Thread: Hey Rube...Yet About A Day Or Two Before This Albums Drops...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Hey Rube...Yet About A Day Or Two Before This Albums Drops...

This is posted as a nod, a wink and a tribute to the late, great Hunter S. Thompson.

...I pretty much plan to to turn off my computer, take that really goofy "Snuggy" I got from a distant relative for Christmas (seriously, it has a Superman print all over the damned thing), and throw it over my computer.

I already have a well stocked armory, so...I'll first go to my local liquor store (I'll explain where to get a vehicle in a moment), and stock up on the needed liquids to assist in studying this significant artifact. Yes, this will amount in an expenditure of over seventy five dollars. Of course, I'll also make a change of protocol by actually speaking with the two clueless twits that maintain my swimming pool, to see if they are in any sort of pipeline to purchase the sort of drugs I normally can not find in in my normal line of work. I'll later go to Best Buy, Wal Mart or Target (whichever is closest), buy the damned album and listen to it, repeatedly and loudly, preferably in a temporally borrowed convertible owned my neighbor whose dogs bark all night. (These bastards deserve to have their cars stolen, and believe that barking dogs will prevent theft. Fucking morons...) I'll make up my own mind as to how the fucking album works or desnt's after driving all night to the other coast, and crashing in a the cheapest hotel offering a vacancy sign, and only offer a report or maybe refrain entirely from doing so depending upon the service I receive. Shit, there might be a couple of desperate, underpaid sportswriters lost between buses that can offer up some insight as to properly laying bets on a couple of upcoming events. (Thank God or someone like him for these lost souls.)Who cares? There is simply something exhilarating about listening to music loudly while driving drunkenly and recklessly in a car (in an area where you can not hurt anyone else) that belongs not to you that just makes you feel at one with life.

I find it astounding how folks can make predictions of how valid this record is gonna be, based upon one or two crummy clips from a live gig and a 28 second sample of a recording.

Yeah, yeah...it's the internet, baby. Everyone is entitled to instant editorials, thoughtless testimonials and for Christ's sake, clueless, uninformed opinions from dubious sources.

At this point, I don't care, friends. I have a plan. I have the release date, I know where to get the needed supplies, and even better...I know where my neighbors leave the keys to that (red) convertible I mentioned(and fuck these mutants altogether for blasting Journey and other crappy tunes over their satellite radio systems each week during their crummy BBQs each Sunday) .
    Now, about getting that car back...screw 'em all.

Life is fucking good, friends. Listen to it loudly, with a highly attuned ear. The alternative is fucking off in silence. Yer choice, gang.

chef.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 01-09-2012 at 12:53 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Chef, you know and I know that you live right next to VAiN and I. On the day of the release, we will be taking the day off. Please come and join us. Drink beer with us. Talk Van Halen and life with us. You know us as good peeps, we know you as good peeps, it makes sense. So I say to you, do not spend this day alone. Spend it at the party we plan to live.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JJtheVagPounder View Post
    Chef, you know and I know that you live right next to VAiN and I. On the day of the release, we will be taking the day off. Please come and join us. Drink beer with us. Talk Van Halen and life with us. You know us as good peeps, we know you as good peeps, it makes sense. So I say to you, do not spend this day alone. Spend it at the party we plan to live.
    I'm there, brother. Let us share phone numbers at a time that I shall actually write them down coherently. Gimme 24 hours or so, as my eyes see through my glasses as looking through a fucking ice cube.

And it would make some good common sense if our tickets were all situated amongst us, rather than you guys sitting together and I'm out there in the motherfucking nose-bleeds some wheres, alone.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It makes sense to JJ. And most likely to VAiN. I will PM you tomorrow, baby. GodDAMN, I say, they are BACK! AND I AM DRUNK!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes!! Let's do this! It's on all day Feb 7 - I told work I have something important happening!!, I'm looking forward to cracking beer with you, Chef..and we'll get a block of tickets for the show - not to worry!..

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It sounds like a PARTY to JJ!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OK< we shall hook it all up soon. But, seriously, let's do it when I can actually see the keyboard. I'm not kidding you jokers, the only way I'm getting this accrios is wit spell-check..

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JJtheVagPounder View Post
    It sounds like a PARTY to JJ!
    Oh yes-ah! This will be the best Tuesday ever!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry guys, I'm burnt to a crisp after this past few days. Hitting the bed.

And I love the hell out of all y'all.

Be well. We shall make this cool.

Thread Information