Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I don’t follow anyone, anything, or you dysfunction. Go back to the rear of the line and wait your turn. When you’re called upon, try to answer the question. Don’t editorialize. Don’t voice an opinion. Don’t throw out a name or a label.

OK…….dysfunction?

Why are you here?
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• dysfunction
      Head Fluffer
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
      I don’t follow anyone, anything, or you dysfunction. Go back to the rear of the line and wait your turn. When you’re called upon, try to answer the question. Don’t editorialize. Don’t voice an opinion. Don’t throw out a name or a label.

OK…….dysfunction?

Why are you here?
      Are we pissed now that some OFFICIAL reviews have came out and they are good?

Comment

• jacksmar
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

No. Not at all. Unlike what you may think, I wouldn’t wish a bad show on those guys. Sam’s in, Dave’s not.

Why are you here?

Comment

• dysfunction
          Head Fluffer
          • Jun 2004

No. Not at all. Unlike what you may think, I wouldn’t wish a bad show on those guys. Sam’s in, Dave’s not.

Why are you here?
          Why are you here?

Comment

• jacksmar
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Better question.

Who the hell is Silvertide?

Comment

• jacksmar
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Roth Army. Like a fan club. Like people that Like Roth, and what he was for Van Halen, and the legacy he created for Van Halen.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

You know something...who gives a rat's ass how this show does to be honest with you...I've read those two reviews...and so be it...with all that's out there now...I can see this band being better than all that other shit...

it doesn't make it great, it makes it higher grade shit...

so fine...good reviews for the show...

I think that it's easy to forget about the way this band made it...and the reason why the name VH is what it is...Hagar singing Roth songs is scary...and him making Roth songs "his own" well...holy hell...we know he can do that...Hagar that is...make Roth songs his very own...and again...that doesn't mean they are good...

just a higher grade shit...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• jacksmar
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Agrees with Pojo.

Just went to the Silvertide website.
                  “Mary Jane” sung like Robnison from the Black Crows, what a surprise.

Comment

• Medicine Man

Originally posted by dysfunction
                    Are we pissed now that some OFFICIAL reviews have came out and they are good?
                    What does 'official review' mean? The reviews were financed by VH camp?

Comment

• BrownSound1
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Mar 2003

Music reviewers are usually guys who have no fuckin' clue as to what they're talking about. Point...the critics have panned Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, etc., in the past, and were dead wrong about them. They want you to think they're intellectual types when in reality, they couldn't fit in anywhere else on the paper or magazine. Let's be honest, it's just another assholes opinion....my opinion is Van Hagar sucks dick.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                        Did Van Hagar give those guys backdoor, I mean, backstage passes to write those nice articles about them?
                        Well, of course they did. Their handlers, anyway... in all honesty though, this is part and parcel of the game.
                        <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Good opinion...

Roth said it best...To the Critic...

"Whereever you are...and whatever you are doing...FUCK YOU!!!"

"I'm still right here..."

LMFAO...

obviously they don't know shit...

People need to give a listen to the shit back in 1984 and 5...not the music...but the way VH was talked about...most loved and hated...top of the world...to coin a shit song phrase...

if people were to compare that to whatever came after...well...it speaks for itself...

people rankle Roth fans for living in the past...but that's where their greatness lives...

is there anything more to living in the past than a 56 year old balladeer?....welcome to the late 80's and 90's...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                            Commando
                            • Apr 2004

I don’t follow anyone, anything, or you dysfunction. Go back to the rear of the line and wait your turn...
                            Close, but no cigar there jack.

See, the line is actually always at Town Idiots rear, with each awaiting their turn.
                            <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brownsound1
                              Music reviewers are usually guys who have no fuckin' clue as to what they're talking about. Point...the critics have panned Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, etc., in the past, and were dead wrong about them. They want you to think they're intellectual types when in reality, they couldn't fit in anywhere else on the paper or magazine. Let's be honest, it's just another assholes opinion....my opinion is Van Hagar sucks dick.
                              Although, most critics would also agree with you on that. Most critics now praise the original Van Halen and bitch about the Sammy line-up. History teaches us so much.
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• lms
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Apr 2004

I am not a follower. However, I am not some know it all punk who doesn't recognize and appreciate a valuable and accurate source of information when I find one. So piss off. I happen to like gslinger, and I enjoy his posts and pictures. But nothing that I read is taken as the holy gospel. And I mean nothing, here there or anywhere. As far as the reviews, I have eyes and ears and am able to form my own ideas about what I see and hear. Seeing, not reading, is believing. Blind faith if for the younger generation. I read it therefore it must be true... Well so and so said... whatever.

Read this: DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN. There now that you read it, you can go back to the links and spread the word. And this time, just stay there.
                                "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

Working...