"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I actually gave chickenfoot a listen with an open mind and tried about five tracks out.I found it to be extremely bland.They are not much of a super group.They sound more like a bunch of guys you would find in a little bar on a Friday night
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Yount
      Commando
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Panamark
      I reckon Dave and Eddie have been on speaking terms a lot longer than we know.
      Example, Dave helping Ed when he had cancer. We know they were talking way
      back then !
      Yeah didn't he say that at least once a year he would contact the brothers?

Comment

• sambo
        Sniper
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        I actually gave chickenfoot a listen with an open mind and tried about five tracks out.I found it to be extremely bland.They are not much of a super group.They sound more like a bunch of guys you would find in a little bar on a Friday night
        Yep, look, I like most Satch (a big part of most people's guitar music of the 80's/90's - but not buying him in this "ahem-super group"/band situation), I like Chad, I like Mikey... shame it wasn't an instrumental... but yep.. you are right... CF=meh.

VH = Champion Team.. BIG difference..
        Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by sambo
          Yep, look, I like most Satch (a big part of most people's guitar music of the 80's/90's - but not buying him in this "ahem-super group"/band situation), I like Chad, I like Mikey... shame it wasn't an instrumental... but yep.. you are right... CF=meh.

VH = Champion Team.. BIG difference..
          If i heard the music out in a bar on a friday covered by some local band (I know ) i would probably think "Eh,not bad",But the whole idea of these guys as a super group just does not work.I also like Satch,I dig Chad and I dig Mike in there respective bands but put together with Sammy's high scratchy vocals and the result is completely underwhelming.Super group?,I think not

I think i will stick with Tattoo

Comment

• Halen High
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

I gave Chickenfoot a listen to have an informed opinion on it. I agree - it's an "extremely bland" album. I don't hear any chemistry in the music and it's just a waste of a release. No wonder it got no airplay in Australia. And Sammy's lyrics are as dull as always. There's just no chance at all of being able to connect with anything this guy writes.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Halen High
              I gave Chickenfoot a listen to have an informed opinion on it. I agree - it's an "extremely bland" album. I don't hear any chemistry in the music and it's just a waste of a release. No wonder it got no airplay in Australia. And Sammy's lyrics are as dull as always. There's just no chance at all of being able to connect with anything this guy writes.
              Goes to show a great band is more than the sum of it's parts.While each of the individual parts have meaning on their own,together there seem's to be a certain spark lacking

Comment

• sambo
                Sniper
                • Jun 2004

...I think i will stick with Tattoo
                Yep... first listen to Tattoo put a big smile on my face..... just talking to my missus and she knows how pumped I am/was for this.. I played her Tattoo when it first came out and she was happy and went "That's really cool, I like it" ..

God help me if I waited that long for "Soap on a Rope" and played that to her.. who knows what she would have said...who even knows if I'd still have a missus....
                Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Here was Spammy's going away present. Unfortunately Eddie wasn't sober enough to have the guitar land on Fagar's head. Plus, let's not forget his famous last words on this mediocre tour:

"THERE'S YOUR KING!"

Comment

• Zing!
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Grant
                    Hope you're like me, my friend...and already arranged to take the day of work...to pump blast the new album all...bloody...day....long...

Send the students home...
                    Yep - VAN HALEN DAY has been written on the calendar at our house. It's like a holiday - everybody gets the day off of work - cruising into town and will be waiting at the record store for the doors to open. Then spending the day cruising, blasting ADKOT - then back home, beers out in the garage with the disk on repeat until the wifey says it's time for bed. Can't wait!
                    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                      GW..."Ok, so how did Dave wind up back in the band?"
                      Ed..."Uhhh...well....Uhhh...I chase tone man, you know? I chase tone."
                      GW..."Ok, Dave, so how did you wind up back in the band?"
                      Dave - "I AM Van Halen motherfucker!"
                      classic !!!!
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                        Here was Spammy's going away present. Unfortunately Eddie wasn't sober enough to have the guitar land on Fagar's head. Plus, let's not forget his famous last words on this mediocre tour:

"THERE'S YOUR KING!"

The only King that Spam-bot can relate to is Burger King.
                        http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Sammy sucks balls. Gary not only sucks balls, but he dances around onstage and acts out his ball-sucking, anal-fingering fantasies. Fuck Sammy...fuck Mikey...praise God that Dave has taken back his rightful role as captain of the ship!! Let's fucking GO!!!
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            Sammy sucks balls. Gary not only sucks balls, but he dances around onstage and acts out his ball-sucking, anal-fingering fantasies. Fuck Sammy...fuck Mikey...praise God that Dave has taken back his rightful role as captain of the ship!! Let's fucking GO!!!
                            It's nice to finally have a band that doesn't have anal lube on the rider for once.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              It's nice to finally have a band that doesn't have anal lube on the rider for once.
                              Let's just set it straight, once and for all...Dave left the band in '85. Sammy came in and wrecked the band. Eddie crawled out from under his favorite rock in '96 and strung Dave along long enough to get two songs out of him. Eddie then pissed all over every true Van Halen fan by bringing in a third - THIRD - singer and shoved him down all our throats as the "real" lead singer of Van Halen - how's that tuba workin' out for ya Ed? And finally, FINALLY we get the one and only true singer back in the band. I honestly could give two shits what Sammy thinks of the new single, or the whole fucking record. Sam should concentrate on his piss-ass band and step to the side while the Mighty Van Halen rolls all over America.
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Spammy still has a sore ass about the tour he had with Dave. You know, the solo tour in which he PWNED that troll sheep at every gig? Even Dave on his own doesn't have to put much effort into kickin' Spamster's ass..

Comment

Working...