Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This would be an interesting stab in the face to Sam the sham if the band did this...

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Talking Now we can say to all of those Hagar/Cherone fans what they use to say to us!

It goes along the lines of:

Quit living in the past!

Embrace the new =VH=!

The band has never sounded better!

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 3 users say thank you to BITEYOASS for this KICKASS post:

Angel (01-10-2012),Dave's Bitch (01-11-2012),VAiN (01-13-2012)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

This would be an interesting stab in the face to Sam the sham if the band did this...

Cheesehead has been flapping his gums about the band recording old material and making new songs out of them for this album.

I, for one, could give a fuck. I think songs are songs, and if the band is finally giving some great old songs new life on a new album, it kind of feels like full circle. It's almost as if they're pretending the Sam years never happened.

And I, for one, applaud that.

But you know what would be a hilarious second slap in the face?

I think it would be pretty hilarious if the band overhauled recordings from the ten years Sam was in the band and wiped his vocals and everything he had to do with them and had Dave put fresh new vocals in their place, making some of them pretty damn good songs. It would be as if they're saying, "Sam really shouldn't have been in the band, and now this music is getting a second chance."

Now, there were tons of terrible songs even musically, but I would find it pretty awesome if the band rush-released a 10-song second album overhauling BLACK 'N' BLUE, GET UP (nauseating lyrics, Dave could make this a song), SUMMER NIGHTS (Sammy should be shot for singing these lyrics, but this was originally a Dave song and what a fuck you it would be if he finished it as EAT THY NEIGHBOR, the original title), etc.

I'm not saying I'd like this more than a second album of new songs, but I would enjoy it if it were rush-released. It would be like revising history. They could call it THE REAL VERSIONS.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. 2 users say thank you to Rikk for this KICKASS post:

SoCalChelle (01-11-2012),VanHalener (01-10-2012)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

5150!!!

The REAL House Of Pain
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2012 @ 03:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Personally could give a rat's ass. However, funny to me would be if Dave re-did Amsterdam and made it a real song. I believe my EUAS bros did a whole thread on at links many moons ago where we actually took Sam songs, and we re-wrote the lyrics. I personally re-did Amsterdam, and if I remember right, I made it about fucking your girlfriend.

The REAL House Of Pain
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2012 @ 03:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

not yours in particular, just somebody else's

8. Thanked houseofpain for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (01-11-2012)

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

lol^^

To be honest, the only Sammy era Van Halen song I "Like" is Best Of Both Worlds,

The guitars in that song kicked ass.

I could totally hear a "Roth-enized" version, (with appropriate lyric reworking) although I'd keep the chorus, it's good.

That being said, the band would never in a million years do it,and with the new album the last thing they're thinking about right now is the Sammy era....just get on "A Different Kinda Truth II" in about 2 or 3 years and I'll be happy.

The future is bright for Roth-Halen at the moment, let's not piss on the flame
    Last edited by nitroDave23; 01-10-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typo

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

There are some Spammy songs I've always wanted to hear Dave's vocals on ---- mostly "Summer Nights" and "Black and Blue" because they sound so faggy with Tequila Sheepster crooning.

However --- releasing a disc of "Sammy tunes" with Dave's vocals would only give more ammo for Sheep Boy to brag to the world about how good his songs were. It would be a fucking field day for him. FUCK HIM TO HELL.

Let Sam die a miserable, slow death with Chicken-Pussy. Their last LP quickly sank from the Billboard 200 Album charts within 3 weeks. I see one more shitty record from those turds and their label will drop them like a used tampon. End of Sammy.

11. Thanked TJMKID for this KICKASS post:

Floridaman1985 (01-10-2012)

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-03-2019 @ 10:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    There are some Spammy songs I've always wanted to hear Dave's vocals on ---- mostly "Summer Nights" and "Black and Blue" because they sound so faggy with Tequila Sheepster crooning.

However --- releasing a disc of "Sammy tunes" with Dave's vocals would only give more ammo for Sheep Boy to brag to the world about how good his songs were. It would be a fucking field day for him. FUCK HIM TO HELL.

Let Sam die a miserable, slow death with Chicken-Pussy. Their last LP quickly sank from the Billboard 200 Album charts within 3 weeks. I see one more shitty record from those turds and their label will drop them like a used tampon. End of Sammy.
    This morning, I was halfway thinking that it would be cool if they redid/released the Dave versions of songs which ended up on 5150. However, it would bring Spam attention, perhaps negative, but still attention. Besides, Dave didn't sound too thrilled about what they'd gotten done if you read that part of his book. Maybe it'd work out better rerecorded now though. I'd rather Spam not have another excuse to chirp, at least for the time being.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Floridaman1985 View Post
    This morning, I was halfway thinking that it would be cool if they redid/released the Dave versions of songs which ended up on 5150. However, it would bring Spam attention, perhaps negative, but still attention. Besides, Dave didn't sound too thrilled about what they'd gotten done if you read that part of his book. Maybe it'd work out better rerecorded now though. I'd rather Spam not have another excuse to chirp, at least for the time being.

Yeah, this woulda been an interesting idea around '96 when Dave was supposedly back in ---- could've rehashed those old 5150 tunes and showed the world why Dave was clearly better than Spam Bot.

In 2012 ---- Sambo Pussy Nugget is so desperate for attention that he will find a way to grab all the credit from anything related to his old tunes. He'd probably even write a 2nd book titled "Why Van Halen Cant Forget Me". FUCKING DISASTER.

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-15-2012 @ 05:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Who is Sammy Hagar?

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave circa 1988 or maybe even '91 could have done something respectable with 'Get Up.' Not sure it would fly today. His voice has changed too much. Better they focus on what works NOW than revisit the past. Besides, the best way they can deal with Spammy is to ignore him completely.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,491 Posts

Blog Entries
    Fuck 'em.

Cherone, Hagar and their fans.

Fuck the lot of 'em.

Now and forever.

17. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

BITEYOASS (01-10-2012)

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Please help haters everywhere

I have been a member of the site for about 2 years but have not posted much at all but i am getting tired of the negative bs being put out today by spammy heads about the new single. I live in Seattle and the local rock station KISW is going to put Tattoo up against Chickenfoods new single tonight at 9:00pm. Douchebag spammy is releasing a single today that came out 8 months ago when there last piece of crap album came out. The entertainment weekley website is brutal and I have posted a lot under another alias fighting the good fight but the whole michale anothony is not there thing is almost becoming fashionable by people who do not even have a clue. Am I overreacting? should I not even care and just enjoy the moment?

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Just enjoy the moment. Fighting the good fight now is optional.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Why fight.......we already won!

21. 7 users say thank you to kwame k for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (01-10-2012),BITEYOASS (01-11-2012),Hardrock69 (01-11-2012),Little Texan (01-10-2012),sonrisa salvaje (01-10-2012),ThatArtGuy (01-10-2012),TJMKID (01-10-2012)

Custard Pie Chewer
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2016 @ 04:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Who gives a fuck what Spamfans think? It's not like our posts will change opinions or guide anyone to the light. Those people are fundamentally flawed as human beings. I learned long ago not to waste time arguing with people who like Van Hagar. My time is better spent sticking the head of my penis into their food while they are not looking.

Our only duty right now is to enjoy how fantastically well things are going in VH land. It's been so long. So fucking long.

23. Thanked WildTurkey for this KICKASS post:

TJMKID (01-10-2012)

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    05-08-2023 @ 05:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

forget sammy altogether!what would be nice in between the next album(if were lucky enough)is for dave to put out another solo album and tour.

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2019 @ 07:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iggyrichards View Post
    I have been a member of the site for about 2 years but have not posted much at all but i am getting tired of the negative bs being put out today by spammy heads about the new single. I live in Seattle and the local rock station KISW is going to put Tattoo up against Chickenfoods new single tonight at 9:00pm. Douchebag spammy is releasing a single today that came out 8 months ago when there last piece of crap album came out. The entertainment weekley website is brutal and I have posted a lot under another alias fighting the good fight but the whole michale anothony is not there thing is almost becoming fashionable by people who do not even have a clue. Am I overreacting? should I not even care and just enjoy the moment?
    For shits a giggles I would like to know how much we kill them by.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I got some buddies who are rather good at bringing down websites ---- perhaps we should replace Spammy's official site with this photo:

27. Thanked TJMKID for this KICKASS post:

Hardrock69 (01-11-2012)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It is kind of like standing on a mountain being the king. The minions down below are always going to be unhappy and bitching about something. We, being the kings, should not tell them to eat cake. We should tell them to go listen to some Melissa Ethridge like little cunts.

29. Thanked sonrisa salvaje for this KICKASS post:

WildTurkey (01-10-2012)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

What i found out today reading reactions and comments to Tattoo is that there are a lot of 'would be' Van Halen fans who are very ignorant and actually know very little about the band, it's history, etc.

They are the ones saying ridiculous statements like "this is a total ripoff of Down in Flames!" and even going so far as to elevate Mike's original tenure in the band as something greater than it was - making him out to be as important as Dave.

I find it strange just how much these same people are trashing Tattoo. I dont get it.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WildTurkey View Post
    My time is better spent sticking the head of my penis into their food while they are not looking.
    Do you pee when you do this?

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes, Sensible View Post
    Only in the soup, I'd imagine

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:01 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know who you're talking about. The only Sammy I know is a Mr. Davis Jr.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    01-12-2013 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks

screw the haters, we are not the jerk whisperers!!

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tell em' to fuck off! Their just pissed off cuz =VH= is WINNING!

Last time I checked "Up For Breakfast" didn't do so hot.

While I'm at it let's compare the two of the =VH= compilations which featured two new songs from each singer:

Best of Vol. 1 sold 3,000,000

The Best of Both World sold 1,000,000

Now lets compare how many Platinum and Gold albums Dave and Spamster had for their solo projects:

Spamster (including Chickenfoot): 3 gold, 2 platinum

Diamond Dave: 3 platinum, 1 gold

In short, Spammy will always be a mediocre bridge troll drone.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I fucking hate Spammy McGaygar.

And his Chickenshit of a band.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Those haters are going to get exhausted really soon. Especially if the new album goes to Numero Uno on Billboard.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Fuck 'em.

Cherone, Hagar and their fans.

Fuck the lot of 'em.

Now and forever.
    I don't want to get Herpes. So I'll skip that. LOL

Custard Pie Chewer
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2016 @ 04:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes, Sensible View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I was above adding a little pinch of whatever might be lingering in the chamber at the time

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Only in the soup, I'd imagine
    Got to be careful with soups. I tend only to do this with gazpachos, as I don't want to burn my main member..

40. Thanked WildTurkey for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (01-11-2012)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I was a fan of Montrose & some of his solo stuff plus a few Van Hagar tune's but Sam is a fucking asshole !! I didn't think he used to be. But what a big head on this guy ! He would be a nobody these day's without his day's in VH. His book was written by a money hungry buisness man not a lead singer. The only reason I finished it was to see what more bullshit he could spew and backslapping of himself he could do ! You can't win there will always be people that love those songs more than Daves and all it really means is they have bad taste in music !! The lyrics on F.U.C.K are horid !! I'm still not in love with the fact that Mike is gone but the new song is a good sign. I wish it was Down In Flames but it's still great ! The album WILL need more riffs and balls for me too really love it but if not it's more Van Halen with Dave & Ed than anyone. The 80's VH is gone forever but i'll take this version. Why fight with people over it ? If you like it that's all that matters !!
    Last edited by 78/84 guy; 01-10-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I was vocal in defense on the onset but there is a much better approach...don't say anthing, ignore them. That is what Sammy wants now, attention. That is what his fans want and they can't get it with their music. If they say their peace and let alone, it will die along with the eventual death of Van Hagar which has been in full swing for a while.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

I don't say anything. I just laugh at the sad bastards because they are defending a fucking clown with minimal talent.

Them's so sad.....no have defense against Mighty Van Halen.....them's sobbing for mommeee......

Stupid fuckers.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    I got some buddies who are rather good at bringing down websites ---- perhaps we should replace Spammy's official site with this photo:

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

two things you can bank on:

the new VH disc will sell more than both Chickenshit discs combined.

VH is playing bigger rooms than Chickenshit and will be seen by more people.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatArtGuy View Post
    I don't know who you're talking about. The only Sammy I know is a Mr. Davis Jr.
    and that fucker is totally cool in my book!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Actually, MR. BOJANGLES is one of my favorite songs.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Actually, MR. BOJANGLES is one of my favorite songs.

mine too...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here.....this is what you give to the sorry Spambot motherfuckers.

Just say Spambot is only capable of writing childish material that is at the level of a 2-year-old....he can only write musical regurgitated baby shit, and then post this:

Anything to upset the poor babies is a good thing. When confronted with music of QUALITY, they are frightened.....it is like telling them that Santa Clause is not real, and them realizing it, and this is the end result:

Last edited by Hardrock69; 01-11-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iggyrichards View Post
    I live in Seattle and the local rock station KISW is going to put Tattoo up against Chickenfoods new single tonight at 9:00pm. Douchebag spammy is releasing a single today that came out 8 months ago when there last piece of crap album came out.

Seriously?

That lame cocksucker is releasing a single from his 8-month-old album today?

That is absolutely pathetic.

The poor goddam klown is so incapable of creating any real kind of buzz on his own (except for swilling his product), so he yet AGAIN has to resort to riding on the coattails of Van Halen.

Ok.....prediction here peeps.....what do you want to bet he opens his yap and starts the river of oral baby shit by the end of the week....if that sad cocksucker can keep his mouth shut it will be a fucking miracle. He is pathologically incapable of resisting the urge to make infantile statements to try to boost his cred....when it only serves to reinforce the fact he is a fucking loser.

He is probably fucking really upset that Chickenshit cannot do headlining arena tours...much less SELL THEM OUT IN RECORD TIME........

Poor widdul Sammy....hims is all sad now because he can't produce anything that anyone cares about....even when surrounding himself with top-flight musicians.

Why do they want to drag their own careers into the toilet by associating with that cretin?

Oh well.

WE GOTS VAN HALEN, BITCHES!

Thread Information