• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barney G
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Panamark
    G'day Barney and welcome !

When I had my bike accident I remember being in the emergency room and thinking
    FUCK, I wont be able to play again. It was my number one thought the whole time.
    Glad to hear you are making progress there !
    Must be a huge relief in the circumstances.
    I only had 8 breaks, but all in my fretting arm.
    You beat me hands down there !!
    Best of luck getting back into it mate

Cheers,

-Mark

I have this large (and to me) odd looking plate in my fretting arm/wrist initially I had worries but it seemed to be the first thing that came good (properly). my real issue is the right leg which as I have stated was basically crushed. I think Ash posted pics of it somewhere.

Did you get back on a bike after your crash? (I intend to but I still like to hear either support or derision either way)
    Last edited by Barney G; 01-22-2012, 11:23 PM. Reason: to include original quote
    Victor Hugo - What evil good can be

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
      Geez Dan, just shut up already and move across with the other 30,000 kiwis a day !
      How Dare You And How Rude.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Barney G
        Full On Cocktard
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Dan
        What NRL Team Do You Support?
        I don't really follow a team, if any the Titans being the closest to home. By the time teams merged, we had the super league debacle, all the rot with things like the Coffs Harbour rape rubbish I lost interest for a while.

I still watch and appreciate a good game and instead of following a team I have teams I don't like, Bronco's, Bulldogs, Storm and if anyone is beating them I consider that to be a positive result. I tend to favour teams as well, such as Balmain (but they are wests as well now), Souths and for that matter even Auckland.

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Barney G
          I have this large (and to me) odd looking plate in my fretting arm/wrist initially I had worries but it seemed to be the first thing that came good (properly). my real issue is the right leg which as I have stated was basically crushed. I think Ash posted pics of it somewhere.

Did you get back on a bike after your crash? (I intend to but I still like to hear either support or derision either way)
          G'day Barney,

My left arm was shattered, compound fracture (got to see my own arm bones in shock ! lol)
          6 weeks after the accident I couldnt fret a first position "D" chord.

I remember that really freaking me out and in
          a way it helped speed up the recovery with my arm
          as I got really pigheaded about that "D" chord.

Then one day, I could do it again, then gradually
          moved onto more involved stuff. I feel now, if
          I wasnt such a lazy player the accident is not holding me back anymore.
          As for riding again.. Thats a toughie, I have 4 plates
          and about 28 screws in my left arm, I find that the natural
          vibrations from the bike and road agitate all that structure
          and you end up hurting. I just moved to a farm and are
          going to try a dirt bike to see how it is, I keep trying
          every 12 months, dont want to give false hope, but it
          seems to be getting better, but a lot slower than I hoped.

With your leg, obviously you need it for the gears and rear break
          which I reckon wont be your prob, the vibrations, even
          on a smooth road bike still got to me 12 months ago.
          And Im 7 years post accident...

I wanna ride dirt bikes with my son on the farm !
          That should be a good test..

Hey with the arm, a good positive is all that metal.
          I only have to brush someone and they are down for
          the count ! lol...
          I think I actually have a titanium elbow...

I got the scans somewhere, posted them here years ago
          after it happened. Great news that the guitar side of
          things is good, you will have that long after your
          biking days.

Everyones injury is different, you might find you have no issues when fully recovered.
          My arm aches when riding now, (as of 12 months ago)
          but Im about to give it another try. I can chop wood like a crazy man, so
          that gives me hope... Love all bikes
          Last edited by Panamark; 01-23-2012, 08:26 AM.
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Never a dull moment 'round these parts Barney.

Welcome and all the best for a full recovery.

Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

I spent 3 months in bed I never seeked medical attention. Two months walking with a big black boot. I have found that all the laying around got me to reviewing my life and getting all fucked up about what I had done .. the months of five vicodin a day seem to have made me a sad assed depressed and pissed off, wish I had done this or that different, backwards thinking constant life reviewing jaggoff..lol. Rerely use the drugs anymore.

It will be two years in April, this is about the 8 or 9th instance in my life where I ended up dead and somehow, here I still am. After so many I am all creeped out about my life choices.

I am still trying to cowboy my way thru without help, but I would recommend that you find someone to talk to about the pshycological bullshit that goes along with what I see as a life interupted wall, mainly because I hit my head so hard that I lost the whole day no clue what happened alone broken and on the side of a road.

My body healed itself, life is strong, , the body rocks on like a miracle, like the blooming of flowers every spring it will always be that way. You may have a stronger base than me family and friends..The, What, Where, Why, How and Holy Shit issues still linger.

Good Luck and keep a stiff upper lip.

EDIT: There is a Motorcycle thread in non that could use some commentary, if you want to, it isn't anything special, but I found that getting back up on the cycle has given me some closure with my self doubt issues. Your flat trac racing comments I read somewhere sounded intetresting or did I read that wrong...bad brain..lol
              Last edited by clarathecarrot; 01-23-2012, 11:18 AM.
              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

word to the motorcycle thread i have one friend who had a real bad cycle crash and promised his mom he wouldn't ride again. five years later, the itch to ride is killin' him. many others that get back up as soon as they are able. to each their own, i guess. donnon 'bout where you live, but sydney was very intimidating in a city bus, let alone on a scoot.
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  word to the motorcycle thread i have one friend who had a real bad cycle crash and promised his mom he wouldn't ride again. five years later, the itch to ride is killin' him. many others that get back up as soon as they are able. to each their own, i guess. donnon 'bout where you live, but sydney was very intimidating in a city bus, let alone on a scoot.
                  I rode a GSXR750 through Sydney a few times, you are right, not for the feint hearted.
                  Dudes are in a massive hurry and change lanes without looking, the buses
                  and taxis everywhere dont help much either...

The harbour tunnel was a "must do" before they installed speed cameras
                  That is a blast in the early hours of the morning with minimal cars. Need to cover
                  your plates now ........ I miss that 750......
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

cut my teeth on my old man's 79 yamaha 1100 special xs ? great old scoot...
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

where is the ol' barnacle? he's away visiting the rellies.

omg, when he sees you guys talking bikes...

Comment

• Barney G
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Jan 2012

Hey, I did the tunnel on my old ZX9 prior to cameras, what a hoot.

I was riding my CBR600RR Honda on the day of he accident and I also have (now - long story) and BMW r1150 tourer.

I will find the cycle thread, I promised Mum and Dad no more bikes and have raised my intent to break it a couple of times this week to be met with silence, but ultimately my call.

My next bike will be an Aprilia RSV4 Tuono, just waiting on the cash and recovery, I'm still on crutches and too much oxycontin to think about a bike just yet.

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Barney G
                          Hey, I did the tunnel on my old ZX9 prior to cameras, what a hoot.

I was riding my CBR600RR Honda on the day of he accident and I also have (now - long story) and BMW r1150 tourer.

I will find the cycle thread, I promised Mum and Dad no more bikes and have raised my intent to break it a couple of times this week to be met with silence, but ultimately my call.

My next bike will be an Aprilia RSV4 Tuono, just waiting on the cash and recovery, I'm still on crutches and too much oxycontin to think about a bike just yet.
                          Yeah I would say it will be a few weeks yet Barney !

Hey welcome to the tunnel club mate

Hey is it just me or does oxycontin not really kill the pain, just makes
                          you feel nice so you dont worry about the pain as much ?
                          I can always feel the pain still there with OC but feel so
                          much happier its easier to forget it.
                          So is it really a pain killer or brain diverter ???
                          I love the shit, I have some here left from my accident,
                          can easily see how people get hooked to it...
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Be carefull with Oxy people should know thier drugs in my opinion not the interactions ( written on the warnings sheet that you should read anyway), so much as what they do to you and how they work on your body ..not in a scientific way, but a plain speaking way of understanding what can go wrong.

Oxycontin works like this this; is a time release drug it is designed to breakdown slowly (very slowly) and divert pain receptor information over a period of time...here is what I am saying...( tell your kids this, if they are of the age thier peers are experimenting) ...you "will" have some of the pill left in you from 3 days ago that no longer triggers your high or relief and you take another one, to get relief then this goes on for 5 days and all of the sudden you have 1/2 each, of 12 pills that release inside you "at all once" and that is how these kids are od'ing. This even happens when taking the prescribed doses the way the doctor reccomends.

This is the only pill I describe as having a 1/2 life like nuclear waste, it is awfull and should be removed from the shelves and replace with a drug that will not stay in your system this long.

Even I don't take Oxy. I ask for 10mg (blue) Hydrocodone..but.. I also like straight drugs not combo, without 800mg of acetominaphine added..wteva.. All I am saying is Oxy is the most different releasing drug ever and the body cannot shake what happens when what is being released is stored in your fat ...you cannot throw it up you cannot take anything to make your body regect it...is going to all release at one time no matter what yuo do about it..be carefull.

It is like shooting smak 10 times in a week then on friday 1/2 of the smak you thought you were getting off on, decides to finally start working. Sneeky shit.
                            Last edited by clarathecarrot; 02-02-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

I like sneeky build ups !
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Me too! But the kids these days don't have the back catalogue us (at least me) have. I (1970s kids) was/were a drug test monkey growing thru my teens in the 1970's.

The 1960's started a drug culture but the 70's was when 50 or 60 new types of attitude adjusters were on the ready market.

By the time I was out of highschool I had determined what drugs could kill and wich ones would just get me where I needed to be and in what doses.

The sad thing was the non- users who got to college before they found thier drug days and had no group of friends to stick by them and help them sweat it out.

Plus like the modern eqivilents are more powerfull..I mean I had to cook my own crack.

All I have figured out is the furthur from the jungle or natural derivative the more it isn't fun, but more like a enemy.

Drug On Muthas!

Comment

Working...