The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grit
    Roadie
    • Oct 2011

"Why they’re doing it now I have no idea, but I think it’s about time. I personally don’t think that what they have just released, what I have seen and heard, is great at all. It should be better than it is but hey, it is what it is and at least they got together and at least they came out with something, that’s all I can say, you know. God bless them but I was expecting a lot more."
    Fat Sammy is at it again! If this has been posted sorry, missed it!

The Fat Bastard has to slam Van Halen any chance he gets. You would think the prick would learn his lesson about shooting his mouth off! Chickenfoot is a piece of crap and he has the guts to comment on Van Halen! What a fuckin DICK!

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

I've now listened to this tune countless times, and it just gets better. I notice more little subtleties. But this one was a first ... I've seen some other posts where people were saying the bass part seems to slow it down. Well, you know what? I just listened to it at full volume thru the hi-fi and thought ... This has a real 'And the Cradle Will Rock' vibe that I never pcked up on, 'cos before I had been often listening for 'Down In Flames'. Even Ed's lead guitar lines are harking back to that Cradle Will Rock feel.

Good sign, gentlemen and ladies.
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Straight from Diamond Dave Enterprises....

Hi VA, getting a broken image at this end, is it just me ?
        Maybe "Fucking" Austalia is firewalled by photobucket
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Just you mate, I can see it fine...
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Grit
            "Why they’re doing it now I have no idea, but I think it’s about time. I personally don’t think that what they have just released, what I have seen and heard, is great at all. It should be better than it is but hey, it is what it is and at least they got together and at least they came out with something, that’s all I can say, you know. God bless them but I was expecting a lot more."
            Fat Sammy is at it again! If this has been posted sorry, missed it!

The Fat Bastard has to slam Van Halen any chance he gets. You would think the prick would learn his lesson about shooting his mouth off! Chickenfoot is a piece of crap and he has the guts to comment on Van Halen! What a fuckin DICK!
            I reckon we could have almost predicted that quote word for word. Its daylight better than the songs he did a few years back on the Van Hagar reunion.
            The man is so classy ! (NOT)
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Just you mate, I can see it fine...
              Bugger ! I would like to see the hand written lyrics. Will have to find out why my
              PC is blocking photobucket. Thanks
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                The man is so classy ! (NOT)
                We have to keep in mind that he is pushing 70 years of age.
                Can't drive 55.
                Can't write a decent song.
                Can't put on his own pants.
                WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• neuralfraud
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2010

Guys. PLEASE. TATTOO. 'nuff said.

?Is it me or does the bass sound different during the solo? the bass seems to lose it's gritty bite.. then soon as the solo is over with.. comes back.

Conspiracy theories in 3...2...1...

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    I can't stand the reworked video...can't stand it at all...
                    Apart from the awkward shot of "Mike" and the Van Hagar logos, more of this video looks
                    (or appears) to actually match Dave's mouth with the audio. (Possibly as he only included
                    the parts where it does somewhat sync. Personally I dont like watching out of sync singing.
                    This rework made that a little less noticeable. Someone else may like that out of sync deal
                    and think its arty. I find it awkward and it makes me stop the clip. Each to their own
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      Sam era is bad enough...but CHERONE-ERA...downright shameful...
                      I didn't notice that until you guys pointed that out. It's clever -- especially the clip of the Asian Dude from Cafe Wha? -- but I think there's too much going on visually at one time. Also, the juxtaposition of very young women getting tattoos with the nearly 60-year-old guys looks kind of creepy.

This one is well done and I can see why it's going to be popular, but I prefer the original.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by binnie
                        Van Halen has a 'grand plan'?

Who'da thunk it?

Great point, Binnie!
                        I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

The 'fan' video can suck it.
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                            The 'fan' video can suck it.

I liked when Dave was wearing the jacket with hood & sunglasses. On the official video, I didn't realize he is mouthing the words to elvis talks & hula girl on his leg there. Good catch by the maker of the fan video for seeing that & synching it up properly.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

I couldn't care less if the lip synching is right or not...Dave has always been "a little bit left of center"...so what...if they'd wanted it to be perfect they'd done it perfect...it is exactly the way they want it to be...
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Jetstream
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Dec 2011

Tattoo sucks, it is sucking up the competition and spitting it out and the competition better be ready 'for a different kind of truth' next month
                                I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...