The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bru87tr
    Commando
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
    And where might one find this gem? I have only heard the short clip.
    In my previous post.

Click view in itunes, it will ask to change store to NZ, say yes and there is the preview.

"I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• gbranton
      Veteran
      • Aug 2005

Wow. After all these years of waiting I suppose a part of me just wouldn't believe it until I heard the first song. I actually got a little choked up listening to that.
      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

We should have never doubted Ed and Dave! Are these guys even capable of making bad music together? The magic is definitely still there after all these years.

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Swap meet Sally or Swap meat Sally, which could have several amusing connotations, LOL.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Little Texan
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I've only heard 90 seconds of Tattoo so far, but I think I might like it even better than Me Wise Magic, and I loved that song!

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Its awesome, hey guys ! I managed to take advantage of our
              time difference and got a copy I guess about 18 hours ago.
              Only small criticism is Dave's vocals leading into the solo,
              sounds like he is pushing it a bit there, but its a totally minor
              nit pick. All we wanted was as good, or better than MWM
              and CGTSNM, well they have delivered the goods bigtime.
              Awesome solo by Ed, a little cathedral style volume control
              noodling at the end too. Daves voice sounds great.
              I seriously am going crazy now to get the whole album.

I hope Hagar got an early pre-release and has retired forever
              in his booze fortune never to be heard of again !!! lol !
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• gbranton
                Veteran
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Little Texan
                I've only heard 90 seconds of Tattoo so far, but I think I might like it even better than Me Wise Magic, and I loved that song!
                To me MWM and CGTSNM felt forced and this feels like the real thing. I've been waiting since the closing seconds of House of Pain on January 9, 1984 for this.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                  To me MWM and CGTSNM felt forced and this feels like the real thing. I've been waiting since the closing seconds of House of Pain on January 9, 1984 for this.
                  I like it better so far just from the very small sample I have heard. It seems to have life and feel to it and thats what I like. I agree on the other two you speak of. They are killer tunes but I think they may have been lost in direction when those were pumped out.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

also seems like the type of melody that will get stuck in your head
                    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Guys, wait the extra 5 hours, click on the download icon at the top of the screen, buy it from Amazon, and in turn give Roth Army some much-needed funds to help in future upgrades !!

How many fucking times do I need to repeat that !!
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's now January 10th in the UK but not yet on sale at UK Amazon.

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

I read my post above and realized it's ironic that some of us are able to download this today. Release date for 1984, the last REAL Van Halen album? January 9th, 1984.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by gbranton
                            I read my post above and realized it's ironic that some of us are able to download this today. Release date for 1984, the last REAL Van Halen album? January 9th, 1984.
                            Somebody follows @Roth_Army on twitter.....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jetstream
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Dec 2011

I'm to the point that I wish all the Sammy Hagar fans would just be shipped to a plague infested planet because they are coming onto every freaking review and talking utter crap. Let's get this straight. Let's just break down the translation of "It is only Van Halen with Michael Anthony"...it is the only way Hagar fan can say in cryptic way "Sammy is nothing without Eddie Van Halen". If you took a scan of a Hagar fan's brain, you would say the brain is rather small but if you examined it closer, you would find it is not a brain but just a shriveled up agave worm rolled into a ball.
                              I got lost in the...

Comment

• lesfunk
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I felt the need to download it on the anniversary of 1984 or else I would have waited
                                http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Working...