The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThatArtGuy
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
    Eddie is playing better live than the entire time I have
    posted here.!
    Exactly. That's why I said, "Welcome back, Ed. We missed ya."
    I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• TJMKID
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
      i'm picturin' dave doin' these vocals in studio "a". and the boys in studio "5150". the next one recorded together? fuckin' a, just wow

Sammy "Fat Cunt" Hagar's exact quote from March 2011:

“I don’t see a new Van Halen record happening,” he said. “I don’t see [Roth] and Eddie being able to work it out. I’ve heard stories about what’s going on.”

Comment

• fifth element
        Commando
        • Nov 2010

had to listen to it a few times through, but can honestly say that it's growing on me!

the band sounds grea!
        hope the rest is as pleasant a surprise as this one was....

RothOn!
        “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Well...hmmm...

I gotta be honest...when I first heard the clip...didn't like it so much...there was something about it that reminded me of, hell...not sure what....

What I liked about the initial listens were Ed's sound...no...not the Brownsound...but there was a fullness to his playing that makes me think that he's heading in the right direction...

I also love the rhythm section here...there's definitely a wall of sound to all this...

I liked the lyrics, of what I could understand...but there was a polished piece to this that I didn't like...in particular with Dave's voice...

Now, having listened several times, it's growing on me. There's a raunch to it...the Down in Flames riff, is dragged down a bit, which I like...and there are moments in this song where you hear Van Halen from the late 70's...

Then I kept listening...and while it still remains overproduced, there's something about the song...the title...the way it's put together...that's just fucking Dave...clearly Dave...

and that fucking raunch just screams what this band was...and really...is...

it's got me curious...this blend that they are putting together...will the album have old school...new school...a blend...or all of the above?

Should be interesting...can't wait to buy it...

CLICK ON THAT FUCKING LINK WHEN IT'S FINALLY UP BITCHES....
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Fucking Raunchy...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• qikgts
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              Fucking Raunchy...
              I dig it.
              You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• fifth element
                Commando
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Little Texan
                This is gonna be the most requested song on radio tomorrow, bet on it!
                you know it....

I can here it now...introducing Van Halen's new single....Tattoo....

requested by: Sarge, VH, Little Texan, SunisinuS, WARF, fifth element, Pink Spider, SNIPER, PETE'S BROTHER+, gbranton, POJO_Risin, steve, sadaist+, K-tuna, Panamark, DFVH5150, TJMKID,i ntruder27, mohican, akuma, glimmer1984, Zing!, ThatArtGuy, DlocRoth, python3, NATEDOG001976, lien, 6discs2die4, lesfunk, Rikk, jpage78, neuralfraud, Insomniac73, evil_lil, Floridaman1985, TFM_Dale, High Life Man, nitroDave23, slage33, greg_hdkr, moose, tjbierman, Van Squalen, DR CHIP, WildTurkey, SeaVHfan, brian12069, hain23x, scott b, fryingdutchman, bigtrouble77, So this is love, chefcraig, Ford, Kwame_k, Bob_R, Hardrock69....

and all of the other Van halen fans who haunt this site day and night........
                Last edited by fifth element; 01-10-2012, 02:50 AM.
                “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                  I once pissed off the Soup Nazi.
                  Oh? How so? I would be so intimidated to go to his place....

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Wow! I was just sitting here bummed out because due to my being unemployed, I no longer have credit cards....2 Amex and 2 Visas....both now turned over to collection agencies.

And I want to buy this song. Sure, I am downloading the youtube video, but fuck that, I want the real deal.

Then I realized....Hey...I gots a couple of Visa gift cards!

Only problem....I am not sure I could download it in a good enough quality that I could do so inside 6 hours on my crummy dialup connection. I am downloading the very worst possible quality from Youtube now just so I can hear the entire song. I did just download the 90-second clip, and WOW...me is much impressed vs. the 30 second clip. And reading you guys reviews.....the full bug is way better than just the 90-second clip....so goddamn it...I cannot wait!

NEW FUCKING VAN HALEN BITCHES! WOOOHOO!!!!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by qikgts
                      I dig it.
                      Fuckin' Swagger. Fucking talk to Elvis!
                      Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-10-2012, 02:57 AM. Reason: Or just grab my leg an Hula as I walk.
                      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

first time I EVER downloaded music for money...and it's a fucking great song...and there is one little second at 3:43 when Dave laughs his way into the chorus and THAT'S what makes me feel the magic again!

I'm all happy that they don't try to cover themselves. Lyrics are brillant as usual...

Man, we over here in Berlin waited 28 years for the wall to fall down...an I waited 28 years to hear that shit again...not epic, not legendary...it's history...
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

Search this thread hardrock. I do not link it...but search all the posts from LesFunk. I know baby, I was on the streets earlier this year when a love and I disagreed. This place kept me in touch with life and people....used to post from a Library.

Hang in.

Roth On!
                          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• mug
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2005

Ok it's 30 degrees in green bay and i'd have just heard tattoo, it has warmed to 100. WOW. Eddie is there. Alex is there. Wolfgang is there?
                            But Dave is on fire, awesome vocals for someone who people called washed up long ago. I hope a On fire is on this cd!

??//

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Goddammit.....still not up. When I DO buy it, I WILL do it through RothArmy. Pojo? I would assume you will get a cut of the proceeds for the site by clicking on the link?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

and BTW the new album and the gig at the café wha? was mentioned in the GERMAN news...holy shit...last time I read something about =VH= here was when there was the Ga y Cherone debacle...
                                Roth Army Icon
                                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...