The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckie lee
    Groupie
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    tha capri boy will chime in soon enough "ha ha, hello baby, ha ha...not bad, but imagine how good it could have been with me singing...ha ha...but I'm so happy with my new band...Chickenburger, we'll be having a blast a the taco bell cantina in tunafish, Alabame next week...whooooo...have I mentioned my tquilla yet?"
    Blows my mind that it has really been almost a month since we (or atleast me) have heard anything from that gas bag..... He must be extremely intimidated..... Why else would he be so quiet? This is the quietest that bhe has been since I can remember>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

all Dave all night...they are fucking back!!!
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• fourthcoming

Is all this shit real? I must have listened to the full length Tattoo about 10 times today...and I'm still wondering if it's real. It's almost the same feeling I had in 1994 when the Rangers won the stanley cup. It took months for it to not feel surreal anymore. Anyone ever stop to think....wow, Van Halen is back kicking ass, putting out new music with uncle Dave? This shit is almost mindblowing. The tune jams.....can't wait for the rest.

Comment

• hain23x
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

I can only hear this at work on the speakers that are in my computer monitor.
          I'm digging it-really like the words and the production of it. I hear a some VH101 in there. My only complaint is at the end of the line before the chorus where he throws in those 2 extra "tattoos". Other than that it's a good effort!
          Eat Us and Smile!
          Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• qikgts
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
            I hate to be judgemental, but I think you're an asshole!!! Ugh!!!
            Asshole? That's it?
            You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• So this is love
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

Believe me we are a very biased group in here...Our opinion is to take with a grain of salt but who the fuck cares other than SH if we prefer cvh, geez I listen to the two 1996 songs all the time and I like them as much as all the cvh.
              Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                Head Fluffer
                • Dec 2005

Sorry if anyone posted this review.... I'm kinda lazy fucker to look through the forum, but here we go!!!

www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• Jetstream
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Dec 2011

I liked the small preview when it was up on Amazon and now after hearing the longer clip on itunes NZ...I'm really diggin' it. It is such a catchy tune and I think the perfect first release off the new LP for the current environment on the radio and I wanna hear Van Halen on the radio again with Dave...as he used to say "don't change the channel, we're on all the other channels too!". Heard She's The Women and know their are more up tempo tracks on this lp too. I love it. The biggest compliment I can give it is that if I never heard Van Halen before, and then I heard Tattoo, I would be a fan and buy it because it really is a well crafted great song. And Dave's lyrics are CLASSIC!
                  I got lost in the...

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

The new single road tests very well, too!

Almost got a speeding ticket
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• SparkieD
                      Veteran
                      • Sep 2006

I'll admit it. I was skeptical, even scared, but all of a fuckin' sudden, it's even cooler to be someone's tattooed bombshell! I LOVE IT!!!
                      Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                      Originally posted by rustoffa
                      Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by SparkieD
                        I'll admit it. I was skeptical, even scared, but all of a fuckin' sudden, it's even cooler to be someone's tattooed bombshell! I LOVE IT!!!
                        Told ya so:tongue0011:
                        Originally posted by vandeleur
                        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by chuckie lee
                          Blows my mind that it has really been almost a month since we (or atleast me) have heard anything from that gas bag..... He must be extremely intimidated..... Why else would he be so quiet? This is the quietest that bhe has been since I can remember>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• BruinJer
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2004

Wow! Blown away!
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• nitroDave23
                              Roadie
                              • Jan 2012

Just listened to the 90 second clip,and the chorus kicks ass!!

Wish It would hurry up and come out, lol....

Dave sounds good,production is fantastic,and.....the longer clip is like night and day to the 30 second one.The song has such a more upbeat vibe than I thought it would.

BRING ON THE NEW ALBUM!!!

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                                Commando
                                • Apr 2006

Gotta let it work its magic on me a little longer I guess but.......The last half or so is starting to open me up to it a bit more as i'm hearin the some of the classic VH sound there after a few listens. Interesting ending also.... think I'll give it another spin
                                [

Comment

Working...