The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KarenCarpenter
    Groupie
    • Aug 2005

Ah fresh air... Boy I can't stand Chickenshit assholes... Look it is that simple... I will always love Mike for what he did with =VH=, but now, it's Wolfie Van Halen the bass player and background singer for =VH=, so..., and oh yes... Eddie's just starting to crush Satriani's head, so fuck him...

I think I've listened to the song about 50 times already..., ' love it...

Roland Chayer - Classic Rock Mix 01
    http://rolandchayer.com
    Facebook:

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I am MIXED about the whole situation. I absolutely LOVE the song... but the video is detrimental to the single.

The words aren't in sync with the Roths' mouth... I feel like I am watching a SHAW BROTHERS kung fu flick.

I feel they were trying to capture the essence of JUMP, the video looks very low budget. So I would say the special effects in JUMP seem more fresh.

I also don't like the video shot in Black and White....

The song is about Dave returning to VAN HALEN...

Put it in color.... AREN'T TATTOOS IN COLOR???

I was expecting a bunch of hot models wearing next to nothing showing their tattoos... something more creative...

The video seems like an afterthought... something intended for a promo that they made official.

With all that being said... I REALLY LOVE THIS SONG!!!!

So who cares about the video.... the days of MTV requesting this shit is over anyways!

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
        Head Fluffer
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Anyone else find themselves just hitting "replay" over and over ??
        Hell, YEAH!

Between this and "She's The Woman," I cannot wait for the album! Before last week, I knew I'd buy the album no matter what (being the first new Dave-infused VH in more than a quarter century), but I have a feeling A Different Kind Of Truth could be one my all-time favorite albums.

What I've heard so far seems (to me) to be the perfect mix of CVH (the 6-pack) with a grown-up flavor.

Comment

• if6was9
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2007

Some reviews:

http://www.billboard.com/new-releases/track-review-van-halen-tattoo-1005832552.story

In our post on the "Veteran artists coming back with new albums in 2012", we touted Van Halen as one of the hottest acts to look out for this year. With David

Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by KarenCarpenter
            Ah fresh air... Boy I can't stand Chickenshit assholes... Look it is that simple... I will always love Mike for what he did with =VH=, but now, it's Wolfie Van Halen the bass player and background singer for =VH=, so..., and oh yes... Eddie's just starting to crush Satriani's head, so fuck him...

I think I've listened to the song about 50 times already..., ' love it...

As a matter of fact I never even listen to an Chickenshit song is it any good? Just hearing SH voice annoys me so much... ANYWAYS LETS NOT SPOIL THIS GREAT DAY!!!!!ROCK ON!! Tattoo! Tattoo!!
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by WARF
              I am MIXED about the whole situation. I absolutely LOVE the song... but the video is detrimental to the single.

The words aren't in sync with the Roths' mouth... I feel like I am watching a SHAW BROTHERS kung fu flick.

I feel they were trying to capture the essence of JUMP, the video looks very low budget. So I would say the special effects in JUMP seem more fresh.

I was expecting a bunch of hot models wearing next to nothing showing their tattoos... something more creative...

The video seems like an afterthought... something intended for a promo that they made official.

So who cares about the video.... the days of MTV requesting this shit is over anyways!
              I get that the video is indeed underwhelming.

Maybe its because Dave knows that there really isn't an MTV anymore but just youtube/vevo.

Whatever.

There will be more videos (I hope) and maybe we'll get a wacked out, Dave-style video.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Originally posted by K-tuna
                Sure thing @dickuphisSINUSS's.

Lol that is the fourth time you have tried to spell sinus and still failed.

Rockabye Baby is the album fer ya. No politics on it.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Grit
                  Roadie
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by lesfunk
                  It shouldn't bother anybody. It's not Bruce Springsteen for fuck sake, Its a Rock and Roll Song!
                  Right, I was just responding to another post that slammed the song a bit for getting political. It's sounding better every listen!

Comment

• Catfish
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

My only real beef with the video is no high kicks from Dave and Dave isn't holding a mic. But I understand that he can't do all the dance moves with a mic in his hand.

Comment

• K-tuna
                      Groupie
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by So this is love
                      As a matter of fact I never even listen to an Chickenshit song is it any good? Just hearing SH voice annoys me so much... ANYWAYS LETS NOT SPOIL THIS GREAT DAY!!!!!ROCK ON!! Tattoo! Tattoo!!
                      OOF... that stuff is kinda sad. previewed it on Itunes. Satriani and Chad Smith are talented mofos...but its like they phoned it in....all of it...on all of it.LOL
                      "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Loving the song and loved the video it did the trick but I must admit I didn't get the poor synching .. It must be deliberate but why . Fuck it , it didn't spoilt it and i still think it looked rock n roll.
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          I get that the video is indeed underwhelming.

Maybe its because Dave knows that there really isn't an MTV anymore but just youtube/vevo.

Whatever.

There will be more videos (I hope) and maybe we'll get a wacked out, Dave-style video.
                          The footage they shot doesn't match the video.

It feels a bit contrived....

It's awkward watching Dave's mouth go back and forth between being in sync and out of sync...

Dave has always had the best videos... The picasso brothers... Yankee Rose.... panama.. hot for teacher... EVEN SHOO BOP...

You know you're watching a David Lee Roth vid... he was the master in the 80's.

I think it's IMPORTANT still to have a great video to match the personality of the song.

Dave seemed to go down hill with videos starting with SENSIBLE SHOES....

Just very boring... the follow up video TELL THE TRUTH sucks too... I think BOTH videos is what killed ALAE.

Of course I would have picked DROP IN THE BUCKET or IT'S SHOWTIME as singles over the previous two... and i'm not saying I don't like those songs.... just very bland videos!

Comment

• Catfish
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

From that video review posted above.... this is the best line yet about the song:

"Few singers over 50 can wail "sexy dragon magic" with as much committment as Roth does; it's all ugly silly decralation but Dave totally owns it and his authority assures that at least a stadium's worth of fans will be screaming it during the tour. Maybe two stadiums."

Fuck yeah!!!!!

Comment

• KarenCarpenter
                              Groupie
                              • Aug 2005

The video is not important at all, I looked at it about 3 or 4 times... (the song: 50+)... The album/songs and the tour is the shit..., the good shit.

Roland Chayer - Classic Rock Mix 01
                              http://rolandchayer.com
                              Facebook:

Comment

• njbill
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by lesfunk
                                Bwahahahaha!@

Catpiss in da house! How you've been missed Brother! Mean Machine Nigga!
                                LOL @ Mean Machine...when is THAT reunion?
                                Last edited by njbill; 01-10-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...