"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
    Damn... You know A LOT about Styx.

Well, we knew there was one. Just didn't figure it'd be Bueno.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

I think the press release should have read:

Joe is touring down under with G3 and Sammy is attempting to catch up with his stomach.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

OK...I had a weird thought today. Sammy is a big reason for the 2007 reunion with Dave and everything thereafter. Lemme explain then you guys can tell me I'm insane.....

Pre-2004 EVH & AVH were used to touring with a singer where everything was fun & games, band of brothers, 1 for all, etc....

2004 tour they fucking HATED Sammy. Separate planes, cars, hotels, exits from the stage, just awful. Fucking almost got to blows a few times. H A T E ! ! !

After 2004 tour EVH & AVH sit down and think, holy fuck...if we can complete a tour like that with as bad as we hate Sammy, we sure as hell can get one done with DLR who we don't hate even in the same ballpark as that.

With Sam the hate was very personal. With Dave the conflict was more about percentages, royalties, cuts, etc.

So thanks to Sammy for letting the brothers know that if they could get through a tour with him & sauce, they could surely do two tours and an album with Dave.

Makes sense to me kinda too. Sammy & Mike sell sauce & tequila and didn't really respect the VH name or legacy. Dave always has. Easy decision.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Don't know where else to post this, but it's kinda funny looking.

oh...drawing came from here. Props where props are due right?

Last edited by sadaist; 04-04-2012, 12:28 AM. Reason: linkage

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
            OK...I had a weird thought today. Sammy is a big reason for the 2007 reunion with Dave and everything thereafter. Lemme explain then you guys can tell me I'm insane.....

Pre-2004 EVH & AVH were used to touring with a singer where everything was fun & games, band of brothers, 1 for all, etc....

2004 tour they fucking HATED Sammy. Separate planes, cars, hotels, exits from the stage, just awful. Fucking almost got to blows a few times. H A T E ! ! !

After 2004 tour EVH & AVH sit down and think, holy fuck...if we can complete a tour like that with as bad as we hate Sammy, we sure as hell can get one done with DLR who we don't hate even in the same ballpark as that.

With Sam the hate was very personal. With Dave the conflict was more about percentages, royalties, cuts, etc.

So thanks to Sammy for letting the brothers know that if they could get through a tour with him & sauce, they could surely do two tours and an album with Dave.

Makes sense to me kinda too. Sammy & Mike sell sauce & tequila and didn't really respect the VH name or legacy. Dave always has. Easy decision.
            I think they just finally realize that Dave's "Monkey Hour" makes hella payola. Even Alex said way back then (as a Tiger Pit in '96) Dave go out and do your Dave Thing. Now they realize....a lot less stressful just to play music and let him do that.

Roth On!
            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

"Sammy is a little red worm." -Eddie Van Halen-

"Mike Sobowleski and Sam are playing my songs calling themselves the other half of Van Halen. Al is the other half of Van Halen. They are playing my music and selling tequila and hot sauce. Are they fat? I would say they are now wider than they are tall." -Eddie Van Halen-
              Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-04-2012, 02:20 AM.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Sammy Hagar jamming on his red guitar.

In reality, Sam is balding. I always knew that mop on his head was a wig.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express

"Mike Sobowleski and Sam are playing my songs calling themselves the other half of Van Halen. Al is the other half of Van Halen. They are playing my music and selling tequila and hot sauce. Are they fat? I would say they are now wider than they are tall." -Eddie Van Halen-

Exactly. He talked some shit about Dave over the years, but never to the extent he has of Sammy. I think after they finished that horrible tour they decided doing it with Dave would be a piece of cake.

Yummy classic VH cake!!!!!

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

In reality, Sam is balding. I always knew that mop on his head was a wig.

Didn't even play it. But the video still shot....DAMN! I wanna toss a quarter into his belly button so bad. If I make it on the 1st try?

EVERYBODY DRINK!

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Oh wait....isn't that Robin Crosbys final practice?

Comment

• katina
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2012

The guy who painted this graffiti thinks the same, a gift from South America, the true Van Halen is back.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
                          Oh wait....isn't that Robin Crosbys final practice?
                          Flag on the play for unsportsman like comedy.
                          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                            Damn... You know A LOT about Styx.
                            I know a lot about everything. Ask around; just don't trust anything the mods tell you.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                              What happened to Styx was uncalled for, ridiculous, and extremely absurd - but it's a FUCK of a lot better than talking about Sammy Hagar.

This is better than Mr. Roboto and talking about Hagar.
                              written by DeYoung

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Hmm....for some reason youtube vids do not show up in my browser anymore on this forum. Just a single word "advertisement". I have to go look at the page source to see the url of the vid....

Oh well.

Comment

Working...