The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bru87tr
    Commando
    • Apr 2004

I have listened to it more and more and I will admit, there are alot of ways my brain is thinking it will go.

So this tune could turn out great. I hate where it stops, they are really killing us with this snippet they released.
    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Golden AWe
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I've listened to the whole song two times now. The song is WEIRD! It's like Cato, Brian Young and Dave drank sake, forgot Johnny Winter and sent a tape to Eddie and a producer.

It's very, very strange unexpected, but I'm not saying I don't like it. I want to hear the whole album now, and before that, some more of this!

Only bad thing I can say is that the beginning is the best, and catchiest, the whole song doesn't live up to the catchy beginning.

The best thing: It's new, surprising and it has more sunshine than a thousand hagaritas in yellow bikinis and lightbulbs

PS. oh yeah and the funny and strange "japanese" keyboards really grow on me, sound silly at first, then grow into a zappasque flavor!!!
      Last edited by Golden AWe; 01-09-2012, 06:40 PM.
      Originally posted by Cato
      Golden, why are you FAT?
      Originally posted by lesfunk
      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

My pay pal is not working either. Is there anywhere to steam the whole song? I'm gonna BUYthe single when I can and maybe even two or three copies of the cd and spend tons of money on concert tix. It's not like Ed will not get my money I need to hear it now I am dying over Here.

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by if6was9
          OK, so I've bought it.

All I can say after just 1 listening is: VAN HALEN IS BACK !!!!!!!

My hopes were low, but the track is oficially fuckin' awesome.
          Ok, if this guy likes it, then it has to be good!

Comment

• bru87tr
            Commando
            • Apr 2004

Is it even going to be released on itunes ? I haven't heard anything about an itunes release.

I would think it would be.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think this was the starting point for the writing but it went in a bit of a different direction.

Comment

• if6was9
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Little Texan
                Ok, if this guy likes it, then it has to be good!
                LIKES it? I LOVE it!
                To be honest, I shed a tear when Ed started the solo. I know it sounds gay, but who cares.
                Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• mewisemagic
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

Well we know I-Tunes NZ has it......Im hoping they drop it around midnight here in the states
                  Originally posted by bru87tr
                  Is it even going to be released on itunes ? I haven't heard anything about an itunes release.

I would think it would be.

Comment

• brian12069
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Jun 2005

I'm streaming The Rock 96.5 in New Zealand. I'm thinking they have to play it today.

Comment

• hain23x
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2004

After hearing it out of a transister radio at work all day i finally got to burn it and drive around and crank it up.

I kept having one of those moments, like in the movie Ratatouille where the food critics takes that bite and it's so incredible that he is transported back to the time he was a kid eating it, everytime it got to that line about the mousewife to momshell.

I can't explain it.

it was almost overwhelming.

and it made me realize just what this band and their music has meant to me since pretty much 1982.

I can' wait for the album
                      Eat Us and Smile!
                      Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• bru87tr
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2004

You guys, it is awesome!!!!

1:20 preview in itunes NZ. Let it change your store to itunes NZ and woohoo, you are hearing the new tune~!!

Comment

• lesfunk
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

A very radio friendly hook. Dave keeps it from going into Van Hagar territory. Chorus is cool. Eddie sounds good overall but kind of processed, not Brown.
                          But What the fuck? It's new VH and I am itching to hear the rest. I'll bet the album treatment of She's the Woman will be huge sounding.
                          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• bru87tr
                            Commando
                            • Apr 2004

This song rocks!!!! The 1:20 preview will defintiely get your tougue wet.

I can't wait to get it, it is so much better than I thought it would be. Dave can still come up with a great melody after all these years.

Comment

• SNIPER
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bru87tr
                              This song rocks!!!! The 1:20 preview will defintiely get your tougue wet.

I can't wait to get it, it is so much better than I thought it would be. Dave can still come up with a great melody after all these years.
                              And where might one find this gem? I have only heard the short clip.

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

ah, nevermind. thanks!

Comment

Working...