"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TongueNGroove
    Van Hagar is equal to Van Halen. The sooner you realize that you can start enjoying more killer tunes.

It is a shame you have shut your mind off to some of the greatest music ever made.
    For me it's a matter of principle. I refused to have anything to do with Van Hagar after seeing Dave on Much Music when they were slagging him during their first tour. The guy was visibly hurt, and I was pissed, so I said fuck them.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Van Hagar is equal to Van Halen. The sooner you realize that you can start enjoying more killer tunes.

It is a shame you have shut your mind off to some of the greatest music ever made.
      As much as bubble gum is equal to steak... ...Is this a joke? This can't be real.

Comment

• loucap81
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2012

I seriously keep forgetting that Van Hagar even existed. Van Hagar, as well as solo Hagar, have about as much relevance to the advancement of rock and roll as shitty hair bands like Warrant and Slaughter. It's boring, generic music that you just shrug your shoulders at and move on. Hagar shouldn't get any attention at all on these boards, positive or negative. He's a nothing in the scheme of things and I think our time is better spent celebrating VH and not letting him live rent free in our heads.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
          Veteran
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by loucap81
          I seriously keep forgetting that Van Hagar even existed. Van Hagar, as well as solo Hagar, have about as much relevance to the advancement of rock and roll as shitty hair bands like Warrant and Slaughter. It's boring, generic music that you just shrug your shoulders at and move on. Hagar shouldn't get any attention at all on these boards, positive or negative. He's a nothing in the scheme of things and I think our time is better spent celebrating VH and not letting him live rent free in our heads.
          Well said Lou...
          Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Yount
            Commando
            • Jan 2012

Hagar shouldn't get any attention at all on these boards, positive or negative. He's a nothing in the scheme of things and I think our time is better spent celebrating VH and not letting him live rent free in our heads.
            Fuck no!
            Know your enemy!

Comment

• katina
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

You seriously keep forgetting that Van Hagar even existed? Good for you, I respect that.

But this thread is for people who doesn´t forget what he did to VH and Dave and still does.....
              How old were you in 1984? Many people here awaited 27, 28 years to see the True Van Halen again and listen to ADKOT, 28 years it´s a long wait......
              As Yount said: we know our enemy.....

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Post of the year!!!
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Zing!
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

In Lou's defense, he only just returned to the fray and probably hasn't went back through the last 49 pages of this thread where this topic was already covered. Many here share that very sentiment, Lou (that Haggar deserves no attention in Main, negative or otherwise), but it is what it is. Welcome back, by the way.
                  My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• loucap81
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2012

Yeah I didn't wade through the rest of the thread. VH is kicking ass and that's all I need. Couldn't care less what Hagar does, don't feel the need to hate on Chickenfoot because it's totally irrelvant to anything.

Yeah I do have a different perspective than a lot of people here. I was born in 1981 and by the time I had heard of VH, Hagar simply was the singer and that was that. I didn't get my heart broken so I don't have the vitriol towards him, and I seriously, honestly keep forgetting about that whole era. In talking VH to other casual or non-fans I forget that I even have to clarify that I'm DLR era only. What was DLR's quote that while there may have been multiple singers for VH he was THE singer. I just assume most people get that but obviously when you go to places like the Links, they don't get that. Whatever. I don't dwell on how shitty of a band Nickelback is and in the same way, I don't dwell on Hagar or Chickenfoot.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I guess Time has told Hagar didn't stand the test of time
                      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Yount
                        Fuck no!
                        Know your enemy!
                        Speaking of which, I read his God aweful book (for free) with a 'keep your friends close, but your enemies closer' attitude. I strongly recommend others do the same. It's a good feeling to have your disgust and or genuine hatred in this guy be truly validated. The corner he paints himself in with his arrogance and ignorance is quite comical and priceless. And the forward by Mike, unfortunately, is enough to warrant there being a thread based on the topic of 'just what the hell was Mike Anthony thinking?'

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Who are we talking about again? Selective amnesia...

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

TongueNAss.... still a sheep, but at least he's a committed sheep. Or he should be committed..... probably both.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Unchainme
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2005

has anyone seen this shit?

someone really should fucking cold cock hagar right in the fucking skull.
                              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• lesfunk
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

i seriously keep forgetting that van hagar even existed. Van hagar, as well as solo hagar, have about as much relevance to the advancement of rock and roll as shitty hair bands like warrant and slaughter. It's boring, generic music that you just shrug your shoulders at and move on. Hagar shouldn't get any attention at all on these boards, positive or negative. He's a nothing in the scheme of things and i think our time is better spent celebrating vh and not letting him live rent free in our heads.
                                lou!!
                                http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Working...