The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
    Is that thing real?

Those fucking cajuns will figure out a way to eat anything they scrape out of the water.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hell to the yeah !!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ha! That does not look right!

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post

Dats some gooood eatin I garrontee!
    " You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I would try it, When I was in Memphis a few years ago I ate all kinds of strange chit on that Beale St. Liked it all. I was also very sedated. I had a giant bird leg that looked like it was from the Flintstones.

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Let me say that it was a pleasure to meet and hang out with Momshell and Sensible Shoes at Dubliners before the show. Two very cool Roth Army ladies! And how about a Roth Army "Hell yeah!" to Momshell's way-cool husband. Cool, laid back cat that had no problem with weird internet dudes taking pictures with his wife and her tattoo...

Good taking with you all!
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hell yeah!!

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Very cool that you all got to meet! This internet shit is pretty neat stuff.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post

I'm from Baton Rouge and i can't eat that stuff. A good shrimp po-boy, now that i can tear into, but a soft shell crab, no way.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But to get back on topic, once again....

http://courantblogs.com/sound-check/...oncert-review/

Van Halen Triumphant With David Lee Roth At Mohegan Sun Show
    by ERIC R. DANTON on MARCH 4, 2012 · 4 COMMENTS

In a different era, David Lee Roth would have been selling patent medicines off the back of a wagon. He’s a born showman, and he’s finally made his way back to his rightful place in the show he was born to front: Van Halen.

Diamond Dave and the boys swept into Mohegan Sun Arena Saturday night with the manic energy of a two-hour lightning storm, flickering, flashing and booming their way through a generous allotment of old favorites, mixing in a handful new material from “A Different Kind of Truth” — Roth’s first album with Van Halen since “1984″ 28 years ago. (See more photos from the concert here.)

For a band whose history is as fraught as Van Halen’s, the musicians couldn’t have looked happier on stage. Roth served as the fast-talking master of ceremonies, Eddie Van Halen beamed as his hands played blinding runs up and down the neck of his guitar and his son, bassist Wolfgang Van Halen, looked at once entertained and bemused by crazy ol’ Uncle Dave’s strutting and sliding around the stage.

Roth’s voice isn’t as limber as it once was, and there were times when it seemed like it settled on a pitch largely at random. He can still do the leg kicks, though, and he was clearly in his element as the band (also including Alex Van Halen on drums) blew through “Runnin’ With the Devil” and “Everybody Wants Some!!,” which featured one of many dazzling solos from Eddie Van Halen.

He balanced his guitar tone perfectly between squelchy chords and squealing leads, shifting from one to the other so smoothly it looked (but never sounded) effortless. Eddie and brother Alex locked in on a full-throttle version of Roy Orbison’s “Oh Pretty Woman,” and after Alex Van Halen laid out a drum solo, they jumped right into the Kinks’ “You Really Got Me.”

Even the new songs fit right in, with Roth mugging on “Tattoo” and offering conversational asides between verses on “The Trouble With Never.” The applause was bigger, though, for “Dance the Night Away,” with Eddie and Wolfgang singing harmonies behind Roth; and “Hot for Teacher,” as Alex Van Halen’s drums rumbled like a souped-up engine revved to the red line.

As if things weren’t lively enough already, Van Halen let it all loose as the band built to a grand finale. After Roth did a few near-splits on “Beautiful Girls,” the band zoomed through the virtuosic workout “Ice Cream Man” like a party of 5-year-olds with sugar highs. Next, Eddie let fly the arcing riff to “Panama,” which turned into a solo turn of his own, incorporating parts of his “Eruption” showcase and more. The rest of the band rejoined him to end the regular set with “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love,” then, after a round of hugs, closed the show with “Jump,” as Roth waved a giant checkered flag through a downpour from confetti cannons.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's PA Rental View Post
    Let me say that it was a pleasure to meet and hang out with Momshell and Sensible Shoes at Dubliners before the show. Two very cool Roth Army ladies! And how about a Roth Army "Hell yeah!" to Momshell's way-cool husband. Cool, laid back cat that had no problem with weird internet dudes taking pictures with his wife and her tattoo...

Good taking with you all!
    Thanks PA. Great hangin with you too. Wish we could have stayed a bit longer. Sorry to have missed Shoes...maybe next time?! Thanks for the shot out to my hubby too- that was nothing for my poor guy- he's had to watch and hear me scream for Dave since he's known me, not to mention the signed pic of Dave in chaps hanging next to my side of the bed!!! I'm a lucky girl!! After meeting PA I think he also realized we are more normal than he imagined. Said he might even sign on soon! Hope to meet up again one of these days!
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    But to get back on topic, once again.....

I've been on a lot of forums & no one quite derails them like the good folks of the Roth Army. HAHA!

From concert review to soft shell crab sammiches in the time it took to get that new tattoo...........

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tjvhou812 View Post
    mohegan sun review: I didnt know kool and the gang wasnt playing, got in the areana for unchained. and from that point on was like holyfuckingshit.
    Wolfgang bass playing was great, the kid is going to be great, the way these guys are playing is amazing, dave and ed realy look like they are true friends again.
    As for Diamond David Lee Roth, the youtube vids do this guy no justice as far as his voice goes, This guy sounded fucking fantastic, His vocals was strong, and his stage show was fucking great.

Alex, does this guy fucking slow down, he's still hammering the fuck out of his kit like he;s 26 years old still.

as far as King Edward goes. Wow! this guy is the sound of the Mighty Van fucking halen. i never seen a guitar player beat the shit out of his strings with his pinky finger like ed does.

I have seen Van halen 13 times, and this is the 2nd time at mohegan sun, Van halen is like a fine wine, they seem to get better with age. this was the best concert i've seen ever.

girl gone bad! i never got to hear that song live, and man was it worth the wait. everybody wants some. when they went into the break down and stopped the music, the crowd got loud. real fucking loud, it gave me the chills. DLR seems to be jumping around a little bit more now, its nice to see him with a mic in his hands.

i went to this concert not knowing if i was going to get in. and on my way down there we called the box office and they finaly released some tickets, and booooh, i was doing the victory dance

I wanna thank Van Halen for bringing it, like no other band can. Until next week, hope to see some of you guys at the TD Garden.

ALSO, We recorded a show from the 08 tour in providence RI, if you guys tell me how to upload it to the site, i would be more than happy to share it with you, this was one of the shows they were gonna put on dvd and never did

PS. i like Van halen more than you. Roth and Roll bitches, Van Halen Is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    Gotta agree - YouTube bullshit doesn't do show or dlr justice - this was probably the best concert I've EVER seen!

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was there and it was GREAT but.... just didn't have the same energy from the crowd as in 07... they came on at 7:55 and the opener even through me for a loop... but Eddie was balls on Dave made a couple of comments verifying... I think coming off a 2 MSG show the energy from the crowd was lacking... but I Loved it .My Imagination, fact or fiction? I mean by Romeo Delight people were pissed I was standing!!! Top Tier first row. There was no sitting in 07

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Its a perfect 10.
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Momshell View Post
    Thanks PA. Great hangin with you too. Wish we could have stayed a bit longer. Sorry to have missed Shoes...maybe next time?! Thanks for the shot out to my hubby too- that was nothing for my poor guy- he's had to watch and hear me scream for Dave since he's known me, not to mention the signed pic of Dave in chaps hanging next to my side of the bed!!! I'm a lucky girl!! After meeting PA I think he also realized we are more normal than he imagined. Said he might even sign on soon! Hope to meet up again one of these days!
    You are BOTH lucky, far as I can tell.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DlocRoth View Post
    Its a perfect 10.

Sonofabitch thats good! They are smoking Unchained as the opener. My God I never thought I'd see the day other than old clips from the early 80's.

Can you believe "someone" thought opening song at the LA Coliseum in front of 80,000 should be Mine All Mine? LOL. That says all you need to know about the differences between throwing a party......and BEING the party.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
    I had a giant bird leg that looked like it was from the Flintstones.
    YOU kinda look like you're from the Flintstones!

Get a haircut man.

Just kidding....lol. If I had he ability still I'd grow mine out. Sadly though I'd just look like Gallagher.

Thread Information