Status
    Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i thought Dave sounded better than ever on the last tour.....maybe grumpy would be happy if he lip synced the entire show

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Her name is Margaret Nolan. The clip is from a film called Carry On Girls (nah, me neither), but she also appeared in Goldfinger as Bond's masseuse Dink. She was quite a number, back in the day.
    Ahh I thought it was Daphne from Frazier...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Dayum Craig.....glad you know who it is....I was expecting you to say something like "I dunno...just found the clip".

Yes, James' masseuse in Goldfungus.....and he was flirting with her just like he did with all the other bitches, lol.

Man...she is smoking hot!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude...there are naked pictures of her on the net!

Won't post in this thread. But WOW!

Dude.....Picture-palooza.....

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Look, Dave has lost a lot of his singing skills, but let's not ruin everybody's fun here. I know exactly what dopie is saying but this tour is more of a celebration of VH's legacy than anything else. So, let it be.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Dude...there are naked pictures of her on the net!

Won't post in this thread. But WOW!

Dude.....Picture-palooza.....
    Damn! I simply went to Photobucket for the image, as I was trying to save time while watching football. If I'd gone where I normally do for pictures (Google Image), my mind would have been blown, distracting me further and sidetracking me from bothering to post!

Thanks for the heads-up!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Last edited by pkolb; 01-08-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Corvette Driver
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummarstra View Post
    Look, Dave has lost a lot of his singing skills, but let's not ruin everybody's fun here. I know exactly what dopie is saying but this tour is more of a celebration of VH's legacy than anything else. So, let it be.
    I don't think he has lost em , his voice has changed , and changed around 92-94 , i cannot tell you what exactly happend but it changed a lot , maybe he got vocal lessons
    and that affected his voice ...who knows , he only knows . but that was the time when he lost the classic scream , he still has it but it's "hidden" , he tries it from time to time
    but i think he should try it more !

He tried a lot in this 99 performance at the beggining but he switched to his "james brown whistle" , at 3:03 he tried the classic scream
    but its clearly "hidden"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bASxvpYiSFU

He did it a lot here specially on the beggining ...but this is the way the classic scream is now : check 3:03 as well !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2RGW9-CIcE
    Last edited by Calderone; 01-08-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah Craig. Back in the 60s she was posing NAKED, not just 'topless'.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by if6was9 View Post
    You can be in a completely negative shitty mood and a nice pair of tits just seems to brighten the day.

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderone View Post
    I don't think he has lost em , his voice has changed , and changed around 92-94 , i cannot tell you what exactly happend but it changed a lot , maybe he got vocal lessons
    and that affected his voice ...who knows , he only knows . but that was the time when he lost the classic scream , he still has it but it's "hidden" , he tries it from time to time
    but i think he should try it more !

He tried a lot in this 99 performance at the beggining but he switched to his "james brown whistle" , at 3:03 he tried the classic scream
    but its clearly "hidden"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bASxvpYiSFU

He did it a lot here specially on the beggining ...but this is the way the classic scream is now : check 3:03 as well !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2RGW9-CIcE

Here is the deal. I used to be hooked up with a Speech Pathologist. She (and like your Dr.) knows that your vocal cords have no pain nerve endings. So you can rip them a new one without ever feeling it. Dave just got wise....saves that destruction now for special occasions. Laryingitis is why your Doctor pleads for you to be silent.
    Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-08-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Somebody get me a shot.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Corvette Driver
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The screams are not voice-based , its a "harmonic whistle" i have discussed that many times, i know how to do every single roth scream and i know how he does them.
    i learned to use the same techniques he does i can do the classic scream and the new ones as well and its not using the vocal chords.
    Here's a tune i recorded a while ago, i use some of the screams there , the classic scream is used on the solo around 1:50
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCrvpomE3rM
    Last edited by Calderone; 01-08-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The last time I heard Dave do the scream consistently was on Carson Daly ? Last Call 2004 ????

I have the performance somewhere, I could not find it on youtube. Dave ripped it up on that show and was killer on the scream and doing it alot that night.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The screams are not voice-based , its a "harmonic whistle" i have discussed that many times, i know how to do every single roth scream and i know how he does them.
    i learned to use the same techniques he does i can do the classic scream and the new ones as well and its not using the vocal chords.
    Here's a tune i recorded a while ago, i use some of the screams there , the classic scream is used on the solo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCrvpomE3rM
    I don't get it. How's it done then?

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bru87tr View Post
    The last time I heard Dave do the scream consistently was on Carson Daly ? Last Call 2004 ????

I have the performance somewhere, I could not find it on youtube. Dave ripped it up on that show and was killer on the scream and doing it alot that night.
    I remember that one and Dave did rip it up.

Corvette Driver
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JJtheVagPounder View Post
    I don't get it. How's it done then?
    I Remember the Carson Daly show , he did it quite well , the problem with the classic scream is that part of his throat is "covered" maybe because of aging
    and he is not able to do it anymore but ...he can do it if he practice a lot to bring it back , its not a thing of "he cannot hit the tone" because its has nothing to do with it.
    The whistle scream (james brown style scream) he does now its done by the same way but using "other pipe" . im getting extremely technical here...and im afraid you wont get me.
    I Will try to explain , have you ever put two nails and finger under your tongue and push air and whistle ? you see , thats not a vocal thing its a whistle !
    I Hope i explain my self ...here i use two dlr things : at 2:43 i use the 94picth scream then 3 small woooohoo using the "james brown whistle"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wasMmgmoaiQ

Steven Tyler high scream is done using the same thing but with another kind of pipe but he has it totally open and sounds like pure voice
    i can do it but not 100% ....i hope you guys understand and that's why im 1000% sure that Roth can get the classic scream back

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can do the "Whistle scream" perfectly and with control. But when I was young I could approximate the classic Roth scream somewhat.
    I think it has to do with getting old. And Dave smokes too. He really shouldn't do that

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dopie View Post
    Dave, please stop the screaming. The way you sing the first lines to Somebody Get Me A Doctor at the New York gig, for instance, is awful. Just stick to the great melodies. Your voice is at its best in the low/mid registers, as we all can hear on the great Van Halen albums. You can still reach those notes, so there is no need for that strange high pitched voice. I'm sure everybody knows what I'm talking about here.

And Dave, please pay a bit more attention to your timing. On record it's always perfect, but live, it seems that you sometimes forget the words, so you are too late. Well, find a way to remember them. Don't get me wrong, David Lee Roth has one of the greatest voices in rock and he still can be a great frontman. But most of the time, the live singing could be a lot better. It's not a karaoke show, it's your profession.

So, there I said it.

Rotharmy's Paula Abdul
    :dafinger::dafinger::dafinger::dafinger::dafinger:
    Last edited by malakas; 01-08-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave is Dave...I mean, I can agree with some of what dopie says to a degree, but I'm not looking for Roth live to sound exactly like the records, mostly because he never sang live exactly like he did on the records in the first place.

One of the solid aspects of the 2007-2008 shows was that Roth really buckled down and actually sang more of the actual verses than he did when CVH were still around (he even managed to get the 2nd verse to Romeo Delight correct, as opposed to the Diver Down tour(s) when he always managed to "forget the fucking words" to that one). Having seen Roth live in 2005 and 2006, I was a bit concerned that he would approach reuniting with Van Halen in the same manner that he approached his solo shows far as vocals went: the truth was that Roth wasn't always singing a good chunk of the lyrics at those shows on those post-Sam&Dave solo tours, and was taking quite a few lazy vocal shortcuts, kind of mumbling lyrics at times in a sort of haphazard Vegas lounge act style.

Roth brought his A game to the last Van Halen reunion. Yeah, I can understand about the strained mid-range yelp he utilizes at times these days. The dude is almost 60. You gotta preserve what you got.

It ain't the splits-off-the-drum-riser, ultra-high banshee screech era anymore. That's gone. However, based on the last go-around with Van Halen a few years back, I have no doubt Roth will buckle down, exhibit professional discipline and provide as high of a top-notch entertainment spectacle as he is capable of.

Eddie Van Halen is the fucking question mark in my mind, and that fuck owes me a decent show after the drunken spectacle I shelled out upwards of half a grand to see four years ago. If he pulls that shit again this time around, fuck him and fuck Van Halen, 'cuz I'll be done with 'em (at least unitl the next time)
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    I can do the "Whistle scream" perfectly and with control. But when I was young I could approximate the classic Roth scream somewhat.
    I think it has to do with getting old. And Dave smokes too. He really shouldn't do that
    Being a casual or light (never mind heavy) longtime smoker will fuck with your vocal chords, even if one isn't a singer.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As always, Terry nails it.......

To me that's the whole point......who wants to go to a concert and hear a perfect recreation of the songs from the albums.....boring and at these prices I'd rather stay home and listen to the six-pack[plus new album]. Drinks are cheaper and there's usually no lines to the pisser

Van Halen never did that and to me that was/is what makes them great!
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    DAVE is in his late 50's................

NOBODY sounds like they did when they were 25 when they're in their 50's..............

Not Robert Plant............

not Bono.....nor Ronnie James Dio....not Sting....not nobody no how.......

Only retards extpect singers to keep their range forever...............

FARK! Even SINATRA lost his range as he got older...ain't NOBODY the singer 'ol BLUES EYES was................

grow up and deal with............................

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I never said he should sound exactly like the records. All I tried to say was: cut the "94pitch" (that's how some people like to call it), because it sounds stupid on these classic tracks. Stick a bit more to the (great) melodies and the (fantastic) original timing. It wasn't recorded that good by accident. Again, I love Van Halen. No intention to spoil the party at all. I must say I'm a bit shocked by the middle fingers and all that.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No don't be. We don't trash you unless we value what you say.

Oh dear.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shocked?

Hell, I thought people were being kind to you

Go read some of the nastier flame wars we've had here, if you really want to be shocked.......

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I never said he should sound exactly like the records. All I tried to say was: cut the "94pitch" (that's how some people like to call it), because it sounds stupid on these classic tracks. Stick a bit more to the (great) melodies and the (fantastic) original timing. It wasn't recorded that good by accident. Again, I love Van Halen. No intention to spoil the party at all. I must say I'm a bit shocked by the middle fingers and all that.
    Van Halen never kept perfect timing.....ever live!

Eddie would come in late or miss coming out of the solo all the time.

Go to the boots section and listen to CVH live.........

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ok, doing a little research I think the Carson Daly was in 2002.

Dave was hitting those screams with ease in 2002 when on tour with Brian Young, Ray Luzier & James Lomenzo. That was a great band and they played the songs top notch and Dave sounded really great.

I always wondered if he was practicing the scream for that tour cause before that he could not do it so well. Only a couple years later and it was rare to hear him do it. But in 2002, he was easily doing it for the most part.

If you search and watch most any 2002 performance with that band, he did it a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-PH...eature=related

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Dave sounds great currently,

Of course he's gotten older and his voice is "different" but it's still good,

Listen to him in Somebody Get Me A Doctor at Cafe Wha?, I have to say that's the best I've heard him sing it in a LONG time, love ever second of it.

(Here's the multicam I made from the show WITH audio upgrade)

Listen to him at the 16:53 mark,

"Down That Draaaaaaaaaaain!!" sounds so good.
    Last edited by nitroDave23; 01-08-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave, please stop the screaming. The way you sing the first lines to Somebody Get Me A Doctor at the New York gig, for instance, is awful. Just stick to the great melodies. Your voice is at its best in the low/mid registers, as we all can hear on the great Van Halen albums. You can still reach those notes, so there is no need for that strange high pitched voice. I'm sure everybody knows what I'm talking about here.

And Dave, please pay a bit more attention to your timing. On record it's always perfect, but live, it seems that you sometimes forget the words, so you are too late. Well, find a way to remember them. Don't get me wrong, David Lee Roth has one of the greatest voices in rock and he still can be a great frontman. But most of the time, the live singing could be a lot better. It's not a karaoke show, it's your profession.

So, there I said it.
    Next you're going to want him to stop telling his stories between songs!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I love sucking homeless bums' unwashed cocks.
    Ooooooooooooooooook........
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    I actually find this to be a great line..
    I like that he thinks people need luck with that.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummarstra View Post
    He sounded great the other night. Not perfect, but when was he ever? His voice was strong and I didn't notice any obvious errors.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I Remember the Carson Daly show , he did it quite well , the problem with the classic scream is that part of his throat is "covered" maybe because of aging
    and he is not able to do it anymore but ...he can do it if he practice a lot to bring it back , its not a thing of "he cannot hit the tone" because its has nothing to do with it.
    The whistle scream (james brown style scream) he does now its done by the same way but using "other pipe" . im getting extremely technical here...and im afraid you wont get me.I Will try to explain , have you ever put two nails and finger under your tongue and push air and whistle ? you see , thats not a vocal thing its a whistle !
    I Hope i explain my self ...here i use two dlr things : at 2:43 i use the 94picth scream then 3 small woooohoo using the "james brown whistle"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wasMmgmoaiQ

Steven Tyler high scream is done using the same thing but with another kind of pipe but he has it totally open and sounds like pure voice
    i can do it but not 100% ....i hope you guys understand and that's why im 1000% sure that Roth can get the classic scream back
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedMurder View Post
    He sounded great the other night. Not perfect, but when was he ever? His voice was strong and I didn't notice any obvious errors.
    Exactly my point.....Ed has, on numerous occasions, acknowledged tons of mistakes that are on their Albums.........Pretty Woman is a classic example and it's not just on their covers, either!

Live and on record these guys have winged it....hell, they made a career out of it!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's what makes this band so fun,

They just show up and rock the house down.You know, that party vibe, Van Halen are a party band.

Dave just happens to be the party

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Exactly my point.....Ed has, on numerous occasions, acknowledged tons of mistakes that are on their Albums.........Pretty Woman is a classic example and it's not just on their covers, either!

Live and on record these guys have winged it....hell, they made a career out of it!
    Often, the best moments and memorable parts of a show are in the so-called imperfections.
    I'm also a big fan of The Who, and one of their best live performances was at the Concert for NYC in 2001. They were rusty, barely rehearsed and were quite emotional about the whole thing. It was sloppy, but the raw emotion made it so intense -- and one of my favorite live performances. A technically perfect show (as if The Who has ever done one of those!) would never have been nearly as riveting.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedMurder View Post
    Often, the best moments and memorable parts of a show are in the so-called imperfections.
    I'm also a big fan of The Who, and one of their best live performances was at the Concert for NYC in 2001. They were rusty, barely rehearsed and were quite emotional about the whole thing. It was sloppy, but the raw emotion made it so intense -- and one of my favorite live performances. A technically perfect show (as if The Who has ever done one of those!) would never have been nearly as riveting.
    Agreed, The Who brought it that night and are another great example of a band winging it live........like I said earlier, if you want a band to recreate the album perfectly live, why bother! Just sit at home and listen to the record.

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    talking about winging it..how bout bottoms up?...Dave is laughing on the com umm umm umm baby...that shit is what make Dave great...hes one of a kind

Thread Information