Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Official 3/17 Toronto Meetup/Review Thread

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    LOL! Did he say," don't take a picture of me or I'm going to fuck your girlfriend!"

Dave is becoming a little extra frosty on this tour ---- " I'm gonna fuck your DAUGHTER, pal !! "

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What does some guy (Greg) know about Dave being sexy? Trust the ladies...Dave's still got it!!
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    GREG

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    Dave is becoming a little extra frosty on this tour ---- " I'm gonna fuck your DAUGHTER, pal !! "

Seems like Dave may be doing a little something extra to perk him up before the shows lately. And I like it!

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here's one of the vids I shot. Not the best quality, but it's something...

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post

LOVE this one. THANKS!
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cheers bro!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I haven't seen any footage of Dave giving shit to the lighting guys. Anyone see it yet?

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nope. Not yet.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Found it I think

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by perrin29 View Post
    Found it I think

I think Dave is very close to cleaning house and firing all these lighting and audio shitbirds ---- time to get some pros in there!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    another awesome show! this one was a couple notches above Buffalo. it's a month into the tour and they are absolutely on fire.

i got to see things from a different spot...i was one row from the top of the ACC. behind the press boxes, and probably higher than the scoreboard. that took the big screen out of play for me, and there wasn't a lot of people standing in those sections so i got to just sit back, watch, and listen. not saying there was no enthusiasm up there, there definitely was. we may have been sitting but we were LOUD. cheers going up in either direction for favorite songs. and like Buffalo, the new stuff was well-received, only a couple people wandering in and out. i think they all stayed for Al's solo, too.

it was great to hear The Full Bug early in the set, and with Unchained being the opener i got the slightly different show that i was hoping for. seems like the middles of some songs were extended, and the outros too. just noodling around. i love the beginning of Everybody Wants Some!!, with all the crazy picking and scraping and shit Ed is doing. it's probably because those are the only parts of his that i can play.

Ed and Wolf aren't avoiding Dave's floor any more, they ventured onto it a few times instead of going around.

no chocolates thrown at the beginning of Hot For Teacher and no checkered flag during Jump. got the "spotlight" rant, maybe in another week Dave will have all these guys trained and the shows will run to his liking. or maybe he will recycle the rants every couple shows.

seems like the video guys are still changing things up. there were some crowd shots here and there, and i don't remember that in Buffalo.

had a great time in TO. got in Friday afternoon, a pretty uneventful drive up (for once!). two questions at the border and i was on my way. a little foggy over the water, i like to take in the view as i go over the bridges etc and was denied on the way in. was stuck in traffic on the 401 next to a guy in a Viper. i know how frustrating it is to be stuck in traffic in a car that can do 150, the Viper can get closer to 180 so i bet he was more frustrated. i arrived at my destination around quarter after four and was drinking by 4:17.

Tommy and i headed downtown around noon on Saturday and i got the nickel tour. i swear i've seen some of that stuff before, like three or four times in the span of a few minutes. went through the new grocery store at the old Maple Leaf Gardens and saw the former center ice marker in aisle 25. walked by the Hockey Hall of Fame and Massey Hall...i had said we didn't have to do anything too tourist-y, there were no trips up the CN Tower or anything. i don't like heights anyways. we made our way to The 3 Brewers for lunch and...uh...beer, duh. extra thanks to the bartender who kept showing us her underwear, which we eventually found out was a thong. no. i didn't get pics, you pervs. wandered out of there and stopped at another bar, had one there and by then it was time to head to C'est What.

but before that, i just gotta say...holy shit, there were hot women EVERYWHERE. and not all wearing green, either. although some of those wrapped in green looked pretty damn good (the girl sitting by us at 3 Brewers comes to mind). i gotta get back up there in the summer. or maybe not, i may just explode. and, not related to tits and ass, the homeless people on the street are very nice even when you don't give them any change. in Cleveland those fuckers will hassle you all the way back home to Parma, and then have the balls to ask for a ride back downtown.

we arrive outside C'est What and the mystery guest is waiting for us. grab some tables, drink, and catch up. the Guwapos show up a little later, and some people Tommy knows from another board stop by for a couple. their VH shirts passed inspection, they were tipped off as to what NOT to wear. and then, off to the show. can't wait to hear the recording.

said my goodbyes (and one happy birthday) Sunday morning and another uneventful ride home. stopped at the duty free for some beer, then got shuffled around in line for about 20 minutes at the border. two more questions and back on 90 West. got home to find my house decorated for St Pat's and promptly went to smack my nephew and niece around. i hate when they get bored.

good weekend for cars, too. other than the Viper, i saw an Aston Martin coming out of the VIP parking at the ACC, and bunch of Porsche Panamericas. someone's throwin' their money around up there. get to my usual break spot on the NY Thruway in Angola and there is a pristine Citation X-11 on a dolly, but that made me kind of throw up in my mouth a little (you can ask Grimes about our misadventures with Citations) and when i came out there was a Grand Wagoneer sitting there. then saw two old FC Jeeps on a trailer heading east, and just before the Ohio line an AMX also heading east.

the Malibu rental wasn't too bad, got 30 MPG the whole weekend. my SRT would probably have been closer to 23, and the Jeeps...fuhgeddaboutit. i am no raging GM fan so i won't slam the car too much. decent power, and comfortable. it was just nice not to have to take mine. easily the longest i've driven a front-driver in at least ten years.

so yeah, there it is. these get-togethers never last long enough. lately i can't be pried out of the house, today i didn't want to have to come home.

could be the last show i catch this tour...or is it?
    Last edited by twonabomber; 03-19-2012 at 04:10 AM.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

That's disturbing. If that's the comment Walker was complaining about, I must say I agree. Name: System
    GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
    Time: Mar 15, 2012 14:22:45
    JVM:INFOp=227a3446,a='5.0.0.900',o='5.2.0.96',h=8c 000f03

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    but before that, i just gotta say...holy shit, there were hot women EVERYWHERE. and not all wearing green, either. although some of those wrapped in green looked pretty damn good (the girl sitting by us at 3 Brewers comes to mind). i gotta get back up there in the summer. or maybe not, i may just explode. and, not related to tits and ass, the homeless people on the street are very nice even when you don't give them any change.
    You know you're in Canada when...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Dave is very close to cleaning house and firing all these lighting and audio shitbirds ---- time to get some pros in there!
    Spots are usually operated by local IATSE members. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall to see the lighting director freaking on them after the show. It's his ass that's on the line after all...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    That's disturbing. If that's the comment Walker was complaining about, I must say I agree. Name: System
    GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
    Time: Mar 15, 2012 14:22:45
    JVM:INFOp=227a3446,a='5.0.0.900',o='5.2.0.96',h=8c 000f03

No, that wasn't it.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The Trouble with Toronto Show

Please don't move me to Meet and Greet thread.

Saturday night (St.Patrick's Day), lots of drunken green hat guys, but a killer show.

I've seen all the shows since 1978 and these guys are a BAND now!

Roth as the Toastmaster General delivered a beginning, middle and end to a show that was 2 hours of absolute bliss! Gliding, sliding, high kicks, roundhouses, funny, great voice (but without the kissing Eddie every 2 seconds).

Would have preferred adding Meanstreet (take out Woman in Love), but each song was right on the money.

Was about 40 yards from the stage right (Eddie's side), so got the full effect of 10 Cabinets worth of ear damage. My hearing came back yesterday around 4;15 pm.

Go to this show and PLEASE give us a DVD of this tour, some cuts from 2007/08 and Oakland, then I'm good to go.

Cheers

Nigel

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think all of those back line cabinets even are on. The PA does most the work. In fact the amp Eddie is actually using might even be down in the guitar pit with his rack gear. Those amps and speakers usually are just used as props. Some of them might be used but are probably driven by a power amp off stage.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thanks Nitro. My business partner is a musician and said the cabinets are for Eddie.

Eddie would play up close to them if he needs to really hear himself, otherwise he hears the whole band when he walks forward towards the monitors.

The monitor up front has the whole band, but yes the sound is "driven" through the PA.

In this case the sound was blistering, but a little "hot" from my side.

Cheers. I wish I could follow them on tour, what a fabulous show.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Please don't move me to Meet and Greet thread.
    i'd move it just because you asked not to.

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There actually is mikes on some of the speakers and on Wolfies too.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think all of those back line cabinets even are on. The PA does most the work. In fact the amp Eddie is actually using might even be down in the guitar pit with his rack gear. Those amps and speakers usually are just used as props. Some of them might be used but are probably driven by a power amp off stage.
    I've been sifting through a few posts here. Nitro, I KNEW you were a George Carlin fan.

My fave, the difference between Football and Baseball. Cheers Mate.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I bought my own copy of Class Clown with my own lawn mowing money. The difference between Football and Baseball is a classic. I'm also notorious for packing too much stuff when I travel so that observation is another good one. It's all about finding a place for your stuff.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
    I wonder if Ed is still using a Palmer speaker simulator. You can run direct to the board but I think he runs a effects loop with it instead and mikes his speakers and then sends the microphone feed to the mixing board. He used to run one head and two 2x12's for AL. I guess it was loud as hell where Al was sitting . I have a feeling they have tamed that down now. Then Ed would run one cabinet wet and two dry if I remember right. He's got more of a traditional pedal board now so things might be a tad different now.

Sound engineers always like to get all the tone hashed out into a line level signal and then run the speakers with clean power amps.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-19-2012 at 06:02 PM.

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    On some of those live vids that are shot from the sides nothing on the back of Ed's cabs and heads are plugged into anything. No cables anywhere...

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by perrin29 View Post
    I haven't seen any footage of Dave giving shit to the lighting guys. Anyone see it yet?
    I have it. Just haven't uploaded it yet
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wonder if Ed is still using a Palmer speaker simulator. You can run direct to the board but I think he runs a effects loop with it instead and mikes his speakers and then sends the microphone feed to the mixing board. ...
    If I remember right in EVH's gear there was a Palmer PDI-03 used ONLY as a signal splitter.

Dry Head -> Palmer Speaker Thru -> 1 Dry Cabinet and in parallel the Palmer feeds with its line out(s) rack effects -> Stereo Power Amp -> 2 Wet Cabinets.

All 3 Cabinets miked.

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Bug View Post
    Will be that about 4-5......
    What day??
    WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So Full Bong, what happened to you??

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by guwapo_rocker View Post
    Guess the mailman didn't deliver his cheque
    :-)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
    Mikes what ??

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Full Bong didn't show up?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Full Bong didn't show up?
    uh...

We are Bugless.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyv View Post
    We got Full Bug (the song, not the person)
    no.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    uh...

no.
    And that motherfucker was pimping on me for not showing up previously?

Maybe his ole lady decided he couldn't go.

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Full Bong trying to tell his Mom where to drop him off,

Cest What?

What?

Cest What?

What?

Cest What?

WHAT??

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Come on Full Bong, come clean!

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    U guys r relentless!!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

LOL

At 2:31 you can see Ed tell the lighting guy "Fuck You" after he moves in front of Dave to get into the spotlight.

And from a different angle -

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is Full fucking Bong dead? It can't take this long to come up with an excuse. Shoes probably would have went to the Toronto show if she had known that goofy fucker wasn't going to show!

Come on Full Bong. At least Guwapo had the balls to admit he is pussy whipped, and his wife calls the shots in that Canadian household.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Is Full fucking Bong dead? It can't take this long to come up with an excuse. Shoes probably would have went to the Toronto show if she had known that goofy fucker wasn't going to show!

Come on Full Bong. At least Guwapo had the balls to admit he is pussy whipped, and his wife calls the shots in that Canadian household.
    The wives call the shots in MOST Canadian households, as it should be...

Thread Information