"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
    What was that old Dennis Miller line about how if they really want to fuck you, they'll give you one free?

SAMMY HAGAR Hopes To Make Concerts Free In The Future - Aug. 1, 2005

Launch Radio Networks reports: Sammy Hagar hopes that in the near future he won't have to charge for a concert ticket again. Hagar told Launch that his other ventures, like Cabo Wabo tequila and his Cabo Wabo Cantina clubs, are making enough money to subsidize his live dates. He plans to pass that benefit on to the fans. "I'm getting real close to being able to go out and perform, big concerts with huge production, for free," he said. "That's what I'm trying to get to. It's a year or two early from being able to do it for free, assuming the company keeps growing the way it is."
    Finally! A spammie concert worth every penny they charge!
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Mr Walker
      If you turn on any classic rock radio station, then you hear just as much Sammy-era VAN HALEN as you do David Lee Roth-era VAN HALEN.
      uhh...bullshit

Eruption/You Really Got Me
      Jamie's Cryin'
      Runnin' with the Devil
      Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
      Beautiful Girls
      Dance the Night Away
      ...and the cradle will rock
      Romeo Delight
      Mean Street
      Unchained
      Dancing In The Streets
      Oh Pretty Woman
      Jump
      Panama
      Hot For Teacher
      I'll Wait.

All get regular play on the fm dial. Some more than the other, but it's clear they still standup.

I've all heard these songs get regular airplay in my neck of the woods. Here's Sammy's songs, that usuallly come on during "Deliliah" aka syndicated Soft Rock hour
      Why Can't this be love
      Dreams
      Love Walks In
      Finish What Ya Started
      When It's Love
      Right Now

And yes, yet again, Dave's years are mainly remembered for ass kickers. Dave is definitly more of the rock star, fuck, when I think of "Rock Star", and "Rock Band", I think of Dave and CVH. Hagar is a fucking red heard putz, and not even anywhere near that. He's not a rock star, he's one of those dudes that sings about fucking and drinking, and then drives off with his wife and kids in a station wagon for the week, much like what dave said back in the day about those type of 'rock stars"

Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Look at all the stories people have about Dave. Go read CFTH, go watch US Fest. Sam can't hold a damn candle to any of those things. I'd rather have my rock star be some crazy ass robert plant meets frank sinatra meets indiana jones meets bruce lee meets wilt chamberlin than some fucking red rock tampon.

compared to this:

The proof is in the pudding my friends. Sammy Hagar, and Van Hagar were the Nickelback of the 80's, corporate cheese that just happened to take the name of a REAL rock band
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• NIN1211
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2012

VH1 and 84....sold more than 5 million of all the gagar albums combined....enough said

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• NIN1211
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

I love this thread....u guys always put a smile on my face. I am going to McDonalds to buy a Happy Meal. Perhaps they are giving away Spammy tix for their play-land date in May. LOLOLOL...love it

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• hambon4lif
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Olompali4
              "he's the only guy that I know that could just go above [me]," adds Hagar. "he can get up above me, just squeeze his nuts and get on up there – He's just … he's so fast. That's the thing that people don't understand about Mike. He learns faster than anyone I've ever met in my life."

"He never played like this in Van Halen," Sammy continues. "I remember recording in Van Halen, and Mike's just going, 'boom, boom, boom, boom.' Boy, Mike's really capable of playing more than that. So Mike and I, one time, we're in Cabo San Lucas when we were in Van Halen — say probably around '89, '88 or '89, when we were still loving each other, and having a good time — But, he didn't get it, you know? But Michael has been tearing it up on this" more on this story
              Ya' know......I'm not a homophobe. If two dudes want to fuck, that's their business. This interview was really more than I cared to know.......

Hey Sambo, nobody needs to know about your fucking love life. Next time try using some goddamn discretion.

(If you'll notice, I didn't alter a single thing from the original post. It really does say all that shit)

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by NIN1211
                I love this thread....u guys always put a smile on my face. I am going to McDonalds to buy a Happy Meal. Perhaps they are giving away Spammy tix for their play-land date in May. LOLOLOL...love it
                30 damn pages of oozing cheddar cheese. This is the thread I love to hate.
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                  Ya' know......I'm not a homophobe.
                  You're just a homo! :fucku2:

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Olompali4

Hagar Says Eddie Van Halen Didn't Get It?

02/23/2012

"He never played like this in Van Halen," Sammy continues. "Eddie [Van Halen] doesn't even realize what a great bass player he had.y

HAHAHA!

So now his excuse is poor Michael Anthony never got a fair chance? I do recall he was allowed to solo on their tours. A LOT of solos. It was his choice to go up there with his 7 minutes & do nothing but smash his bass & drink whiskey. He had the chance to rock it & groove for 7 minutes.

Man, Eddie gets worse & worse the longer Sammy has to invent new BS stories. At the rate he is going, in another 5 years we'll hear Sam telling us how Eddie wouldn't go onstage without drinking fresh kitten blood first.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                      M Uncle Fester needs to STFU and learn how to play a actual groovy and memorable riff.

Yeah, 'Surfing' was a long, long time ago man. He's been riding that wave a long time.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Well, apparently as early as 1982 Ed was claiming in then off-the-record interviews that he didn't feel Mike Anthony was earning his keep in VH, far as contributing song ideas, etc. Which was always kinda strange to me, because I thought the stuff Anthony did on Fair Warning was excellent (even if Anthony didn't write any of the tunes on the album, his bass work was - still is- just as essential to me as anything Roth and the Van Halens laid down on those tracks).

So, perhaps Hagar has a point in claiming that Eddie didn't appreciate what Anthony brought to the band, or that Eddie failed to utilize the maximum Anthony was capable of delivering far as bass playing went.

Whatever. I mean, I still think Anthony should have toured with the band last time around; the guy was owed THAT much for his loyalty. However, Wolf brought it on ADKOT and is bringing it live this time around.

I'm not really missing Biff Malibu anymore. Hope the dude is enjoying what he's doing in Chickenfoot.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Jetstream
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Dec 2011

Sammy Fuckgar is doing this shit again and again. He tried to cover his ass when he said "even if the new Van Halen sells more, it does not mean it is better" BS when he realized that ADKOT kicked his chickshit project to hell. Now that Wolfy just blew away all of Michael Anthony's work on bass with the new LP, he returns to the familiar Hagar excuse approach of "he was just not utilized in Van Halen". Could somebody point out then where in Chickenfoot has Anthony shown he is better at bass than this 20 year old kid. Could someone please even point out which Chickpoop song that Anthony's background vocals are so amazing that you regret not having him in your band. SHUT THE FUCK UP HAGAR...SHUT THE FUCK UP!
                          I got lost in the...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

point in the whole wolfgang vs. anthony debate is that wolfgang is now close to the age the halens were back in the day when they were starting off...and we can say that wolfgang had some kind of headstart. being sourrounded by outstanding musical talent and playing in THAT band. maybe some should accept that "kiddo" is a young gun but one hell of a talented musician. he handles the back up harmonies, is working the stage and he fucking groves with aunt alexis and his old man.

the "sammy is more rock"-quote made my day...say it like you mean it, Joe...
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Mikk555
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Feb 2012

Mikey is not the issue or the problem. He still kicks ass and would definitely would have completed this historic VH comeback! The sky is the limit for Wolfie. Hey it's in the blood............Now play Blood & Fire when the tour hits beantown!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Since we're off on a Wolfie tangent here I'll put in my 2 cents worth...I complained just about as much as anybody else about the fact that Wolfie was up on the stage with Van Halen in '07. I hated the fucking hell out of it and I told anybody who'd listen, and a whole hell of a lot of people who could have given two shits less. And I was right - that kid had no business being on stage with The Mighty Van Halen in '07.

But this is 5 years later...and Wolf isn't a 16 year old anymore. The kid can play the bass. He sings and he seems way more comfortable being on stage. And the thing that I respect is that he's not out there pissing and moaning. The kid hasn't imploded or exploded or been on every news show or internet-bullshit-fucking-I'm-here-today-gone-tomorrow website. The guy shows up and plays and stays in the background and doesn't pitch a fucking fit every other night. I truly believe that the brothers and Dave understood that we didn't want Wolfie crammed down our throats and they've done everything they can to make sure, this time around, that they understand.

Or I could just be full of shit and beer...It happens
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...