• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Girl Gone Bad !!!

Here's the '84 live version ---- I bet $10 the 2012 live version is just as good or better (keeping in mind 3 members are close to 60)

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by SNIPER
      Quiz: Anybody know how and where Ed wrote the GGB riff?
      I remember it in the US Festival footage but I would think they already had it at that point.

Comment

• RealTwisted
        Groupie
        • Jun 2004

Twitter is busy with tweets from people leaving the show... all were amazed, saying the band, and Eddie in particular blew them away
        "I wanna take this time to say that this is real whiskey here... the only people who put iced tea in Jack Daniel's bottles is The Clash, baby!"

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TJMKID
          Here's the '84 live version ---- I bet $10 the 2012 live version is just as good or better (keeping in mind 3 members are close to 60)

Yeah thats cool. The stage for that tour was the coolest stage ever !!! I have the dvd of this. Fun to watch.

Comment

• hambon4lif
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

The one thing nobody's mentioned about GGB is how Al fuckin' slams on that track.

Kwame's probably staring at Al's drumkit like he's looking at God right now.....

Comment

• EdVanZep
              Groupie
              • Jun 2005

Quiz: Anybody know how and where Ed wrote the GGB riff?
              South America '83 ? I think I remember reading he hummed the riff into a tape recorder in the closet while Val slept.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                The one thing nobody's mentioned about GGB is how Al fuckin' slams on that track.

Kwame's probably staring at Al's drumkit like he's looking at God right now.....
                He was getting into the electronic drums on that album. He is great on it.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by EdVanZep
                  South America '83 ? I think I remember reading he hummed the riff into a tape recorder in the closet while Val slept.
                  I remember that story. Thank god he did it.

Comment

• SNIPER
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by EdVanZep
                    Correct!

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

I was cranking 84 in the car today!!!
                      I'm in the minority here, but 1984 is my fav of the 6 pack. I think it has to do with my age & that's really when I found VH for myself. That caused me to buy the previous 5 and fall in love with them. But my 1st car & high school with 1984 cassette the whole time....special days indeed.

Probably why Pyromania is my fav Def Lep as opposed to the older ones too.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
                        I'm in the minority here, but 1984 is my fav of the 6 pack. I think it has to do with my age & that's really when I found VH for myself. That caused me to buy the previous 5 and fall in love with them. But my 1st car & high school with 1984 cassette the whole time....special days indeed.

Well fuck man it has sold 10 million so somebody likes it !! It's a great album. Fun stuff on it like Teacher and Top Jimmy.

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist

I hear you on that. 1984 was my first VH album after seeing the Jump vid when it came out. Then I went and got all the earlier ones.

Comment

• mdk1967
                            Roadie
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by moose
                            Fuck that
                            I want photos and videos of the MILFS!!!
                            "MILFs GONE BAD"???!!! Now THERE's a thought.

"The horror, the horror, the horror"!

Comment

• TJMKID
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

I hear you on that. 1984 was my first VH album after seeing the Jump vid when it came out. Then I went and got all the earlier ones.

Same with me ---- "1984" got me started on the road to becoming a lifelong Roth-era VH fan ---- so it holds a special place in my heart

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

My favorite Girl Gone Bad shot, from the US Festival at the 2 minute mark...Goddamn they were on fire!

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...