Long live Van Halen and David Lee Roth!

26. Thanked fryingdutchman for this KICKASS post:

Momshell (03-26-2012)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    Ten bucks says the guy that wrote that review wore a Spammy era ringed VH shirt to the show.
    There was some huge chick in front of us sporting one of those shirts...I wanted to throw her over the fucking balcony but I don't think I could have lifted her.

28. Thanked fryingdutchman for this KICKASS post:

Zing! (03-26-2012)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Momshell posted a couple of "afterthoughs" a page or two back and one just struck me too....

Dave didn't have a single wardrobe change all night. No matador jackets or anything.

Again, not a big deal and no impact on the show...but it's just a little strange considering what he's done in other cities.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

3 times at the show...I get a text...first from Momshell...it says..."look behind you and a little right"...boom, there she is...10 feet away...the 2nd, from Dutch...it says " I see you"...I respond, with "where you at?", Dutch says "look left, up in the balcony!", I look up and left and there's this crazy mo'fo, waving his arms...lmao...Dude, your family rocks..everybody looked great in the VH shirts and your kids looked super excited!! The 3rd text was from Mambo Slammer Casalad...it said "Stand up, show yourself!", I respond, I'm 14th row, Ed's side...where are you?" I get back "5th row, Wolf's side, blue shirt", I look over...there he is, fist up...we walked around the floor for a handshake before VH started...

Ya just gotta love technology...

Once again...it was great to meet all of you...I just hope they add more dates and we get to do it again!!

COME ON, CLEVELAND!!

31. 3 users say thank you to Carmine for this KICKASS post:

fryingdutchman (03-26-2012),Matt White (03-26-2012),Momshell (03-26-2012)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    There was some huge chick in front of us sporting one of those shirts...I wanted to throw her over the fucking balcony but I don't think I could have lifted her.
    This seems to be a theme among female Hagar fans.

At the Sammy and Dave tour during Hagar's set he had a little bleacher onstage for some of his 'lucky' fans and I only hung around for a few songs of his set because I was sure it was going to collapse under the weight.

33. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

fryingdutchman (03-26-2012)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Don't think I saw the "consolidated" setlist posted yet, but if it was, I'm sorry for the dupe.

My son kept the log all night and wanted to see his work on the web....so, courtesy of my son's iPod....

Unchained
    Runnin' with the Devil
    She’s The Woman
    The Full Bug
    Tattoo
    Everybody Wants Some!
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    China Town
    Hear About It Later
    Pretty Woman
    Alex solo
    You Really Got Me
    The Trouble With Never
    Dance the Night Away
    I’ll Wait
    Hot for Teacher
    Women In Love
    Outta Love Again
    Beautiful Girls
    Ice Cream Man
    Panama
    Ed solo
    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Jump

Mad props to Momshell for posting the setlist "as it happened."
    Last edited by fryingdutchman; 03-26-2012 at 07:43 AM.

35. 2 users say thank you to fryingdutchman for this KICKASS post:

Carmine (03-26-2012),Momshell (03-26-2012)

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Don't think I saw the "consolidated" setlist posted yet, but if it was, I'm sorry for the dupe.

My son kept the log all night and wanted to see his work on the web....so, courtesy of my son's iPod...."
    Priceless. You're raising him well.

37. Thanked Zing! for this KICKASS post:

fryingdutchman (03-26-2012)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My son kept the log all night and wanted to see his work on the web....so, courtesy of my son's iPod....

Unchained
    Runnin' with the Devil
    She’s The Woman
    The Full Bug
    Tattoo
    Everybody Wants Some!
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    China Town
    Hear About It Later
    Pretty Woman
    Alex solo
    You Really Got Me
    The Trouble With Never
    Dance the Night Away
    I’ll Wait
    Hot for Teacher
    Women In Love
    Outta Love Again
    Beautiful Girls
    Ice Cream Man
    Panama
    Ed solo
    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Jump

Right before the Van Halen set started an enormous gentleman sat down in the seat next to me... he jotted the entire setlist down with a pen and one of those little wire bound memo pads... strange.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    Priceless. You're raising him well.

We're doing out best!!

It's the perfect mesh of old and new. Passing on the ancient art of following your favorite band to hell and back....and then talking about it on the interweb in real time!!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just like Dave says.... "It's like watching "Dragnet" on your iPod..."

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-25-2019 @ 12:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I noticed the non costume change too. I think he did not feel that well...but the trooper he is he pulled it off anyhow. Amazing that we love the guys so much we don't get upset at screw-ups...we smile at them (Referring to those glaring moments)

Anyone going to any other shows?

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    Right before the Van Halen set started an enormous gentleman sat down in the seat next to me... he jotted the entire setlist down with a pen and one of those little wire bound memo pads... strange.
    He jotted down the setlist BEFORE they performed it?

That is intriguing....

Given his size and Sesh's observation, was he wearing a Spammy-era VH rings shirt?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He jotted down the setlist BEFORE they performed it?

That is intriguing....

Given his size and Sesh's observation, was he wearing a Spammy-era VH rings shirt?
    No... he was jotting them down as the show was going on.
    But the setlist does seem 'fixed' in a flexible way... the #4 (Romeo Delight - The Full Bug) and #18 (Girl Gone Bad - Outta Love Again - Hang 'Em High) and the occasional swap between #1 & #12 (You Really Got Me & Unchained) are where they have been mixing it up.
    I held on to hope for as long as I could that 'Outta Love Again' was gonna turn out to be 'Honeybabysweetiedoll'.
    Unless they do an overhaul... I'd suggest crossing your fingers after 'Women In Love' if you are hoping for a surprise.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No... he was jotting them down as the show was going on.
    But the setlist does seem 'fixed' in a flexible way... the #4 (Romeo Delight - The Full Bug) and #18 (Girl Gone Bad - Outta Love Again - Hang 'Em High) and the occasional swap between #1 & #12 (You Really Got Me & Unchained) are where they have been mixing it up.
    I held on to hope for as long as I could that 'Outta Love Again' was gonna turn out to be 'Honeybabysweetiedoll'.
    Unless they do an overhaul... I'd suggest crossing your fingers after 'Women In Love' if you are hoping for a surprise.
    My son nearly ripped my arm off during Dave's "dog speech" and said, "Dad...he's plucking some of the notes from "Stay Frosty!" Do you think he might....????"

For a brief moment I gave in to whimsy and thought they might do it, but then reality grabbed my brain and brought me back.

That would have been mindblowing....

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Again...

...and I told her in AC...she gets my vote for "Best New Member of 2012"!!

46. Thanked Carmine for this KICKASS post:

Momshell (03-26-2012)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
    Again...

...and I told her in AC...she gets my vote for "Best New Member of 2012"!!
    I second that motion!

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

48. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

Momshell (03-26-2012)

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

My son nearly ripped my arm off during Dave's "dog speech" and said, "Dad...he's plucking some of the notes from "Stay Frosty!" Do you think he might....????"

For a brief moment I gave in to whimsy and thought they might do it, but then reality grabbed my brain and brought me back.

That would have been mindblowing....
    I would be happy if he'd just play the acoustic intro to Stay Frosty, then go into ICM - but Stay Frosty is so bad-ass that it really should be played in full at least once on this tour.

50. Thanked Zing! for this KICKASS post:

IceCreamBlondie (03-26-2012)

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 08:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mewisemagic View Post

Fourthcoming(center)..FWACF and wife(Left)..Momshell,Carmine,Carmines Lady and Buck Picasso
    Getting primed for a badass night of Roth-n-Roll!!
    VERY COOL! Pictured you guys being taller.

52. Thanked private parts for this KICKASS post:

IceCreamBlondie (03-26-2012)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Anybody else notice that big section of seats behind the soundboard that remained relatively empty?
    Are those casino comp seats or something?
    Just thought it was weird that the whole place was packed except that one section.

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 08:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Momshell View Post
    It smells funny in here....and it ain't cologne!
    That was probably self-tanner

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Anybody else notice that big section of seats behind the soundboard that remained relatively empty?
    Are those casino comp seats or something?
    Just thought it was weird that the whole place was packed except that one section.
    Yes, we all noticed it. It made me question the idiot reviewer's comments about a "sold out Boardwalk Hall."

But I think your question nails it. Those seats were probably purchased by the casino, but never used.

That's the one thing I don't like about the AC shows....the casino idiots and high-rollers who just seem to wander in. We had some Bono look-alike and his woman next to us who were pathetic. You know the look...jet black (obviously dyed) hair, leather blazer, white shirt open at the chest, green-tint shades on, etc....)Showed up late, left early, and the woman spent part of the show sitting and lolling her head back like she was fighting to stay awake.

Did you also notice how many people were clueless about both the new stuff from ADKOT and the deep cuts from the 6 pack? A lot of people sat down during "Tattoo", "The Trouble With Never", "She's The Woman", and "China Town."

More people than I would have cared to see also sat down for "Outta Love Again" and "The Full Bug." I think at one point I heard some assclown say "is this new stuff?" during "The Full Bug."

Those are the people that you just want to punch in the face and say "Why the fuck are you even here? If you're waiting for "Dreams" or "When It's Love", just fucking leave right now 'cause it's not gonna happen."

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 04:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Had to wait for my son and his buddy to roll in from college.

Fucking brilliant idea to have KATG open the show... 'it's too hot!'

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yes, we all noticed it. It made me question the idiot reviewer's comments about a "sold out Boardwalk Hall."

But I think your question nails it. Those seats were probably purchased by the casino, but never used.

That's the one thing I don't like about the AC shows....the casino idiots and high-rollers who just seem to wander in. We had some Bono look-alike and his woman next to us who were pathetic. You know the look...jet black (obviously dyed) hair, leather blazer, white shirt open at the chest, green-tint shades on, etc....)Showed up late, left early, and the woman spent part of the show sitting and lolling her head back like she was fighting to stay awake.

Did you also notice how many people were clueless about both the new stuff from ADKOT and the deep cuts from the 6 pack? A lot of people sat down during "Tattoo", "The Trouble With Never", "She's The Woman", and "China Town."

More people than I would have cared to see also sat down for "Outta Love Again" and "The Full Bug." I think at one point I heard some assclown say "is this new stuff?" during "The Full Bug."

Those are the people that you just want to punch in the face and say "Why the fuck are you even here? If you're waiting for "Dreams" or "When It's Love", just fucking leave right now 'cause it's not gonna happen."
    Here's a pic I took... I was trying to reply to momshell's sellout post but my battery was dying.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information