The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Less synth..more Wolf...other than that..love it.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ThatArtGuy
      Actually, it's "Mousewife to bombshell." M's and B's look similar when spoken. The word momshell makes no sense in context with the song, even for Dave.
      Yeah momshell , its the title of some book coming out and if you type in momshell into google its comes up with other stuff ....its kinda like one those terms that women use in glossy mags ..... or so its appears if you put it into google
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

Still sounds like a "B" and not a "M" to me.
        I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• lesfunk
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

we should discuss this in the "Lyric" thread
          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

K - Tuna >>>I STILL think strategically, this song being the first release was a bad move...ESPECIALLY because of the good will they got in the press after the Cafe Wha' performance. Yeah , I know this was concrete before the gig, but i woulda scrambled to get STW out there instead.

I kind of agree with you on this part myself.
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• chuckie lee
              Groupie
              • Jan 2012

Wow..... Even here??

I know I am new and all, but jeeeez louizzzze. More negativity than I would have ever thought from this place of worship... Whatever, I love the tune bigtime..And I think the video is cool.. Could it have been better, yeah.. So what, I am thrilled to see my idol next to the greatest guitar player in the world.. And, they are both pumped, psyced and in synch... On an even better note, just got my tixx for BOSTON, amex pre sale. Loge 4 row 9 seats 8-11... Pinch me, does xmas really last this long......

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by lesfunk
                good point
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
                  K - Tuna >>>I STILL think strategically, this song being the first release was a bad move...ESPECIALLY because of the good will they got in the press after the Cafe Wha' performance. Yeah , I know this was concrete before the gig, but i woulda scrambled to get STW out there instead.

I think they wanted to release a new tune..not a reworked old song..I think it blew their minds at Cafe Wha that people ( WARF ) was/were yelling the song title at them..Dave clearly calls it " brand new"..its not truly

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl

I haven't had MTV/VH1 for over 7 years, so I don't even know the last time I saw a music video.

I HAVE had MTV the last 7 years and I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a music video.

Music videos aren't for TV anymore, they're for the Internet. MTV had a directional choice way long ago. They chose unwisely.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I'm not sure I understand the negativity. To each their own I guess.

My thinking is that the groove/riff is derived from Down in Flames/You're No Good -- so if you ever liked those two songs....there is a good chance you'll like Tattoo.

Its a great single IMO. They needed something catchy. And I think Tattoo does just that.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• K-tuna
                        Groupie
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by So this is love

Thanks for that. I know some things probably were set in stone for Itunes , the vid being done and what not, but I'd woulda asked the label to push to STW out there because that performace at the club and the new song is hot ...

But this idea assumes that the majority would think "Tatttoo" was weak. That remains to be seen.

I want them to do well and this album to smoke and shoot up the charts. I want them to shove this in Slammys face with a big ol "FU".
                        "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Pink Spider
                          Van Halen - Tattoo from Van Halen on Vimeo.

Has it been 5 pages yet?

Fuck it.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chuckie lee
                            Groupie
                            • Jan 2012

Good times

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                            I'm not sure I understand the negativity. To each their own I guess.

My thinking is that the groove/riff is derived from Down in Flames/You're No Good -- so if you ever liked those two songs....there is a good chance you'll like Tattoo.

Its a great single IMO. They needed something catchy. And I think Tattoo does just that.
                            Without doubt....

Comment

• So this is love
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

Guys this is just constructive criticism, no negativity on our part, we love DLR/VH, its in our blood. Its a full course meal, this is the entre and 11 more to come, I know the restaurant is great, been there before.
                              Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• negative
                                Groupie
                                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by lesfunk
                                Thanks for pointing out that we had one, was just about to post about the lyrics in this thread.

Comment

Working...