X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHUK
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2012

Advice on dates to attend from Europe?

Looking for advice on possible gigs to attend....

I am hoping to visit the US from Europe to attend some of the 2012 tours dates. I am particulary interested in seeing either/both of the Atlanta, Ga and Charlotte, NC gigs...

Do you think these gigs will be instant sell outs? or are they areas where VH does not have such a big following. I need to hold off buying the tickets to nearer the time due to other commitments, but equally so would wish to try and buy the best tickets I can get. (I was even tempted to buy them as soon as they are released, and then try and resell if I cannot go, but TM will only allow you to use "will call" as an international buyer, so would not physically have the tickets until the day of the gig ....)

Second question, please do you know which side of the stage is Ed's normally on recent tours, keen to buy seats that side.

Still hoping for a UK tour...
  • vanhalenuk
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jan 2012

Ed was just off centre for much of the last tour - not sure why that was but it looked a bit weird.

He'd normally be on stage left - or on the right as you look at the stage.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Buying the tickets can sometimes be awkward because American companies can be weird about foreign credit cards.

I even had a huge amount of hassle getting internal flights booked with some idiotic airline called AirTran for the same reason.

Most of the good seats are going to be gone by the time you buy your tickets which means that you will have to go through a ticket agency, craigslist or ebay as it makes no sense to pay all that to get there and then sit at the back. It's possible to do this ok but it can be pretty stressful. I did it at the Dave and Sammy tour in 2002 and at the last tour, turning up to the city on the day or the day before and trying to pick up tickets. It worked out great both times but you do have moments of doubt and you have to accept that you will end up having to pay a bit more than the face value on the ticket.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

We scored great seats from Ticketbastard just days before the shows last tour in Cleveland and Montreal.

You can usually find people outside a few minutes before the show trying to unload an extra pair or two as well.
        WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah the venues are big enough that there will always be something available.

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

If you can hold off, the last show would be a good one to catch. I plan on being there myself, where ever that may be...

I used StubHub a lot on the 07/08 tour... they usually have a good selection, and they e-mail you the PDF tickets. I recommend them as a resource for sure.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Antman
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

You might want to consider 3/24 in Atlantic City, NJ at the Convention Hall. Tix have not gone on sale yet and you can get a reasonably priced hotel-the same one the arena is attached too. Unlike Mohegan Sun, they don't gouge you when there's a show since there are a lot of hotels in AC. In Mohegan Sun, you really have no choice.
              When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

And there are direct flights from London to Newark.

Comment

• VHscraps
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2009

Thanks Antman. Worth looking into a bit
                  THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2009

Rental car from Newark to Atlantic City. Road trip!

I gotta be careful here. Drinking in charge of credit card and a shitload of desire to be there - ah, tix not on sale yet!! Sensible sober head might take over ... It might just be a bit too soon for me. Later in May, June might be better.
                    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's a Saturday night too. Looks like a good option, if it had been a month later I think I would have gone.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
                        Later in May, June might be better.
                        Las Vegas, May 27th? No need for a vehicle. Virgin Atlantic from Gatwick might be worth looking into.
                        WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

I suppose I can't really afford to splash out on a trip like this due to miscellaneous and disastrous financial adventures over the last few years, not in March, anyway - or it would be tight coming soon after the damn taxman has to be paid - although it could on the whole be cheaper.

Just the timing for me, too.
                          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                            Las Vegas, May 27th? No need for a vehicle. Virgin Atlantic from Gatwick might be worth looking into.
                            Yer, might be cheaper, or roughly similar to costs to AC. From a quick look on expedia, flight and 3 nights at the Stratosphere come in at just under £800. With spends and ticket, probably £1500 min for three days ...
                            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              And there are direct flights from London to Newark.
                              My geography let me down there it's a 120 mile trip from Newark to Atlantic City.

Comment

Working...