Thread: War with Iran? Thousands of US troops deploying to Israel

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

War with Iran? Thousands of US troops deploying to Israel

Between this, the threats from Iran, the mysterious explosion that killed an Iranian General and the tendency for iranian scientists to be assassinated, you really have to wonder...

Thousands of US troops deploying to Israel
    Published: 05 January, 2012, 23:00

Reuters / Nir Elias

Without much media attention, thousands of American troops are being deployed to Israel, and Iranian officials believe that this is the latest and most blatant warning that the US will soon be attacking Tehran.
    Tensions between nations have been high in recent months and have only worsened in the weeks since early December when Iran hijacked and recovered an American drone aircraft. Many have speculated that a back-and-forth between the two countries will soon escalate Iran and the US into an all-out war, and that event might occur sooner than thought.

Under the Austere Challenge 12 drill scheduled for an undisclosed time during the next few weeks, the Israeli military will together with America host the largest-ever joint missile drill by the two countries. Following the installation of American troops near Iran’s neighboring Strait of Hormuz and the reinforcing of nearby nations with US weapons, Tehran authorities are considering this not a test but the start of something much bigger.

In the testing, America's Theater High Altitude Area Defense, or THAAD, missile system will be operating alongside its ship-based Aegis system and Israel's own program to work with Arrow, Patriot and Iron Drone missiles.

Israeli military officials say that the testing was planned before recent episodes involving the US and Iran. Of concern, however, is how the drill will require the deployment of thousands of American troops into Israel. The Jerusalem Post quotes US Commander Lt.-Gen Frank Gorenc as saying the drill is not just an “exercise” but also a “deployment” that will involve “several thousand American soldiers” heading to Israel. Additionally, new command posts will be established by American forces in Israel and that country’s own IDF army will begin working from a base in Germany.

In September, the US European Command established a radar system in Israel.

With America previously equipping Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates with weaponry to wreck any chance of an Iranian nuclear weapon program from close by, the US will now have added forces on the ready in Israel and Germany under what Tehran fears is a guise being merely perpetrated as a test-run. RT reported last week that the US is equipping Saudi Arabia with nearly $30 billion F-15 war planes, a deal that comes shortly after Washington worked out a contract with Dubai to give the UAE advanced “bunker buster” bombs that could decimate underground nuclear operations in neighboring Iran.
    Since the US surveillance mission over Iran that left overseas intelligence with a captured American drone aircraft, tensions have only escalated between the two nations. After Iran threatened to close down the Strait of Hormuz, a crucial path for the nation’s oil trade, the US dispatched 15,000 marines into the area.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Great...just what we need, another fucking drawn out war. We get out of Iraq, finally, and immediately start a war with Iran? Shit. We haven't even finished up the war in Afghanistan, yet.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    might as well polish off the rest of the mideast while we're there...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    Great...just what we need, another fucking drawn out war. We get out of Iraq, finally, and immediately start a war with Iran? Shit. We haven't even finished up the war in Afghanistan, yet.
    Not only another war but the banks are going back to sub prime loans again. The leaders of this nation have gone completely insane and we just need to fire all of them. We don't need another war. Banks and corporations have just hijacked our government and use it for their own profit making purposes. We've let fascism sneak in and now it needs constant war so it has an excuse to clamp down even more and take even more rights away. What the idiots fail the realize is the constitution is still the supreme law of the land. It's above the congress and president. You just can't pass legislation into law and say parts of the constitution now no longer apply. That can only be done through a proper amendment process. So the government basically has gone rogue and is out of control. It's not following the law at all and is just doing whatever it wants. It's a bad and scary situation.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    Reuters / Nir Elias
    After Iran threatened to close down the Strait of Hormuz, a crucial path for the nation’s oil trade, the US dispatched 15,000 marines into the area. ...
    I don't know if this is really a sign of imminent war as in the U.S.-Israel initiating it. I think it's more a signal to Iran that closing the Gulf would have dire consequences. But the US has been working on high altitude SAM's with Israel for years...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Not only another war but the banks are going back to sub prime loans again. The leaders of this nation have gone completely insane and we just need to fire all of them. We don't need another war. Banks and corporations have just hijacked our government and use it for their own profit making purposes. We've let fascism sneak in and now it needs constant war so it has an excuse to clamp down even more and take even more rights away. What the idiots fail the realize is the constitution is still the supreme law of the land. It's above the congress and president. You just can't pass legislation into law and say parts of the constitution now no longer apply. That can only be done through a proper amendment process. So the government basically has gone rogue and is out of control. It's not following the law at all and is just doing whatever it wants. It's a bad and scary situation.
    I don't know what this babble is about or how it relates to the topic, but the "banks" never stopped making subprime loans. Sharply curtailed for a while maybe, but they never stopped...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    The politicians are hoping another war will be the red herring they need to take our attention off the economy and them. Also, their banking buddies on Wall Street will make a lot of money off the war. Business as usual.

It really boils down to some people want war with Iran and others don't. I'm sure there's a lot of positioning and in fighting going on us people in the peanut gallery don't even see. The Christian right have been brainwashed to think Iran is the evil empire we must destroy and getting Israel involved gets them hard because it's gog and magog and the rapture is at hand. Then you have the leftist liberals who aren't so easy to sell but as long as it's a democratic president that does it, it seems ok to them for whatever reason.

My question is I really want to know who is running the show. With Bush we knew it was Dick Chenney but Obama takes more vacations than Bush so who's running the white house? GE and Goldman Sachs I guess.

So only difference between parties is which corporation runs the white house. We traded Halliburton and The Carlyle Group for General Electric and Goldman Sachs.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-09-2012 at 01:50 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I don't know what this babble is about or how it relates to the topic, but the "banks" never stopped making subprime loans. Sharply curtailed for a while maybe, but they never stopped...
    Oh they came back when they knew the government would cover their losses and bail them out. Duh.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Canada's got another ship headed down too....
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Could this be the real reason Obama brought our boys home from Iraq for Christmas? Only So he can send them to Iran...

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    Could this be the real reason Obama brought our boys home from Iraq for Christmas? Only So he can send them to Iran...
    Man we are never going to be free of problems in the middle east. Fuck Iran!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not until we get politicians who don't suck of the teat of big oil..........

Drill baby, drill is not the answer, BTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Drill baby, drill is not the answer, BTW!
    sure it is. just depends on what the question is, and who's asking...

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Cool.....

Dump enough Nickleback records on them and they'll surely surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Man we are never going to be free of problems in the middle east. Fuck Iran!
    How was Iraq a "problem" until we invaded, bombed it back 100 years, and occupied it?

Iran is only a "problem" because we allowed the oil industry to make it one.....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Now Iran will back down for sure!!!
    Roth Army Canada

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Also, their banking buddies on Wall Street will make a lot of money off the war. Business as usual.
    I'm pretty retarded when it comes to things like this, but how does wall street profit from war?

Solar powered
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's absolutely blatant now. The 3 most "threatening" nations to Israel and the US are all in a perfect row with vast oil reserves and a strategic location for getting it out to oil hungry China (via Afghanistan).

No more talk about North Korea? I guess that distraction wore out it's welcome. Thousands of people being murdered in central Africa each month? So, sorry. We have to defend little Israel with it's tiny supply of a few hundred nukes. Iran and it's one nuke that may or may not exist is going to blow ALL of us up! So, we have to blow them up first. That makes perfect sense.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post
    How was Iraq a "problem" until we invaded, bombed it back 100 years, and occupied it?

Iran is only a "problem" because we allowed the oil industry to make it one.....

Iran hasn't started a war anywhere since the early 1700s even with an asshole mouthpiece doing anti US propaganda all the time as a way of maintaining power it's not going to start a suicidal war now against the US or Israel.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Spider View Post
    No more talk about North Korea? I guess that distraction wore out it's welcome.
    I'm surprised the military industrial complex didn't claim that the reason they have no electricity there was so that they can move their ultra advanced superkill robots about in the dark at night without anyone seeing them.

Solar powered
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I'm surprised the military industrial complex didn't claim that the reason they have no electricity there was so that they can move their ultra advanced superkill robots about in the dark at night without anyone seeing them.
    The military-industrial complex doesn't even need a reason that sounds sane anymore. If you use the words, "threat to Israel", "nuke" or "terrorists" - half of the country wants to go to war. They don't even need proof, they just want to see things on tv explode.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cool.....

Or all of the unsold Chickenshit III records.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think all the rich scumbags in this country need to donate half their assets if they want another war, seeing that we're up to our eyeballs in debt.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The ones who start the wars never fight in them and they always have the political clout to keep their kids out of them. I think the next asshole that starts the next war needs to lead the charge themselves or I'm not impressed.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    I'm pretty retarded when it comes to things like this, but how does wall street profit from war?
    Military contracts my friend. Boeing, Halliburton, Lockheed Martin ect... They buy off the politicians and the politicians start wars and they all make lots of money. Without war, war contractors have no reason to exist so they create the need for themselves. Most of the stuff our military uses is made by corporations who are financed by Wall Street.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-10-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    dude, don't be so overdramatic. obviously, the war planners know that north korea doesn't have the power, and that they're dark at night because a lack of infrastructure. don't assume the war hawks are that dumb that they'd believe or even try to convince people that north korea is somehow crazy advanced and therefore a danger.

but they also know that north korea's lack of power, infrastructure, water, food, medicine, sunlight, unicorns, and skinny leaders means that THEY'RE RIGHT ON THE BRINK AND COULD START A WAR AT ANY SECOND SINCE THEY'VE GOT NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE!!!! SO THEY'RE A HUGE DANGER!!!!!!!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who has North Korea invaded since the end of the Korean war and then how many countries has the US invaded since then? North Korea just sits there in the dark.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We don't need another War. Old men start 'em and young men fight and die in them.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cool.....

Fuck the records, let's dump that shit band on them... that would kill anybody off!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Military contracts my friend. Boeing, Halliburton, Lockheed Martin ect... They buy off the politicians and the politicians start wars and they all make lots of money. Without war, war contractors have no reason to exist so they create the need for themselves. Most of the stuff our military uses is made by corporations who are financed by Wall Street.
    Very poignant
    fuck your fucking framing

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OIL.

If we go to war with this backwards shithole, that's the reason why.

China and Russia do business with these hicks, and get oil. Just saw on Faux News that the US tried to beg China to quit doing business with these asswipes and they declined

It's a power play. The US wants to have everyone on the same page with them, and either be an ally or a puppet state of some sort, and from their they can try to keep the chinese in check economically.

frankly, it's fucking dumb.

THE US AND WESTERN EUROPE needs to go Space Race on these guys and invest as much as possible to get an Alternative Energy source up and running. 10 years. In the meantime, go nuclear, wind powered, solar powered as much as possible. This isn't about being "Green", it's about us not having to deal with fundamentalist whackjobs.

Let the Chinese and Ex-Soviets deal with the hillbillies on camels.
    Last edited by Unchainme; 01-11-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Iran is not a backwards shithole as the state controlled media would have us believe, but it about oil, no doubt...

BTW, the war has already begun...

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    OIL.

If we go to war with this backwards shithole, that's the reason why.

China and Russia do business with these hicks, and get oil. Just saw on Faux News that the US tried to beg China to quit doing business with these asswipes and they declined

It's a power play. The US wants to have everyone on the same page with them, and either be an ally or a puppet state of some sort, and from their they can try to keep the chinese in check economically.

frankly, it's fucking dumb.

THE US AND WESTERN EUROPE needs to go Space Race on these guys and invest as much as possible to get an Alternative Energy source up and running. 10 years. In the meantime, go nuclear, wind powered, solar powered as much as possible. This isn't about being "Green", it's about us not having to deal with fundamentalist whackjobs.

Let the Chinese and Ex-Soviets deal with the hillbillies on camels.
    We could easily do that if we stop these dumbass wars, end out permanent precense on foreign soil and send those overseas units back to the USA. Shit, you wouldn't even have to reduce the overall personnel strength of the armed forces to do that.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Since we can precision bomb [using precision loosely here] any place on Earth back to the stone age.....the only reason for a large standing Army is for occupation.

We can have fighters anywhere in a matter of hours or a day...........we have drones that can give us real time battle field info without putting our guys in harms way.

So anyone saying we have to have a large standing Army is full of shit.......in terms of defending ourselves or first strike capabilities.

A large armed force is for occupation, IMO!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckleboner View Post
    but they also know that north korea's lack of power, infrastructure, water, food, medicine, sunlight, unicorns, and skinny leaders means that THEY'RE RIGHT ON THE BRINK AND COULD START A WAR AT ANY SECOND SINCE THEY'VE GOT NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE!!!! SO THEY'RE A HUGE DANGER!!!!!!!!
    A huge danger to who? You? Me?

Going for a drive is more dangerous.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anybody else read about this cloak-and-dagger shit?:

Quote Originally Posted by Time Magazine
    Like three previous Iranian scientists ambushed on their morning commute, the latest nuclear expert to die on his way to work was a victim of Israel's Mossad, Western intelligence sources tell TIME. Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan, an expert on a phase of uranium enrichment, perished on a Tehran street on Wednesday after an assassin in a passing motorcycle attached a magnetized explosive to the side of his Peugeot 405. "Yeah, one more," a senior Israeli official said with a smile. "I don't feel sad for him."

Wednesday's attack followed the pattern of previous operations planned by Mossad and carried out over the past two years by Iranians trained and paid by Israel's spy agency, according to intelligence sources. The targets were chosen from the ranks of scientists seen as crucial to Iran's nuclear effort — the country's top physicist, Majid Shahriari, was killed by a magnetized bomb in October 2010 — then shadowed for weeks to determine their routines and points of vulnerability.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...#ixzz1jRSHNM5r

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Too bad there isn't a presidential candidate that would actually end the worse and foreign occupations and bring our troops home so we can stop war profiteering but still provide for a strong national defense!

If there was, then we could all just rally around that guy and change things!

Oh well, since there isn't, I guess I'll just be glad I'm too old to be drafted and I'll just sit back with the rest of you and watch the world burn.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    One of you Rocket, Scientists, Nucle'ar,< so sexy), Lawyer, Brain, Military, Strategist, Secret'e Knowlege, Templar, Brains, Surgeons, should just start a thread titled, -what is/are the objective/s of war.-

Comedy of the century.
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Anybody else read about this cloak-and-dagger shit?:
    That's called terrorism isn't it ??

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    Too bad there isn't a presidential candidate that would actually end the worse and foreign occupations and bring our troops home so we can stop war profiteering but still provide for a strong national defense!

If there was, then we could all just rally around that guy and change things!

Oh well, since there isn't, I guess I'll just be glad I'm too old to be drafted and I'll just sit back with the rest of you and watch the world burn.

A little Army service would do you good...

But rest assured, I doubt they'd draft anyone over 25, unless they were in the IRR...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-14-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Thread Information