Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: During Which Song Will You Go For A Leak and/or Beer Counter During The Show?

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I highly doubt that im gonna leave my seat for anything. Ive been waiting most of my life to see,these guus,and im not gonna miss,a,damn thing. Im prolly gomna shoot some videos,also. and I hope they do play ill wait, I love that song. I love all classic van halen tunes, including jump.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The venue in San Diego only allowed you to purchase 2 beers. Here was my secret strategy to get 3. When I ordered I asked the girl....If I can finish the first one before you are done pouring the 2nd, can I buy a 3rd? That way I only walk away with the maximum 2. She didn't think I could do it...but sho nuff. CHUG! Carried 3 back to my seats. 1 in my belly & 1 in each hand.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    The venue in San Diego only allowed you to purchase 2 beers. Here was my secret strategy to get 3. When I ordered I asked the girl....If I can finish the first one before you are done pouring the 2nd, can I buy a 3rd? That way I only walk away with the maximum 2. She didn't think I could do it...but sho nuff. CHUG! Carried 3 back to my seats. 1 in my belly & 1 in each hand.
    I thought I was the only one doing this...although I find its faster to down a couple of shooters while she pours the beers....
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BTW I bought my Tix today and they were about 20 bucks cheaper than in 2007 same section of seats??

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    While we are thinking about custom Roth Army T Shirts,
    how about a Roth Army Bedpan ? It would naturally
    be a plastic model of Sammy built around a bedpan.

Dont miss a second of the concert and publicly make a statement
    about what you think of Van Hagar at the same time !
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I won't miss a second of whichever show I attend. I kinda hope Ed cuts down on the wankery of his solo this time. I love hearing/seeing him play, but a lot of the unfocused noodling gets pretty redundant / boring.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridaman1985 View Post
    I won't miss a second of whichever show I attend. I kinda hope Ed cuts down on the wankery of his solo this time. I love hearing/seeing him play, but a lot of the unfocused noodling gets pretty redundant / boring.
    I am always amazed when I see a 26 year old digging VH with Roth... Good for you dude....
    Last edited by So this is love; 01-21-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up

OK
    Tickets in my freaking hand check
    VH T-shirts ordered check
    CD pre order check
    Tattoo fix for the day check
    Beer check
    Can't fucking wait for the tour to start............

This is a Happy man

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I won't have anything until the 11th of next month, but on the bright side that's only 21 days away

You know what brings a smile to my face?

When I'm driving with my 2 year old daughter and she says "Song daddy!"

I play Tattoo and she starts boppin'

THAT'S A GOOD FUCKING SIGN RIGHT THERE!

This show is gonna fucking kick ass. I hope they play the whole cd sprinkled with some old shit for good measure. No reason not to!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    I know what you mean but I saw him in MTL and he was great but then I saw the same solo in Tampa Bay and Sunrise and it wasn't as good but the whole show wasn't as good sounding than in Montreal earier in the tour/// Which Florida show did you attend...I think they also did Orlando.
    I caught 'em in Tampa last time around.

The boots I got from some earlier shows in the first leg of that tour sounded really good, so if anything I thought the band would only be better by the time the 2nd leg and Tampa came around...you know, just the sheer repetition night after night making things tighter. Ed was a bit of a mess by the time Tampa rolled around, though...he was clearly drunk and appeared to be having problems with his hands...his solo spot was where it was most noticeable because he didn't have the rest of the band in the mix with him to counteract his sloppiness...I mean, honestly I could have played Eruption better than he could that night.

The Cafe Wha? stuff looked real promising, though, in terms of Ed's work. So, I'm gonna try and get tix for Tampa and give the band another shot.

I'm kinda looking forward to the new album a little bit more than the tour, truth be told.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by neuralfraud View Post
    I won't have anything until the 11th of next month, but on the bright side that's only 21 days away

You know what brings a smile to my face?

When I'm driving with my 2 year old daughter and she says "Song daddy!"

I play Tattoo and she starts boppin'

THAT'S A GOOD FUCKING SIGN RIGHT THERE!

This show is gonna fucking kick ass. I hope they play the whole cd sprinkled with some old shit for good measure. No reason not to!

I know what you mean ENJOY!!! I have an 8 yr old daughter myself and she loves Tattoo!! But she's not coming to the show as its somethijng else if you know what I mean....
    Last edited by So this is love; 01-21-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I caught 'em in Tampa last time around.

The boots I got from some earlier shows in the first leg of that tour sounded really good, so if anything I thought the band would only be better by the time the 2nd leg and Tampa came around...you know, just the sheer repetition night after night making things tighter. Ed was a bit of a mess by the time Tampa rolled around, though...he was clearly drunk and appeared to be having problems with his hands...his solo spot was where it was most noticeable because he didn't have the rest of the band in the mix with him to counteract his sloppiness...I mean, honestly I could have played Eruption better than he could that night.

The Cafe Wha? stuff looked real promising, though, in terms of Ed's work. So, I'm gonna try and get tix for Tampa and give the band another shot.
    down
    I'm kinda looking forward to the new album a little bit more than the tour, truth be told.
    I hear you but Ed's solo was different than any I saw that tour... In TB was the first time I saw him lying all over on the floor doing his solo....it was kind of awkward at times as you say but to me playing drunk I can't believe it (as guitar player myself) but hey!! Ed is so talented as he is he can get away with it... anyways I did not feel the same vibe as in montreal...

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I am always amazed when I see a 26 year old digging VH with Roth... Good for you dude....
    Haha, well I got into Van Halen when I was 14. In the Fall of 1999. I've been waiting on them to do something with Roth ever since and I've been lurking on here since the site began. I couldn't attend the 2007/2008 tours because of school, but I will be damned if I miss out this round.

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    14 fr foley.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The way the setlist goes these days and with my seat location right next to the alley... I might attempt to run and get a refill of beers during Tattoo...there is not much going on in that song and for the first time EVER I will be there listening to I'll wait???? or not?????? anyways thats the kind of trouble I have to figure out when going to a VH concert..... Or might just send the wife for beers but then thats pushing my luck a little and she can't take a leak for me does she????????

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    She can, but she has to stand up to pee for you

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Im not leaving for a pea break im just gonna go in my beer cup.(or maybe i ll wear a diaper.JUST KIDDING.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No way in hell would I leave for a pee break! There's no telling what the band will surprise us with! Maybe a diaper is in order??

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Last night we were out of drinks after a few songs into the show..... so I ran to the bar for drinks (8) at the start of Chinatown came back before the end of the song, told the waiter I am coming back during I''ll wait with the same order 4 beers 4 rhums, Fuck the guy had it all prepared and I came back right away. My seat was next to the steps....Incredible night out at the VH concert...........Thanks VH for the memories.

Which wallet is yours?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll go for a piss during the Van Hagar and Van Cherone songs.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Muthafucker View Post
    I'll go for a piss during the Van Hagar and Van Cherone songs.
    I would not attend another vinagar or cherone show EVER.

one pug one life
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've got such a kick ass bladder that I drank two big galsses of ice water before the show last night and didn't even have go to the bathroom until I went home after midnight. Plus I had to get there by 6:00 for my seat. That thought usually doesn't even have to cross my mind if I drain myself accordingly. You have to time it right if you know your body. Imagine how the band would feel if they're playing and all of a suden the gotts go. Now that would suck royally! Don't ya think?
    My favorite song to go for a piss is either I'll Wait or the drum solo. Whats yours?
    Last edited by adena dodds; 03-31-2012 at 11:14 PM.

one pug one life
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I had great seats in Pgh. as well. I even had my own little Beavis and Butt Head audience. These dudes were all messed up smoking cigerettes and pot and they really didn't get caught until the end. They kept on looking at me most of the night (maybe for condolence). Maybe they were afraaid I'd bust them but they seemed to be having a good time like we all were. The guy behind me gave me a high five and had his hand on my shoulder off and on all night....Where the boys are....that's where you'll find me. It's wild to see how many people that were wearing glasses at the show. Not too many naked steaming eyes huh?...You know were all getting old! Long live Van Halen!
    Last night we were out of drinks after a few songs into the show..... so I ran to the bar for drinks (8) at the start of Chinatown came back before the end of the song, told the waiter I am coming back during I''ll wait with the same order 4 beers 4 rhums, Fuck the guy had it all prepared and I came back right away. My seat was next to the steps....Incredible night out at the VH concert...........Thanks VH for the memories.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adena dodds View Post
    I've got such a kick ass bladder that I drank two big galsses of ice water before the show last night and didn't even have go to the bathroom until I went home after midnight. Plus I had to get there by 6:00 for my seat. That thought usually doesn't even have to cross my mind if I drain myself accordingly. You have to time it right if you know your body. Imagine how the band would feel if they're playing and all of a suden the gotts go. Now that would suck royally! Don't ya think?
    A+ lol

one pug one life
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thank you. I'm not as dumb as I type.
    A+ lol

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I had great seats in Pgh. as well. I even had my own little Beavis and Butt Head audience. These dudes were all messed up smoking cigerettes and pot and they really didn't get caught until the end. They kept on looking at me most of the night (maybe for condolence). Maybe they were afraaid I'd bust them but they seemed to be having a good time like we all were. The guy behind me gave me a high five and had his hand on my shoulder off and on all night....Where the boys are....that's where you'll find me. It's wild to see how many people that were wearing glasses at the show. Not too many naked steaming eyes huh?...You know were all getting old! Long live Van Halen!
    We had pot smokers in our area as well according to the ladies in our parties ( wife and gf) I don't care about this garbage anymore ....anyways before VH is about to come out on stage you could hear ED shredding backstage for 5-10 minutes (does Ed do this every night? Momshell? or was it sound test related?)
    Last edited by So this is love; 03-31-2012 at 11:48 PM.

one pug one life
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What is shredding?
    We had pot smokers in our area as well according to the ladies in our parties ( wife and gf) I don't care about this garbage anymore ....anyways before VH is about to come out on stage you could hear ED shredding backstage for 5-10 minutes (does Ed do this every night? Momshell? or was it sound test related?)

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What is shredding?
    Ummmm....your brain from the looks of some of your recent posts.

You drunk posting, adena?

Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

one pug one life
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No it's the barametric pressure in the atmosphere. When it's cloudy and rainy it effects the brain. We are made up of 90% water and I do get pretty dizzy when the pressure is up. Does anyone else feel it?
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    Ummmm....your brain from the looks of some of your recent posts.

You drunk posting, adena?

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    At a Rush show a few years back I thought I was being clever doing that to avoid two weak songs off their worst album and when I got to the gents there was a queue. I said 'so you all saw the setlist online too' and everyone laughed...
    Now that's the best argument I've ever heard for looking at a setlist before a show. I like the surprise but there were some songs I actually would have liked to miss during the last Rush tour. I'm watching the Time Machine DVD and good lord there are some terrible songs on there before they get to moving pictures. And they totally fuck up the best part of Red Barchetta. Ah didn't mean to start a bitch fest.

Looking forward to I'll Wait tonight for my chance to take a leak
    gnaw on it

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ice Cream Man...
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, let's see. Since I'm 44 and have had two c-sections, I will probably have to miss more than one song. Let's hope the ol' bladder decides to cooperate!

JenniferM
    *It's a bitch getting old*
    "Why behave in public if you're livin' on a playground?"

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hear you.

Oh dear.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My favorite song to go for a piss is either I'll Wait or the drum solo. Whats yours?
    I'll have my wife drink water..so I can piss in the water bottle...a 24 OZ er....or DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY if you got a gun to my dick...

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Update:

I ended up having to go during Panama. Couldn't help it. Damn it!!

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll piss before the show...I plan on sweating and NOT holding my phone in the air! I'm gonna do it old-school.....1 zippo and a can of hairspray!!

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    I'll piss on the guy in front of me before I leave my goddamn seat! Consider yourselves warned!!
    Sad thing is...i did this once at the old miami arena.....the guy looked up and was scared out of his mind and left. This was 2 songs into a show and he never returned.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I go to the john during Kool and the Gang, and put bladder on pause until VH is done.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vanshipman View Post
    I go to the john during Kool and the Gang, and put bladder on pause until VH is done.
    I'd go durimg the break between the two bands, but I love Kool.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I won't miss a note. Even the drum solo. I also prefer to stand the entire concert unless someone's yelling at me to sit down but I don't think that's ever happened to me.

Thread Information