Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This would be an interesting stab in the face to Sam the sham if the band did this...

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Why fight.......we already won!
    NO NO NO NO!!! Sammy won, he can have SOME media on his side that's to be expected. Winners they come and go, legends they're forever!

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    surrounding himself with top-flight musicians.

Why do they want to drag their own careers into the toilet by associating with that cretin?

this my friend, has kept me wondering more than most. unfortunately, the answer can only be $$.

now, allow me to quote you again, sir.
    WE GOTS VAN HALEN, BITCHES!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WildTurkey View Post
    Who gives a fuck what Spamfans think? It's not like our posts will change opinions or guide anyone to the light. Those people are fundamentally flawed as human beings. I learned long ago not to waste time arguing with people who like Van Hagar. My time is better spent sticking the head of my penis into their food while they are not looking.

Our only duty right now is to enjoy how fantastically well things are going in VH land. It's been so long. So fucking long.
    With an avatar like yours, I don't even know what I think any more! Yowza!
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    [QUOTE=Hardrock69;1592254]Here.....this is what you give to the sorry Spambot motherfuckers.

Just say Spambot is only capable of writing childish material that is at the level of a 2-year-old....he can only write musical regurgitated baby shit, and then post this:

BTW, "gerber" is an informal French verb that means "throw up".

Who wouldn't regurgitate chicken poo?

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "Now would Monsieur care for a little chickenpoo with aperitif?"

- "..."

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    oh jerome, behave!!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    KISW back in its pre-corporate radio glory days was an early supporter of both Van Halen and Sammy Hagar as a solo artist. But they should know better than to act like Van Halen and Chickenshit are equals.

This (and all the nu-metal shit bands) is why I can't fucking stand to listen to that station anymore. I'll just remember them as they were, when they had station ID checks like this.....

(and if you don't recognize the voices there, well you might be at the wrong website)
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyrichards View Post
    I have been a member of the site for about 2 years but have not posted much at all but i am getting tired of the negative bs being put out today by spammy heads about the new single. I live in Seattle and the local rock station KISW is going to put Tattoo up against Chickenfoods new single tonight at 9:00pm. Douchebag spammy is releasing a single today that came out 8 months ago when there last piece of crap album came out. The entertainment weekley website is brutal and I have posted a lot under another alias fighting the good fight but the whole michale anothony is not there thing is almost becoming fashionable by people who do not even have a clue. Am I overreacting? should I not even care and just enjoy the moment?
    The reality is, only a very small percentage of Van Halen fans will sign up at a fan site or get on the internet to post a comment about the band. The vast majority of Van Halen fans are content to listen to the old stuff now and then, hear the new song on the radio while driving to work, buy the album and attend the tour - without ever expresing their thoughts on any of this on the web. So don't let a little negativity from a vocal minority of bitter Sammy fans bother you. In the scheme of things, they are like their frontman - irrelevant.

And anyway, as a typical Van Halen fan since 1981 who knows what this band is all about, and what the fans want to hear from them, I guarantee you that most of the fanbase absolutely love Tattoo.

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scott b View Post
    forget sammy altogether!what would be nice in between the next album(if were lucky enough)is for dave to put out another solo album and tour.
    Dave cant be in two bands at once
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    oh jerome, behave!!!
    Oops!

G'day Ash! Sorry, I couldn't help it...

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scott b View Post
    forget sammy altogether!what would be nice in between the next album(if were lucky enough)is for dave to put out another solo album and tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
    Dave cant be in two bands at once
    Oh no, not again, indeed...

We've been there before, Dave's 1985 departure, and it took over 20 years before
    VH got back for good!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know.. ok.. flame suit ON

First of all anyone read HOGARTH saying for "18 months on and off" that they recorded this new album? if ALL of it is old shit... ..wlel for ANY album 18 fucking months?!@!

I for one personally think that as long as they feel like redoing old shit and turning them into modern classics, they may as well redo 5150 the way it should have been.

That album is the epitome of wasted potential. Disappointing.

How cool would it be if they wrapped up this 2012 tour and went right back into the fuckin studio? These guys are capable of turning water into wine for fucks sake and they should be a well oiled machine by now , again.. so why not?

CAN WE GET A 12 PACK BEFORE THEY RETIRE?!!

Roth Army Attitude
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    2012 the end of sammy and his fuck cock filled mouth!

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Fuck 'em.

Cherone, Hagar and their fans.

Fuck the lot of 'em.

Now and forever.
    Way to go, Terry. It's all internet froth at the moment. When things settle down, the album comes out and sinks in, and is a big success, who'll remembering the tweets, twitters and twats ...

It's all here-today-gone-later-today (to quote Dave), replaced by a fresh wave of inane 'look-at-me!!' comments on whatever else is frothing up at any given time.

People do just want to be able to chip in, though - youtube, facebook, etc - whether or not they really actually have any interest in something. It's just the nature of things these days - if something is 'trending', it's gonna attract commenters who want to get in on the discussion.

Fuckin sheep, the lot of 'em!
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Cheesehead has been flapping his gums about the band recording old material and making new songs out of them for this album.

I, for one, could give a fuck. I think songs are songs, and if the band is finally giving some great old songs new life on a new album, it kind of feels like full circle. It's almost as if they're pretending the Sam years never happened.

And I, for one, applaud that.

But you know what would be a hilarious second slap in the face?

I think it would be pretty hilarious if the band overhauled recordings from the ten years Sam was in the band and wiped his vocals and everything he had to do with them and had Dave put fresh new vocals in their place, making some of them pretty damn good songs. It would be as if they're saying, "Sam really shouldn't have been in the band, and now this music is getting a second chance."

Now, there were tons of terrible songs even musically, but I would find it pretty awesome if the band rush-released a 10-song second album overhauling BLACK 'N' BLUE, GET UP (nauseating lyrics, Dave could make this a song), SUMMER NIGHTS (Sammy should be shot for singing these lyrics, but this was originally a Dave song and what a fuck you it would be if he finished it as EAT THY NEIGHBOR, the original title), etc.

I'm not saying I'd like this more than a second album of new songs, but I would enjoy it if it were rush-released. It would be like revising history. They could call it THE REAL VERSIONS.
    From the perspective that it's been so long since there was a new VH release with Dave on vocals, it is a little frustrating to me as a fan that they would simply rearrange 35 year old songs and put new lyrics to them instead of putting out something fresh. I'd like to think that the full CD would be at least half new material and half reworked demos from the past. That way it's a mix of CVH and New VH. I know it's different for us as collectors and diehard fans, because we're already familiar with those old songs. I liken this to the first time I heard the WB demos and hearing "Last Night" or "Voodoo Queen" after having "Hang 'Em High" and "Mean Street" already etched in my brain. On the other hand, I do love the concept of taking those songs that Sam ruined and having Dave redo them. That would be very cool to hear. I'm also wondering if any of the songs being released are leftovers from the 2000-2001 demos? I can't remember if any titles were even mentioned from those sessions. I remember Mikey saying he had old tapes from the failed second reunion that the brothers didn't even want him to have, but that he has them.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hagar ain't worth the brain cycles... why are you crazy fucks wasting the time..?

There's so much better subject matter for mental masturbation available... at the same price...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

We're soldiers right?!?? Then you have your orders, call in and request TATTOO!!!

I did this morning on WDHA FM 105.5 right here in NJ and I'm waiting to hear my request!!!

Instead of arguing with the trolls on the net, we fight back by making requests and keeping the airplay going, even though it's only just started.

Soldiers!!! Roth On!!!

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cheesehead has been flapping his gums about the band recording old material and making new songs out of them for this album.

I, for one, could give a fuck. I think songs are songs, and if the band is finally giving some great old songs new life on a new album, it kind of feels like full circle. It's almost as if they're pretending the Sam years never happened.

And I, for one, applaud that.

I think it would be pretty hilarious if the band overhauled recordings from the ten years Sam was in the band and wiped his vocals and everything he had to do with them and had Dave put fresh new vocals in their place, making some of them pretty damn good songs. It would be as if they're saying, "Sam really shouldn't have been in the band, and now this music is getting a second chance."

Now, there were tons of terrible songs even musically, but I would find it pretty awesome if the band rush-released a 10-song second album overhauling BLACK 'N' BLUE, GET UP (nauseating lyrics, Dave could make this a song), SUMMER NIGHTS (Sammy should be shot for singing these lyrics, but this was originally a Dave song and what a fuck you it would be if he finished it as EAT THY NEIGHBOR, the original title), etc.

I'm not saying I'd like this more than a second album of new songs, but I would enjoy it if it were rush-released. It would be like revising history. They could call it THE REAL VERSIONS.
    I think the worst kind of insult is to be ignored. CVH should continue as if the Sam years never happened, that would gaul him more.

Which wallet is yours?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There's no such thing as bad publicity. Therefore, I will only mention or discuss VH & Dave. I'm enjoying the moment, and as was stated already in this forum, "We already won!!"

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Man I tell you what. We've all got it made in the shade! I feel like I'm chilling out on an island, lying down in a hammock with a naked chick in one hand and a guitar in another. I think I'll play some "Coconut Grove" while the S.S. Spambo sinks a few miles off shore. Doesn't take a rocket science to know that sheep can't swim. Oh yeah!

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BTW, =VH= is winning in ways not even Charlie Sheen can imagine!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well I am getting over it now and I realize that the Spammy and the chickenfood camp are just looking for attention and getting free publicity off of Van Halens coat tails. When both the tour and music are #1 all the haters will be buying the music and going to the shows with the rest of us.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO_King View Post
    From the perspective that it's been so long since there was a new VH release with Dave on vocals, it is a little frustrating to me as a fan that they would simply rearrange 35 year old songs and put new lyrics to them instead of putting out something fresh. I'd like to think that the full CD would be at least half new material and half reworked demos from the past. That way it's a mix of CVH and New VH. I know it's different for us as collectors and diehard fans, because we're already familiar with those old songs. I liken this to the first time I heard the WB demos and hearing "Last Night" or "Voodoo Queen" after having "Hang 'Em High" and "Mean Street" already etched in my brain. On the other hand, I do love the concept of taking those songs that Sam ruined and having Dave redo them. That would be very cool to hear. I'm also wondering if any of the songs being released are leftovers from the 2000-2001 demos? I can't remember if any titles were even mentioned from those sessions. I remember Mikey saying he had old tapes from the failed second reunion that the brothers didn't even want him to have, but that he has them.
    This is how I feel.

I mean, to me, redoing some of those tracks with Dave singing would be like erasing any mention of Sam being in the band. It wouldn't be ignoring Sam's time as the insult...it would be saying, "This is how those songs should have been done." It's almost like re-writing history and putting Dave in the band during those years of Eddie writing music. This would, it would feel less like 28 years of wasted time and instead traveling back in time to force Dave into the picture.

Sure, there are more productive ways they could spend their time, but to do it quickly and redo those tracks, damn...Dave would be THE ENTIRE VH CATALOG in a way.

Of course, some things can't be fixed even by Dave. More than half the shitty Shambo catalog is sub-par music. Hell, Dave and James Brown together couldn't fix the abomination that is VH III. Or FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL EMBARRASSMENT.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Roth Army Attitude
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyrichards View Post
    Well I am getting over it now and I realize that the Spammy and the chickenfood camp are just looking for attention and getting free publicity off of Van Halens coat tails. When both the tour and music are #1 all the haters will be buying the music and going to the shows with the rest of us.
    That's what Spammy does best run his fuckin mouth.
    He should take Joes and Kennys head, put them together and rub his half inch between them.
    ROTH ARMY ATTITUDE
    ''And a fierce cry rings out across the Manhattan skyline''
    - David Lee Roth 1/5/12 Cafe Wha, New York City

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Seriously?

That lame cocksucker is releasing a single from his 8-month-old album today?

out of curiosity I went to the official Chickenfoot video to hear the single he released up against TATTOO. At the :10 second mark I got the typical youtube ad banner across the bottom 20% of the video. It read....

"Van Halen Tickets"

PWND!
    Last edited by sadaist; 01-12-2012 at 04:00 AM. Reason: I can't spell
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

"How's it feel, old man?"
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Just like Marty McFly in BACK TO THE FUTURE II having to travel back in the past to correct the future from 1985 onwards...

DOC BROWN: "We must succeed..."

Roth Army Attitude
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    out of curiosity I went to the official Chickenfoot video to hear the single he released up against TATTOO. At the :10 second mark I got the typical youtube ad banner across the bottom 20% of the video. It read....

"Van Halen Tickets"m

PWND!

That's fuckin hilarious!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Just like Marty McFly in BACK TO THE FUTURE II having to travel back in the past to correct the future from 1985 onwards...

DOC BROWN: "We must succeed..."

Doc - "When this baby hit's 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious shit!"

Dave - "Yeah,Yeah, just Gimme A Bottle Of Anything, and A Glazed Doughnut...and I'll Fix Van Halen's mistake"

*Travels back to the 80's....*

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

"Van Halen Tickets"

PWND!
    all right...I am tired from work...ready to got to bed...just checkin a last time....and now my stomach hurts from LMAO!

Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

"Van Halen Tickets"

PWND!
    Rhymes with WINNING!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've been a David Lee Roth fan for a hell of a lot of years. I remember being pissed 25 years ago about comments from Hagar and Edward and Alex about DLR. But as soon as the DLR band kicked ass i never gave it any more thought. at that time I remember thinking that Roth is what fueled the Van Halen machine not Eddie. so why do we care about Hagar or chickenfoot or anyone else? I don't get it?

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BITEYOASS View Post
    Rhymes with WINNING!

Thread Information