"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Duck Dunn, Donna Summer... here's praying that Hagar is #3 this time.

Comment

• VimFuego
      Groupie
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Mr Walker
      What's that saying? ''the good die first''

Sammy will be the last man on earth, then.
      I could play "Stairway To Heaven" when I was 12. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was 22. I think that says quite a lot.

Comment

• NIN1211
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mr Walker

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          By Associated Press, Updated: Friday, May 18, 6:32 PM

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — Sammy Hagar says he’s not surprised the Van Halen tour with David Lee Roth seems to be crumbling.

He’s only surprised it took this long. The band postponed dozens of concerts that had been scheduled for this summer, without giving a reason.

But Hagar, who had replaced Roth in the band and fronted Van Halen for more than a decade, thinks he knows why.

He says brothers Eddie and Alex Van Halen are hard to get along with. If they weren’t, Hagar says, he’d still be in the band.

Hagar made the comments in response to a question from The Associated Press on Friday in Atlantic City, where he donated $10,000 to a church food pantry before a concert with his current band, Chickenfoot.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© The Washington Post Company
          It's like, Hagar has nothing else to talk about anymore unless it's about Van Halen...either that, or I'm just getting that impression since all I ever read are the excerpts quoted in threads on this site.

I mean, fair enough that Roth also talked about Van Halen in interviews after he left the band, but Roth was also capable of talking about a wide range of subjects besides Van Halen...with an ample sense of humor, to boot.

It's just curious as to why Hagar needs to comment on Van Halen at all anymore: he's not in the band. As a matter of fact, he's in another band.

I guess Chickenfoot just aren't worth talking about...even for people in the band. Or at least nothing said about Chickenfoot is worth highlighting far as rock media goes.

Honestly, I doubt Hagar has a fucking clue what's going on in Van Halen anymore. Nor does Mike Anthony. All they think they know is based on their last experiences in the band on that shitty 2004 tour. Well, that's not where the band is at today. Hagar just fucking wishes that the tour break is going to boil down to problems between Roth and the rest of the band, with the result that Roth will leave (again) and Hagar can get back into Van Halen (again), so maybe Hagar can play larger crowds than Chickenfoot is now.

Funny thing is that the current members of Van Halen have nada to say about Hagar or Anthony these days. Indeed. Why bother? Ain't nuttin' TO say. Every time Hagar and Anthony talk about the current state of Van Halen, it's like watching them fumble around at the RnRHoF in 2007 all over again: two putzes not even in the group anymore, trying to step into someone else's spotlight instead of generating their own attention the legit way based on what they're doing musically right now.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• marty d.
            Roth Army Recruit
            • May 2012

My first post,i'm honored to be here. I must say that Dave is the best rock lyricist ever! Sammy must feel
            like such a fucking dipshit looking at his Vh lyric sheets. Fuck you Sammy, you fat jealous cocksucker.

Comment

• perrin29
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2012

Sammy's comments prove that deep down he is a bitter, jealous, classless asshole. He could've said "hope those guys are doing alright and figure it out" but no...he makes a cheap shot about a bet. What a fuckin ass-clown.

Comment

• Yount
                Commando
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Coyote
                Spam... you're still a soul-sucking scumbag who attained a level of fame which you DIDN'T deserve in the first place.
                Repeat that!
                He fell ass backwards into VH, who were high on the hog then. Jeez, thank the mechanic. Talk about a break. "Hey Ma Hagar, my weekly cheques just done added a few zeros bayyyby."

Comment

• Yount
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2012

So is it true that Ed referred to Sammy as "The Snake" in an interview???

Found in the comments
                  From issue #40 of Fireworks magazine: "I'm gonna make a statement, and you'll probably think I'm crazy..." Sammy Hagar discusses Chickenfoot live, their "averagely brilliant" new DVD, Michael Anthony and Van Halen, Chad Smith being crazy, Joe Satriani being from another dimension, and why Sammy in a Smart Car is just a joke. BUZZING! By James Gaden Last year a brand new band exploded onto the scene known as Chickenfoot, sparking a lot of hype due to each individual member of the band being a star in their own right - ex-Van Halen bass player Michael Anthony, ex-Van Halen singer Sammy Hagar, guitar hero Joe Satriani and Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith. Back in issue 36, James Gaden went to London to interview Joe Satriani in support of the album. Shortly after that, he attended the sole UK show at Shepherds Bush which was excellent. Chickenfoot’s live reputation impressed virtually all who had seen it, so a decision was taken to capture the band on tour for a live DVD and Blu-ray. ‘Get Your Buzz On’ is the result, a full live Chickenfoot show, backed with an hour long documentary of the band on the road. When offered the chance to talk to the legendary Sammy Hagar about it, James Gaden jumped at the opportunity to phone the enthusiatic Red Rocker to hear his thoughts on the latest product... Hi Sammy, it’s James from Fireworks Magazine in the UK. How are you doing Jim? Wow, we’ve got a great connection here, I thought with all the volcano in Iceland

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    It's like, Hagar has nothing else to talk about anymore unless it's about Van Halen...
                    Well, he could always talk about Chickendouche...Oh Wait! Nobody gives a fuck!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
                      So is it true that Ed referred to Sammy as "The Snake" in an interview???

Found in the comments
                      http://www.vhnd.com/2010/07/25/sammy...orks-magazine/
                      actually it was "little red worm" at least in the one from 2006

Comment

• Yount
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                        actually it was "little red worm" at least in the one from 2006
                        Was that intended by Ed to be a bait reference?

Comment

• Yount
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2012

Funny comments...
                          Sammy says "Ed is a noodler?" What a fucking loser.....I'd say the way he talks about Mikey is more insulting then just getting the cold shoulder from Van Halen, Sammy talks about Mikey like he's some 5 year old retarded kid in a wheel chair that's just doing the best he can! oh its so cute look at him go!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
                            Was that intended by Ed to be a bait reference?

go to 9:45 I took it as just him knowing about the shit-talking nature but everything's open to interpretation.

Comment

• Never was
                              Foot Soldier
                              • May 2012

Its particularly classless becuase Sammy has zero connection w what goes on in VH. He had zero idea. What if it was a serious health issue, or something wrong with Wolfie, or whatever. Even as a bitter ex who wants to inflate their significance this was out of line.

Also he had issues w Roth before he ever was in VH calling faggot. His claim to fame is being that faggots substitute in the band the faggot himself named. Shameful for him to use that word as well considering he has roots in the bay area, way to respect your community. Classless from begining to end.

Comment

• loucap81
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Apr 2012

A lot of people at the Links are criticizing Hagar's latest comments and are as profane if not moreso than people here about him. You know it's bad when even people at that site are tired of him.

As far as the tequila thing, how does the story go...that he got Ed and Al to invest money into his business in the late '80s, it tanked at first, Hagar bought them out for a fraction of what they invested, and then not long afterwards the business took off? I don't know how you can trust someone like that.

Comment

Working...