The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baby's On Fire
    Veteran
    • May 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
    Good plan. Count me in as well.

I'm in.

Comment

• glimmer1984
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Jan 2012

The track is great...reminds me a bit of And The Cradle Will Rock with a more pop hook. Great big sound, exactly like the Big Rock Dave always talked about....

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by glimmer1984
        The track is great...reminds me a bit of And The Cradle Will Rock with a more pop hook. Great big sound, exactly like the Big Rock Dave always talked about....
        I think this definitely has a bit of the Me Wise Magic feel to it, and I don't mean that in a bad way at all.. The vocals are killer - Dave sounds great! Can't wait to hear the rest of it!
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

If this is not ok, MODs please just change my post to...

VAN HALEN RULES!

anyways, here's a guy that has the 90 sec preview version up for people having trouble with links & such.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• lesfunk
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I've listened to the full song many times now. It's a very cool tune. Kind of a slow burn with a big sound. The lyrics are very good. As I said before, a real catchy hook and chorus and a good EVH solo. But it's not quite stellar. We are all exited and caught up in the moment and that's great but the rest of the album has to be much better than this single or it's going to take a lot of flak. It's still better that anything since 1984,
            Apologies for my apparent negativity but it's what I'm feeling right now
            Last edited by lesfunk; 01-09-2012, 09:23 PM.
            http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by lesfunk
              I've listened to the full song many times now. It's a very cool tune. Kind of a slow burn with a big sound. The lyrics are very good. As I said before, a real catchy hook and chorus and a good EVH solo. But it's not quite stellar. We are all exited and caught up in the moment and that's great but the rest of the album has to be much better than this single or it's going to take a lot of flak.
              Apologies for my negativity but it's what I'm feeling right now
              I agree with this... good tune, very solid and catchy, but VH needs to flex some muscle... I want that boogie!
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Floridaman1985
                Groupie
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                I'm in.
                Same same!
                "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it." - DLR

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by VAiN
                  Not to worry, I'll gladly buy it again just for that reason... I just couldn't help myself and wanted it NOW! Totally worth it, by the way..
                  Doing the same......for the same reason!

Great excuse to get drunk and party till midnight!
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• mewisemagic
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

I'm gonna wait and get tonight
                    from the RA link....my only question
                    is will the file save directly to my
                    computer?...I'm not familiar with
                    Amazon

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Guys, for the record, "I" do not get any of those proceeds, whether it be via Amazon or clicking "Donate"....

Those go to Sarge for his lap dances, er, future Army upgrades...
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        Guys, for the record, "I" do not get any of those proceeds, whether it be via Amazon or clicking "Donate"....

....as long as one of you guys use it for hookers and blow.....I'm cool with that
                        Originally posted by vandeleur
                        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                          Veteran
                          • May 2004

Just as long as she's sportin' a tattoo

Comment

• So this is love
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

Guys, wait the extra 5 hours, click on the download icon at the top of the screen, buy it from Amazon, and in turn give Roth Army some much-needed funds to help in future upgrades !!

How many fucking times do I need to repeat that !!
                            Thanks and it should be mentionned next to the icon
                            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• WARF
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Okay my Roth Army soldiers... what do you think of the song based on a minute thirty???

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by gbranton
                                To me MWM and CGTSNM felt forced and this feels like the real thing.
                                I always thought they sounded like Van Hagar songs with Roth singing and lyrics, this doesn't which is the biggest relief.

I hope this is as commercial as it gets though...

Comment

Working...