• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    Some of my friends are questioning that choice as well, but "Jungle Boogie" is F*ing cool, I don't care who you are... Van Halen opening acts are (and with the exception of a few shows with AIC, IIRC?) and always have been all about getting sh*tfaced before the REAL attraction hits the stage anyway!
    and more importantly, they know that Kool ain't gonna blow them of the stage...
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Hey look. I was a disco queen even when I was listening to VH secretly. And *I* don't even want to hear Kool and the Gang.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

And if DDE rep is looking, there are TONS of places in Buffalo that Kool and the Gang could go to jam afterwards. As inappropriate as it sounds, "The colored musicians club" comes to mind. And I am not making that up or being derogatory. That's what it was called in the 1920's and that's what it's still called now. Or the Anchor Bar, which has music on Friday nights, and which invented the Chicken Wing.

Oh dear.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
          Damn it jhale I haven't complained about anything since yesterday. All I did was ask if they had officially announced it or is this the Roth Army Cool and the Gang fan club putting together a wish list.
          "This isn't about you!"

Seriously - got a Facebook page or Twitter feed? There are complainers! A trained yak, I say!
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

VH has a history of picking bands that are past their prime (was it 5150 when they had BTO open for them?) but who are worthy of giving a boost to their careers....

This is in addition (of course) to the early days when they booked bands to open for them that absolutely SUCKED FUCKING ASS. Like G-Force, for one.

Never seen Kool & The Gang. Would not mind seeing them at all. Nice if they got the Temptations to open for them. Any of those great 70s Soul bands is fine with me.

Too bad Curtis Mayfield is no longer with us. If he had not been in that fucking traffic accident back in the 90s he might still be. Superfly!

Whatever. They could get fucking Bette Midler to open for them (the REAL Bette Midler) and I would not give a fuck. I am not there to see the opening band.

I AM THERE TO SEE THE MOTHERFUCKING MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!!!

To hear "Jungle Boogie" over a LOUD PA would RULE, as that fucking riff is a badass mother (shut your mouf!)

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

"Where's VA??"

"Oh he's still in the concourse drinking"

Have I mentioned that ??
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Antman
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

If Kool and the Gang opens for Van Halen and no one's there to see them, do they still make a sound?
                When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• hain23x
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

If they play this along with Jungle Boogie it'll be pumpin'

Eat Us and Smile!
                  Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• philouze
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004

Spirit Of The Boogie
                    Jungle Boogie
                    Get Down On It
                    Misled
                    Ladies Night
                    Chickenshit Boogie

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Something interesting.....I was under the impression that K & TG was not opening on all dates, but LiveNation shows them as being the opener on ALL dates listed so far.

I am happy for K & TG. They get some massive exposure out of this.

I would like to hear the story of how this came about. Sure, I bet a dollar that it is Uncle Dave's doing, but I mean, does he know someone in the band? Or has he just been a fan of theirs forever? Did K & TG's management approach VH out of left field wanting to open for them? Would be interesting to hear things from the K & TG point of view....what they thought when approached.....I bet they were really surprised to be asked.....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        "Where's VA??"

"Oh he's still in the concourse drinking"

Have I mentioned that ??
                        Half drunk and shouting trying to have a conversation with 'Celebration' on in the background.

It will be like every wedding reception I've ever been to.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                          I agree with Binnie. Except I don't care about the Pron. I want to be in the bar across the street drinking with the VH peeps until VH comes on.
                          drinkin' out in the motorhome next to the semi trailers, throwin' the football around with the roadies
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

I don't care what anyone says, I dig the diversity, and I am fuckin' STOKED that these guys are opening.

I'm having my Capezio's re-soled, and I'm getting there early, 'cause HamDaddy's gonna get his mutherfuckin' swerve-on!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                              I don't care what anyone says, I dig the diversity, and I am fuckin' STOKED that these guys are opening.

I'm having my Capezio's re-soled, and I'm getting there early, 'cause HamDaddy's gonna get his mutherfuckin' swerve-on!
                              are there still nine in the band?
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Robert "Kool" Bell
                                Ronald Bell (Khalis Bayyan)
                                George Brown
                                Dennis Thomas
                                Clifford Adams
                                Sonnie "Skip" Martin
                                Shawn McQuiller
                                Rodney Ellis
                                Jirmad Gordon and Curtis "Fitz" Williams
                                Last edited by Dan; 01-08-2012, 01:27 AM. Reason: Sweet As Band
                                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...